Is this as good as iZotope deals get?

Discuss VST stuff here!
bieh

25 Aug 2022

IZotope is offering me Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition for $299. That sounds like one of the best deals I've seen on anything iZotope. Would anyone else care to comment on whether that's the case? Would it be crazy to miss that deal?

boggg1

25 Aug 2022

I presume this is a loyalty "deal" for you as a previous customer. My deal for that package is $249 (I just checked) but I have quite a few Izotope plugins from the past and a history of upgrading.

I can't quite work out if this deal includes the imminent update to version 10 of Ozone which might be worth having. The wording is unclear. Lots of the other deals I have been offered explicitly mention the upgrade to 10 will be free if you buy now.

I will not be upgrading this time.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

jam-s

25 Aug 2022

If this is a good deal highly depends on what you already have from them imho. So for example for me all recent offers have rather been meh. Especially so, as dialogue match is for Macs only.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Aug 2022

I believe I got the everything bundle for 199 or was it 299? Idk, but it definitely included the free upgrade to ozone and Rx. The wording was very clear about that.

Today I read something about native instruments roadmap for traktor. Which i do not use, but found it very interesting that they have integrated ozone limiter onto it and plan to add more izotope effects into the platform. Thought that was cool for DJs who use it 👍

bieh

26 Aug 2022

What's happening with this iZotope deal right now is definitely a mistake.

So no, actually I can't get this deal for $299. But iZotope has admitted to causing confusion and offered me a 10% discount on the price that I would otherwise qualify for - $399.

I have an email addressed to me, clearly and unconditionally telling me I can get Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition (and it does include the forthcoming version 10 upgrades) for $299. If I click on the link to the website - while logged in to my iZotope account - I'm shown a product page that offers me the same thing for the same price - also on a completely unconditional basis. When I click "Add to Cart", I'm told for the first time that it's an upgrade from Ozone Standard, which I don't have.

It's bad enough to have incorrect information prior to the shopping cart, but it's worse that it appears their checkout would actually allow me to buy an upgrade from a product I don't have even while I'm logged in to an account that has data on the fact that I don't have it. I imagine some people might not notice the discrepancy in the deal heading, buy the deal, and then not be able to use the product because of licensing issues.

EdGrip

27 Aug 2022

Just had a look at that roadmap - looks to be clearly about a Traktor-as-a-service subscription model. This fits with the Chris Randall Twitter thread I mentioned here re. the FM8 deal, about the venture capital-owned new NI/Izotope/PA conglomerate extracting maximum money for minimum innovation going forwards. Expect increasingly deep sales and discounts on all their stuff.

PhillipOrdonez

27 Aug 2022

Oh yeah, traktor plus or something? 🙄
Yet it is cool too have ozone maximiser baked in. Iirc, that one did not require the subscription, but the other izotope effects do.

EdGrip

27 Aug 2022

Given that Traktor isn't a production environment, but DJ software, the inclusion of Ozone Maximizer seems a bit redundant - as in, DJ software is mainly dealing with finished tracks which have already had all the mastering limiter treatment. You'd just be double-limiting them.

I can see the value in a master compressor to glue decks together when DJing, but I think that's a slightly different device and purpose.

PhillipOrdonez

27 Aug 2022

I think it is useful. Club systems count with limiters, are they redundant cause they are dealing with djs who play with finished tracks? No.

Perhaps the DJ is testing a new unfinished tune and the master isn't quite there on par with the other finished ones or it is an old tune which is more dynamic and doesn't have the loudness the previous tracks have, how you turn them up to try to make them fit in your set without clipping? What if you are a live act hybrid act with some hardware and also DJing other people's music? Your hardware beats aren't going to be able to match the other stuff unless you turn everything else down (or you shell the big bucks for a Martin stimming mastering chain), but the other artists before and after you are much louder than you, you can't be the quietest, can you? 😱

Jac459

27 Aug 2022

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Aug 2022
but the other artists before and after you are much louder than you, you can't be the quietest, can you? 😱
Actually I have delightful memories of a huge rave party a few decades ago with big stars like Underworld, Ken Ishii, Luke Slater and ... Laurent Garnier. For those who can remember, Laurent Garnier was a kind of living god of the DJ-scene at this time, before the Guetta and all. When he arrived around 4AM, the sound was so loud that it was only bass because all the DJs previously were playing louder and louder. So the first thing he did at the beginning of the set is to cut the volume by half, and he started to play like that for almost 30 minutes... People were literally insulting him and screaming at him. After 30min, when he started to put back volume and bass, the ambiance was like crazy... One of the best party of my life :-).

(sorry for the totally off topic comment :oops:)
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

• Information