VST in Props Shop

Discuss VST stuff here!
Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

PeZiK wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:What's the point of putting vsts in the shop??? No other DAW company does this.
It´s nice to have all your purchases in one place - not scattered all over the world...isn't it?

P.
All my vst's go in one folder so their not "scattered" around and I never need to look for them unless I have an issue with one. It's not like props is keeping all my serial numbers etc.. in my account lol. It's just doesn't make since imo to load up a gazillion vst's that I can go look for at KVR. Plus we all know how unorganized the rabbit hole ( Props Shop) is.

EnochLight

29 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
PeZiK wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:What's the point of putting vsts in the shop??? No other DAW company does this.
It´s nice to have all your purchases in one place - not scattered all over the world...isn't it?

P.
All my vst's go in one folder so their not "scattered" around and I never need to look for them unless I have an issue with one. It's not like props is keeping all my serial numbers etc.. in my account lol. It's just doesn't make since imo to load up a gazillion vst's that I can go look for at KVR. Plus we all know how unorganized the rabbit hole ( Props Shop) is.
For the tens of thousands of Reason users who have never ventured outside of Reason and always purchased RE's from the PropShop, having VST in the PropShop will be very useful (not to mention expose VST devs to some new potential customers).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

strangers
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

This was a surprise to see. Was going to wait for 10 but not sure if I can hold off any longer.
Seckin wrote:One thing sticks out though: VSTs in the shop don't have a rating bar. Maybe the Props don't want Serum to have a rating of 5 when Parsec has only 4. :roll: :mrgreen:
If VST's were just added to the shop, how would they already have ratings?

Arrant
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

Oh God those VSTs are sooo expensive :exclamation:
Guess the freebies can't be put in the shop then

EnochLight

29 May 2017

Arrant wrote:Oh God those VSTs are sooo expensive :exclamation:
If you go direct to iZotope, they have a holiday sale going on right now that gets you 30% off of most of their stuff. I just picked up Neutron Advanced on the sale price. Serum never goes on sale, but I think U-He's stuff does sometimes.

I doubt the PropShop will ever reflect these sales, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

Ignore this post!

Grum.
Last edited by Grumbleweed on 29 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
If you go direct to iZotope, they have a holiday sale going on right now that gets you 30% off of most of their stuff. I just picked up Neutron Advanced on the sale price. Serum never goes on sale, but I think U-He's stuff does sometimes.

I doubt the PropShop will ever reflect these sales, though.
You can buy Serum by monthly instalments (until it's paid for).

Grum.

EnochLight

29 May 2017

Grumbleweed wrote:You can buy Serum by monthly instalments (until it's paid for).

Grum.
Via Splice, sure - but it's no cheaper than the full retail price. That said, there's no APR, so if you open a Splice account using a checking debit card, it's like getting it at zero interest over the payment terms! :)

SunSetCity

29 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:If you go direct to iZotope, they have a holiday sale going on right now that gets you 30% off of most of their stuff. I just picked up Neutron Advanced on the sale price.
Hi EnochLight,

I'm sorry, but I can't see the Neutron products on sale via Izotope webpage... They are still at 249/349 USD! At PropShop they're at 239/339 USD, so they're 10 bucks cheaper there.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... #&panel2-1

Do you have any link to the Neutron sale for me?

Thanks in advance!

EnochLight

29 May 2017

SunSetCity wrote:
EnochLight wrote:If you go direct to iZotope, they have a holiday sale going on right now that gets you 30% off of most of their stuff. I just picked up Neutron Advanced on the sale price.
Hi EnochLight,

I'm sorry, but I can't see the Neutron products on sale via Izotope webpage... They are still at 249/349 USD! At PropShop they're at 239/339 USD, so they're 10 bucks cheaper there.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... #&panel2-1

Do you have any link to the Neutron sale for me?

Thanks in advance!
Hi SunSetCity,

It's being advertised via their Facebook page here:

https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/memorial- ... Production

Use coupon code MEMDAY2017 in iZotope's shop, and it should give you 30% off - which is a massive savings IMHO. I got Neutron Advanced for just $258.96 (which is over $100 USD off).

