Discuss VST stuff here!
moneykube

27 Feb 2020

https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

demt

27 Feb 2020

strange very ! .indecipheral website to go with indecipheral prices
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2020

I use a few and I think they're great. Sure they're very simple, but the ones I've used sound pretty awesome. I was just using the Soft Piano and Charango ones last night.

demt

27 Feb 2020

could you tell me y the price tag is 6grand i carnt make head nor tail of it
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

EdGrip

27 Feb 2020

I've got Soft Piano - it's lovely.

Felt Piano used to be 99 quid and needed Kontakt - now it uses their sample player and is only 40, it's a total bargain that I will be getting at some point. They're making good stuff.

dvdrtldg

27 Feb 2020

Excellent freebies. Not big on features/tweakability but primo quality sounds. I'm using them a lot

boggg1

28 Feb 2020

demt wrote:
27 Feb 2020
could you tell me y the price tag is 6grand i carnt make head nor tail of it
You seem confused, the LABS items are free, anything else from Spitfire has a price tag. The page linked above has both types on one page. Some Spitfire items are very expensive (representing the fact that they are very high quality and huge in content). Anything LABS is free.

Disadvantages
The interface is simplistic (not many options)
You give them your email address and they send you some adverts for their products
They take disk space

Advantages
They are good quality
Some unusual but not freaky sounds
They keep coming
They are free
joeyluck keeps a running commentary whenever a new one arrives, else you have to revisit the page above.

Did I mention they are free ?
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

StephenHutchinson

22 Mar 2020

I downloaded all of these and while Reason 11 (version 11.2.1d17) on Mac finds the VST plugins, but on Windows 10 the same version doesn't load the VSTs. I've updated Spitfire Audio Labs and added all the proper VST folders in Reason's preferences... any advice? Thanks in advance.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

boggg1

22 Mar 2020

Obvious question, is Reason searching the folder where the VST is saved ?

Select
"Settings\VST2 Install Location"
in Spitfire Audio to find where the VST was installed (unless you manually changed it during installation)
Select
"Edit\Preferences\Advanced\VST Plugin Folders
in Reason to find out where Reason is looking for VSTs

Sorry if this is obvious, I don't know how much you know !

boggg1

22 Mar 2020

Sorry, I did not make this clear.
I was just pointing out that the most likely problem is still that they are not being seen by Reason, even though you say you installed correctly

The other thing to try is "Window\Manage Plugins" from within Reason
When I do this I can see...
Spitfire Audio LABS (64 Bit) Instrument Enabled

enossified

22 Mar 2020

I've played around with LABS a bit. It's a player plugin from Spitfire with a small library of free sounds to maybe entice you into buying their $$$$$ libraries. If you are into ambient, space music and soundscapes, you'll find some nice sounds here. They post a new sound every month. I'm not sure how many sounds they currently have, maybe two dozen by now?

Think of it like an even simpler Kontakt Player, you can't do any deep progamming only what the designer decided to give you.There's a very small number of controls as explained in this video. Oddly, it's not velocity sensitive, you use the mod wheel instead to allow automating dynamics.

bossa
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2020

Yes, a lot! Strange, but inspire me!

Hear this, i use spitfire: https://blog.bossasworld.de/2019/11/15/opia/ or

nomis

24 Mar 2020

Yes if you want some free instruments covering a huge range of bases then this is a good start. It is enticing to buy there full products but you wont be disappointed if you do.

They also have some cheaper options called originals which sound great albeit limited for just $29.

Steedus
Competition Winner

24 Mar 2020

Yeah I actually sprung for the Felt Piano, even though Soft Piano is very nice (and free). I was pleased to find it's actually a completely different sample set (and different actual piano) recorded with a couple of mic options. It's not quite as 'dark' as Soft Piano which in some cases is a blessing.

nomis

25 Mar 2020

Felt Piano I keep putting off as I like Noire from NI so much but the price difference is huge of course. How does it sound in practice?
I agree soft piano can be a little dull.
I have Heavocity's Ascend Piano as well which is very much like Noire which is why I haven't gone for Noire as yet (secretly waiting for a sale :-) )

I may go for felt piano its $29 I spend more on coffee per week at Starbucks which Covid 19 has put paid too so why not!

Which reminds me stay safe everyone everyone loves there grandma even if she wont shave off the moustache!

• Information