Ohmforce plugins - free

Discuss VST stuff here!
Popey
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2023

I have always heard good things about
ohmforce plugins but never owned them.

Some are now free so downloaded a couple and thought I would give others the head up.

Disclaimer: haven't had time to try them yet but they may be good

Link here: https://www.ohmforce.com/plugins

dvdrtldg

01 Aug 2023

I get that it's supposed to be all about the music, but holy shit those legacy plugins look hideous. Anyone using them & finding them essential?

Aosta

01 Aug 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Aug 2023
I get that it's supposed to be all about the music, but holy shit those legacy plugins look hideous. Anyone using them & finding them essential?
My very thoughts, the GUI designer had a 'vision' for sure :?
Tend the flame

Mattvank

02 Aug 2023

THX. :clap:

Ohmicide is the perfect mod for ABL Bassline 3 :D
Too bad that the old Ohmboyze Delay is not there.
Edit: very buggy. :|
Last edited by Mattvank on 02 Aug 2023, edited 3 times in total.

Rising Night Wave

02 Aug 2023

Popey wrote:
01 Aug 2023

Some are now free so downloaded a couple and thought I would give others the head up.

on the first place it is all about what you can do with these plugins.
but what i heard for each via soundcloud links they did not convince me.
thus this does not mean they are actually bad.
but some are really very hideous.

i still somehow support only REs. unless VST is really worth it.
as said those soundcloud examples showing what you can do with these VST did not convince me. so... from me is no-go to them.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
02 Aug 2023
Popey wrote:
01 Aug 2023

as said those soundcloud examples showing what you can do with these VST did not convince me. so... from me is no-go to them.
That's cool rnw as we each like different things.

I have not even tried them yet but am a sucker for distortion plugs so hopefully they are ok (heard good things about the dev)

Just shared the link as some might like it and they are free so some rt users may benefit.

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2023

Aosta wrote:
01 Aug 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Aug 2023
My very thoughts, the GUI designer had a 'vision' for sure :?
They certainly have their own unique style. They remind me a bit of freakshow industries weird gui but obviously these legacy plugs were out before.

Rising Night Wave

02 Aug 2023

Popey wrote:
02 Aug 2023
Rising Night Wave wrote:
02 Aug 2023

That's cool rnw as we each like different things.

I have not even tried them yet but am a sucker for distortion plugs so hopefully they are ok (heard good things about the dev)

Just shared the link as some might like it and they are free so some rt users may benefit.
certainly yes.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Jackjackdaw

02 Aug 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Aug 2023
Reminds me of that Butch Vig vocal mix VST. (Google it). There was a time when it was briefly considered cutting edge to have VSTs that looked like Sega Megadrive title screens.

dvdrtldg

03 Aug 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
02 Aug 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
01 Aug 2023
Reminds me of that Butch Vig vocal mix VST. (Google it). There was a time when it was briefly considered cutting edge to have VSTs that looked like Sega Megadrive title screens.
Ohhhh yeah bad news lol. Waves are serial offenders in the ugly UI stakes, Scheps Parallel Particles is almost (but not quite) as bad as that Butch Vig nightmare

challism

03 Aug 2023

I had forgotten about that Butch Vig plugin. ha ha ha, that thing is hideous. But it has good reviews.

I used the Ohmboyz delay way back when I was first starting out with DAWs -using Cakewalk- and I just figured out how to use VSTs (and download torrents). I liked that delay back in the day because it was so unusual. I'm not sure I could be bothered with it or any of these ugly things now. Maybe with a custom Combi interface.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

npinero1

03 Aug 2023

I loved their plugins back when I was using Digital Performer. the presets were very creative.
I downloaded the Apple Silicon compatible plugins and tried following the instructions but they are not appearing in Reason 12.

Was anyone else here successful on a Mac M1 computer?
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

Mataya

03 Aug 2023

I think you were able to choose an ugly or a pretty yellow skin during install and that's for every plugin. I loved their plug, delay especially.

M

dhruan

04 Aug 2023

Oooh, nice! I bought Ohmicide back in the day and still love it (but rarely use it because the UI is somewhat painful to use, and the overall UX... yeah). It can certainly get you gnarly and interesting results if you put the effort in. I just wish they would develop and release an updated version, an "Ohmicide 2.0", at some point but seems that ain't happening, been hoping for that for over a decade now.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

dhruan

04 Aug 2023

...and I just had a look at how I would like it and it seems that it ain't there anymore, macOS updates seem to have done away with it (on the latest, Ventura, 13.4.1) and the 64bit installer that I have for the paid version doesn't work anymore. Dang. I have zero interest in trying to install it manually.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Ichooselife

01 Sep 2023

i always thought that oh boys delay looked nice with the charactors in it

• Information