Which VST Plug In(s)?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Oquasec

02 May 2017

Guys. Subtractor 2.0 and thor 2.0 is parsec.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

bmarsh

02 May 2017

Last edited by bmarsh on 02 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
"The end is built into the beginning" - Charlie Kaufman

Ahornberg

02 May 2017

2CAudio Kaleidoscope is very unique.

sot

02 May 2017

i'd like to try Audulus in reason for more modular madness :) ( http://audulus.com/ ), i own the windows version (for mac there is only AU plugin for now).
:reason: 10

aeox
Competition Winner

02 May 2017

mostly Kontakt libraries such as The Grandeur.

tumar

03 May 2017

ThisIsNotTheMusic wrote: I'll start investigating.How would you rate something like Expanse or Vk-2 against Reaktor? Is it that much better?
Hard to compare. Reaktor is more environment than one synth. It's like Reason itself: it's full modular and has plenty of modules like synths, samplers, sequencers, drum machines, effects... Plus Native Instruments sells many first class modules, which can run in Reaktor only (Monark, Razor, Prism, Kontour, Form etc etc).

Oquasec

03 May 2017

Reason, synthedit and reaktor are fundamentally the same thing.
Which was the point of just using Reason & Synthedit xD Reaktor has found a new user that will use it instead.
Producer/Programmer.

ThisIsNotTheMusic

03 May 2017

I see what I've done here. Just asking about which Re generates always so many diverse options and opinions, then expand that by a million or so for VST's !!....so many, so many ... my mind is in a knot! Having said that, this is a great way to get the insight into what people rate and what it's used for. I can't wait for the upgrade now just to try Ample Guitar free VST's. Gotta start somewhere ...
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

Mysterygrimms

04 May 2017

Good. I can finally use all my nebula libraries (HO, AlexB, etc) with Nebula Reverb from Acustica Audio. I also can load up Waves, Fab Filter Pro EQ, Slate Digital VTM, VCC, Valhalla Vintage Reverb, Sylenth, Spire, Arturia V collection, Korg and the greatest of them all Kontakt from NI.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Iapetus 9

04 May 2017

One of the things I enjoyed so much about Reason was its exclusivity...and that's not meant in a bad way. It means that you had to actually buy your way into Reason. There were no pirates, nor shitleeches on this forum. It was clean. I don't see that being the case anymore...unless the Pheads have something up their sleeves that forces you to authorize your VST's. If that's the case, then more power to em. One of the sweetest things about RE's are their total lack of piracy. No one is getting your hard earned and spent money for free. I think a lot of "Producers" forget that. I sure hope this forum doesn't develop into a total KVR shitfest full of shit talk and DAW War nerd speak. That said, and I mean every swear, I look forward to working with my VST's in Reason.

My favorite VST's have always been left of field and something I couldn't recreate in Reason itself. If you know Reason, then that limits the playing field quite a bit. iRis is gold. Alchemy is too. Schwa Olga and Tassman Modular have a soft spot for me. At any rate, much of the free stuff is just as good as the paid for hype machine. There's not a single thing out there that sounds like Majken's Chimera. It's all out there...whether you pay for it or not. That's what makes me think this is the beginning of the end.
38L > 51D every time.

foma

04 May 2017

My biggest issue with this opening door to VST-wunderland is not to collect too much instruments and fx-plugs. Too much gear equals less creativity in my opinion.
I remember how creative I got 25 years ago with Protracker...

But I welcome this door so much, but remember: don't be a VST-collector. ;-)

ThisIsNotTheMusic

04 May 2017

Iapetus 9 wrote:One of the things I enjoyed so much about Reason was its exclusivity...and that's not meant in a bad way. It means that you had to actually buy your way into Reason. There were no pirates, nor shitleeches on this forum. It was clean. I don't see that being the case anymore...unless the Pheads have something up their sleeves that forces you to authorize your VST's. If that's the case, then more power to em. One of the sweetest things about RE's are their total lack of piracy. No one is getting your hard earned and spent money for free. I think a lot of "Producers" forget that. I sure hope this forum doesn't develop into a total KVR shitfest full of shit talk and DAW War nerd speak. That said, and I mean every swear, I look forward to working with my VST's in Reason.

