Ozone 8 "crashing" in Reason 10

Discuss VST stuff here!
Libraquaricorn

28 May 2019

Anyone else having trouble with Ozone 8 being disabled when exporting song to 16 bit wav from Reason 10? Reason does not crash and continues the exporting process but Ozone sits there with the yellow warning triangle. If I save the project, close Reason and then open the project again, Ozone works just fine with the settings it had prior to its crash and I can export the song succesfully. I think this problem started with Reason 10.3. I have the latest version of Ozone 8 installed and Reason 10.4 on a decent Windows 10 msi desktop pc.

WongoTheSane

28 May 2019

No problems here... It only crashes the first time you use it during the day?

Libraquaricorn

28 May 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
28 May 2019
No problems here... It only crashes the first time you use it during the day?
No, it might crash multiple times during a day, but only at the start of exporting audio and with the same fix every time - Save, close and reopen. Well, it's not a biggie, since the fix is so easy, but still, it is annoying, so I needed to hear if anyone else is having these issues.

WongoTheSane

29 May 2019

Do you use reference songs by any chance? I have no idea what causes this so my first instinct would be to look at the file system (ref song on a slow HD, or in a wrong format, etc).

Libraquaricorn

29 May 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
29 May 2019
Do you use reference songs by any chance? I have no idea what causes this so my first instinct would be to look at the file system (ref song on a slow HD, or in a wrong format, etc).
I've never used reference songs, so that can't be it. I've used Ozone today without it crashing, so I guess I'll never know...

Oquasec

29 May 2019

You have to give us Event Viewer logs next time it happens
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Libraquaricorn

01 Jun 2019

As always, talking about it helps. There have been no Ozone-crashes since I posted this thread. :puf_smile:
Last edited by Libraquaricorn on 01 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

WongoTheSane

01 Jun 2019

Well that's good news... Let's just hope it wasn't a Heisenbug!

• Information