Creativemind

29 May 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
Creativemind wrote:They all seem to be mixed in together though, you'd have thought they would have separated them.
It's one click away:

format.PNG
Oh yeah lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

groggy1

29 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:
PeZiK wrote:

P.
For the tens of thousands of Reason users who have never ventured outside of Reason and always purchased RE's from the PropShop, having VST in the PropShop will be very useful (not to mention expose VST devs to some new potential customers).

Agreed with you EnochLight, great to advertise them on the Propshop, in one place.

I wonder what % cut Props take for advertising on their homepage - They've got a TON of Reason users who may not have been addicted to VSTs yet, now seeing them advertised in the Prop shop... Or maybe they're not taking any cut, and simply doing this as a way to drive more traffic to Propshop. Who knows.

Either way, I think it's brilliant. It just feeds on the VST excitement that's already there for 9.5. And we can all imagine that in the future, it's possible that VST purchasing/patching will be made better by Props.

Ixus

29 May 2017

I just got Ozone 7 :)
Thanks for the link to the sale!

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 May 2017

I guess I can't be right about everything. :lol: I really didn't think this would happen until Propellerhead had built an Authorizer SDK for VST developers. Keeping your serials on your PropShop account page seems like a reasonable and simple compromise, though, and I would imagine some developers wouldn't think it was worth it to add a second license manager to their products. And this is certainly the only way they could launch with such a big catalog of VSTs.

SunSetCity

29 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:Hi SunSetCity,

Use coupon code MEMDAY2017 in iZotope's shop, and it should give you 30% off - which is a massive savings IMHO. I got Neutron Advanced for just $258.96 (which is over $100 USD off).
Hi EnochLight,

oh, that's cool. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Maybe I should use social media more often... :)

30 % off is absolutely awesome! The iZotopes have one new VST customer more now. Thanks again!

Cheers
SunSet

teddymcw

29 May 2017

Affiliate linking I presume.

Interesting to see that they don't have Sonic Charge's stuff here initially. I wish they would, for symbolic sake if nothing else.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

teddymcw wrote:
Affiliate linking I presume.

Interesting to see that they don't have Sonic Charge's stuff here initially. I wish they would, for symbolic sake if nothing else.
I read in another thread that all of your vst serial numbers will be store in your account though.

kefkekeyser

29 May 2017

If I buy a vst from the Props Shop, will it also work in other DAWs or is it linked to my Reason account?

WongoTheSane

29 May 2017

kefkekeyser wrote:If I buy a vst from the Props Shop, will it also work in other DAWs or is it linked to my Reason account?
It will work with other DAWs.

EnochLight

29 May 2017

kefkekeyser wrote:If I buy a vst from the Props Shop, will it also work in other DAWs or is it linked to my Reason account?
VST will always work in any DAW that supports them.

Faastwalker

29 May 2017

No, can't afford any of them! Well, maybe one or two but I'd still take RE over them where possible ;)
Last edited by Faastwalker on 29 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Oquasec

29 May 2017

There's so many cheapass RE that outdoes top dollar vsts in prop's shop as well as the overkill expanse/parsec combo I knew I had to get asap :]
Look at the price of some of those vsts in the vst area btw.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Jmax

30 May 2017

To make money of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miscend

30 May 2017

Kombucha wrote:Strange that you can't go ahead with the purchase of VST via the shop if you don't have a compatible Reason version.

And its really dumb that at the top of the page for each product they don;t make it clear that its a VST or an RE. There's nowhere that states what it is when you navigate to a new product page.
That's a Huge oversight

tumar

30 May 2017

Izotope and Waves are almost constantly on sale. Especially latter, try sweetwater or dontcrack.com deals. If you have Focusrite audio interface, watch their site: each month they give free plugin, they gave Izotope DDLY for free. I got free D16 Syntorus this way ;)

• Information