KORG Legacy Collection update & sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
Tiny Montgomery

28 Jul 2023

Just reading elsewhere that Korg have updates on these devices available - including one for the Arp Odyssey!

ARP ODYSSEY
Version 1.5.2 New Features
・Added support for screen size change.
・Other stability improvements.

Will be checking as soon as I get home.

Also got an offer for the 3 latest devices which i dont have at $49 (about 40 quid sterling I suppose) which are the microKorg, Electribe & Kaoss pad.

Not that tempted tbh, but Im sure I'd probably find something in the microKorg presets given that the hardware has been used in a lot of electronic music over the past 20 years or so.

Any opinions on the microKorg VST or the other two?

benjified

28 Jul 2023

I think Gforce might have a sale on Oddity 3 , an ARP Oddysey emulation with some some bells and whistles. You can get polyphony, macro controls, and modulate almost any control with a LFO or envelope. The Korg one is good, I have the iPad app version, but I think Oddity 3 is a bit nicer.

huggermugger

28 Jul 2023

benjified wrote:
28 Jul 2023
I think Gforce might have a sale on Oddity 3 , an ARP Oddysey emulation with some some bells and whistles. You can get polyphony, macro controls, and modulate almost any control with a LFO or envelope. The Korg one is good, I have the iPad app version, but I think Oddity 3 is a bit nicer.
Likewise, not sure about the Korg, but the Oddity sounds amazing. I only have v2, and the upgrade will make it even better.

Tiny Montgomery

28 Jul 2023

Hmm having problems with this Arp Odyssey update. It appears in Reason fine. But in Ableton neither VST3 or VST2 is showing. If I switch on the AU2 folder its there, but I generally just have VST3 folder enabled and ive only installed what i use.

The VST3 is in the correct folder in the mac OS and the standalone works also. Have tried option rescan, turning the VST3 folder on and off, reinstalling Odyssey, no joy.

And after I took the trouble to start a thread for it, fml.

benjified

29 Jul 2023

I got the MonoPoly installed on my windows machine recently . I don’t like Korg’s website and authentication. Is your Mac a M1/M2 machine?

Tiny Montgomery

29 Jul 2023

benjified wrote:
29 Jul 2023
I got the MonoPoly installed on my windows machine recently . I don’t like Korg’s website and authentication. Is your Mac a M1/M2 machine?
Yes.

Incidentally the AU of the Odyssey I mentioned doesn't work either in Ableton.

As the VST3 works fine in Reason I can only assume it's an Ableton issue.

WaxTrax

29 Jul 2023

GForce Oddity3 is on sale until Aug 1. I just picked it up at jrrshop for $54.59 with code GROUP. It's on sale for $65 USD at most other places.

SebAudio

30 Jul 2023

I can’t stand the bright & shiny UI of gForce synths (re or VST). If Korg Odyssey were an RE we could modulate nearly every parameter and have the same flexibility as Oddity 3.

choomanching

30 Jul 2023

can reason put a sale on polysix re please thank you

amanitamix

01 Aug 2023

WaxTrax wrote:
29 Jul 2023
GForce Oddity3 is on sale until Aug 1. I just picked it up at jrrshop for $54.59 with code GROUP. It's on sale for $65 USD at most other places.
I picked up GForce Oddity 3 because of this thread and I love it, and if loving it is wrong, I don't want to be right"

Tiny Montgomery

02 Aug 2023

So I just saw on KVR that two people with same configuration as me (latest MAC OS and latest version of Ableton) are having the same issue with the Arp Odyssey not appearing in Ableton after the latest Korg update. Not had any acknowledgment of my ticket from Ableton but its good to know its not just my machine or set up.

Might start a track in Reason later in protest!

Tiny Montgomery

28 Aug 2023

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
02 Aug 2023
So I just saw on KVR that two people with same configuration as me (latest MAC OS and latest version of Ableton) are having the same issue with the Arp Odyssey not appearing in Ableton after the latest Korg update. Not had any acknowledgment of my ticket from Ableton but its good to know its not just my machine or set up.

Might start a track in Reason later in protest!
This is fixed by *manually* deleting the VST, VST3 and Component from their respective library folders and then reinstalling. Well it fixed it for me anyway. Also clicked uninstall on the instrument in Korg Software Pass after deleting the plugins which enabled the download button again for the reinstall.

• Information