My favorite VST's have always been left of field and something I couldn't recreate in Reason itself. If you know Reason, then that limits the playing field quite a bit. iRis is gold. Alchemy is too. Schwa Olga and Tassman Modular have a soft spot for me. At any rate, much of the free stuff is just as good as the paid for hype machine. There's not a single thing out there that sounds like Majken's Chimera. It's all out there...whether you pay for it or not. That's what makes me think this is the beginning of the end.
Yeah I think I get that, but, and there is always a but just before the actual content, why does it matter to you, or me, or anyone else who has some level of non-piracy ethos? Just enjoy the endless possibilities, within your non-endless budget ; )
https://soundcloud.com/hissotheusic

In space, no one can hear your song ....

Oquasec

04 May 2017

Personally I can care less about what others use, or what I use.
I stick to a somewhat small collection of rack extensions and very few vsts because I rather not learn more than I need to for most tasks. :lol:
I wanna know each plugin down to it's core.
Producer/Programmer.

Melody303

04 May 2017

If I'm happy with the way VST's are implemented in Reason 9.5 (which I'm only gonna try once it's out. No beta testing here) I know that the most expensive VST I'm getting is Pianoteq, and it will cover all of my piano needs.

Besides that, I know I want an H.G.Fortune (RIP) synth, to give me wonderful pads at the click of a lazy button, I'm just not sure which of them. Most of them are abandonware now.

I'm gonna look into reverbs, not looking for realism, but instead looking for ease of creating the beautifully unrealistic, huge, and neverending.
Same for delays, looking for something easy to create the wonderfully extreme.
On both those counts, I'd also be happy to learn that I prefer what I already have in Reason to what VST's have to offer.

I want Illogic Glitch, but don't know whether the old free version or the new one. Not that there's anything wrong with Ochen K's lovely Glitch, just sometimes I want randomization, and other times I want to sequence, and I didn't like Synchronous stock.

Possibly some granular delay, but I just got the amazing Fritz RE, so I'm not sure I need one.

And I might look into some basic subtractive synths, but I doubt I'll keep anything beyond a trial, given I've pretty much always opted for Subtractor over any other. There are still a couple of highly hyped synth REs I haven't even trialed yet.

I'm keeping my studio lean.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

ltbrunt00

04 May 2017

I haven't joined the Beta club yet but this VST is Freaking awesome if your into this kind of thing.
This is a standalone Vst 2/3/AU plugin. Kontakt 5 Full or player is not required.

http://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/new/bt-phobos/

Last day of the sale. Spitfire is pretty awesome in my book.

NOTE: Some Spitfire products require the Full Kontakt player.
Attachments
BT_Phobos.JPG
BT_Phobos.JPG (98.29 KiB) Viewed 2922 times
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

arqui

04 May 2017

Vst 32 bits - not work
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

dopplereffect

05 May 2017

I cant believe nobody has said UAD plugs!

There are at least four or five that I can't wait to use. ESPECIALLY THE API WITH DRUMS OMG I CANT STOP USING ALL CAPS.
+1 on sausage fattener

zumBeispiel

05 May 2017

Sunrizer is easy to install:

http://www.beepstreet.com/plugins/sunrizer

Ashpool

05 May 2017

I really recommend testing this one:
Dmitry-Sches-Diversion.png
Dmitry-Sches-Diversion.png (231.9 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
Bought it last Christmas on sale and it offers really unique sounds :thumbs_up:

ltbrunt00

10 May 2017

Has anybody in the Beta tested ToonTrack EZ or Superior Drummer. Does dragging midi clips to the Reason Sequencer work? Just Curious
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

EdGrip

10 May 2017

Ashpool wrote:I really recommend testing this one:
Dmitry-Sches-Diversion.png

Bought it last Christmas on sale and it offers really unique sounds :thumbs_up:
With regard to discussion of differing tastes in GUI design in another thread:
I don't know how this synth sounds, but THAT is a really lovely GUI.

• Information