Ozone 11

Discuss VST stuff here!
Aosta

07 Sep 2023

Well they have been dabbling with the 'assistant' for a while but this is looking like the next step forward and other software will do the same. A.I is here to stay.

Tend the flame

PhillipOrdonez

07 Sep 2023

🙄

integerpoet

07 Sep 2023

Always remember there is no I in AI.

It's merely statistical analysis — and comparatively simple at that — performed on mind-meltingly large datasets.

Even if it seems to speak English.

Ichooselife

07 Sep 2023

i have yet to see someone mix an entire song without knowing how to mix properly , because that would save me a lot of time 😂

i think there’s always a place for humans

you have the self checkouts in supermarkets but you still need humans to run them

think how lucky we always have been with music software since our 20s at least

before that kids had hardware

years before that they had tape

in the future it will be easier but that will be the way

but is an ai ever gonna be human , i really doubt that

it can be programmed to think faster than a human

but it won’t never be individual like one

PhillipOrdonez

07 Sep 2023

integerpoet wrote:
07 Sep 2023

It's merely statistical analysis — and comparatively simple at that — performed on mind-meltingly large datasets.

Facts.

Loque

07 Sep 2023

integerpoet wrote:
07 Sep 2023

There are a lot of humans that cannot even do that...
Reason12, Win10

integerpoet

07 Sep 2023

Aosta wrote:
07 Sep 2023
Well they have been dabbling with the 'assistant' for a while but this is looking like the next step forward...
Not gonna lie.

I want this.

integerpoet

07 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
07 Sep 2023

The thing of it is… this question misses the point.

When we get what used to be called "strong AI" and is now apparently called "artificial general intelligence", it won't matter who or what is human.

One of the many things AGI will do is tirelessly develop the next generation of AGI. And that generation will tirelessly develop the next. And so on.

Whatever anyone may think of their humanity, in very short order they'll be much smarter than we are.

And the world will change so much as to be unrecognizable in comparison to the world we know.

Will AGI decide to kill us all? Maybe.

Will AGI happily support us in a life of full-time leisure but otherwise disappear into the interstices? Maybe.

Will we all merge consciousness with an AGI and zoom off to the stars? Maybe.

Will music even be a discrete discipline or craft? We cant know, but I bet not.

So don't invest energy in whether there's an irreducible essence of humanity which can never be faked digitally.

I think there isn't, but what I think won't matter.

The question will be rendered irrelevant soon enough.

jam-s

08 Sep 2023

integerpoet wrote:
07 Sep 2023
Whatever anyone may think of their humanity, in very short order they'll be much smarter than we are.

And the world will change so much as to be unrecognizable in comparison to the world we know.

We're all gonna DAI. ;)

But interesting times we're living in.

PhillipOrdonez

08 Sep 2023

integerpoet wrote:
07 Sep 2023
Aosta wrote:
07 Sep 2023
Well they have been dabbling with the 'assistant' for a while but this is looking like the next step forward...
Not gonna lie.

I want this.
I'll get it when it's on sale. Honestly, I think this time nectar 4 is a lot more interesting than ozone 11.

Przemyslaw

08 Sep 2023

I use it and must say that this is a great addition to the mastering workflow, assistant "AI" is like another pair of ears in finding sweet spot, balance and "bad" frequencies. I have production suite with Nectar and Neutron. It is not holy grail or solution for bad mixing, it is not perfect but helps.

EnochLight

08 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
07 Sep 2023
i have yet to see someone mix an entire song without knowing how to mix properly , because that would save me a lot of time 😂

You misunderstand what the "A.I." assistants in iZotope products are for - they're not meant to create a proper mix or master for you and remove the humans. They are meant to help get you from point A to Z faster, and simply "assist". That's all. You absolutely have work to do in the software even if you use the assistants. But when you're actually a working professional in the entertainment industry that needs to get several mixes/masters done for a client in a day, shaving even a few minutes off of the process can save you not only tons of time, but tons of money.

That's what iZotope's assistants are aimed at. To help get you closer, faster. Not to do it all for you.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Ichooselife

08 Sep 2023

EnochLight wrote:
08 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
07 Sep 2023

You misunderstand what the "A.I." assistants in iZotope products are for - they're not meant to create a proper mix or master for you and remove the humans. They are meant to help get you from point A to Z faster, and simply "assist". That's all. You absolutely have work to do in the software even if you use the assistants. But when you're actually a working professional in the entertainment industry that needs to get several mixes/masters done for a client in a day, shaving even a few minutes off of the process can save you not only tons of time, but tons of money.

That's what iZotope's assistants are aimed at. To help get you closer, faster. Not to do it all for you.
no i get that and that’s what i’m saying about ai

( think the op changed the title )
it can’t do it all for you yet ,it’s just a useful tool to help you , so this idea that ai is going to replace us is a bit way too soon

EnochLight

08 Sep 2023

Ichooselife wrote:
08 Sep 2023

it can’t do it all for you yet ,it’s just a useful tool to help you , so this idea that ai is going to replace us is a bit way too soon
Oh no doubt - the whole paranoid fear of "A.I. will replace us" is far too premature. Will it happen eventually? Certainly many professions could be in peril, but the artistry of mix engineers and mastering engineers are safe right now. The smart assistants that are available in iZotope and many other plugins is pretty basic compared to what actual people with a good set of ears are capable of.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Ichooselife

08 Sep 2023

EnochLight wrote:
08 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
08 Sep 2023

Oh no doubt - the whole paranoid fear of "A.I. will replace us" is far too premature. Will it happen eventually? Certainly many professions could be in peril, but the artistry of mix engineers and mastering engineers are safe right now. The smart assistants that are available in iZotope and many other plugins is pretty basic compared to what actual people with a good set of ears are capable of.
the problem is a lot of people get so doom and gloom about stuff ( me included instead of concentrating on what we can control )

arnie ain’t coming for us

loopzeugflieger

12 Sep 2023

integerpoet wrote:
07 Sep 2023
Ichooselife wrote:
07 Sep 2023

The thing of it is… this question misses the point.

When we get what used to be called "strong AI" and is now apparently called "artificial general intelligence", it won't matter who or what is human.

One of the many things AGI will do is tirelessly develop the next generation of AGI. And that generation will tirelessly develop the next. And so on.

Will AGI happily support us in a life of full-time leisure but otherwise disappear into the interstices? Maybe.

Will we all merge consciousness with an AGI and zoom off to the stars? Maybe.

Will music even be a discrete discipline or craft? We cant know, but I bet not.

So don't invest energy in whether there's an irreducible essence of humanity which can never be faked digitally.

I think there isn't, but what I think won't matter.

The question will be rendered irrelevant soon enough.
If GAI is "happening" Man will ask.

Human: Is there a god?
GAI: Now there is!

• Information