Waves Gold Bundle

Discuss VST stuff here!
FrankJaeger

31 Dec 2017

Does anyone have this bundle? Is it worth the price of admission?
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

clone

31 Dec 2017

FrankJaeger wrote:
31 Dec 2017
Does anyone have this bundle? Is it worth the price of admission?
I think it's well worth the price, I bought it for that same amount weeks after reason plug in upgrade. Still learning how to use most them.
This bundle has great Hybrid compressors and delay, C1 C4 comps, Dopplers, Doublers, L1 Limiters, Metaflangers, Trureverbs, Vcomps, Veq's and tons of GTR stomps, probably won't ever use those.

SO yeah go for IT!!

jayhosking

01 Jan 2018

I've had it for many, many years. C4, Q10, and RComp are fantastic; RComp in particular is a gem that really hasn't been replicated in RE form, so I was overjoyed when Reason introduced VST support. Not sure the bundle is worth it for me these days, but those three plug-ins are still getting regular use by me.

strangers
Competition Winner

01 Jan 2018

Really depends on your needs. Most of the stuff is a different flavor of what you can already achieve within Reason. I was tempted to buy it during the current sale until I sat back and picked apart what I'd have a use for vs what I'd rarely, if ever, use. For me, it wasn't worth it. There's a few Waves VST I wouldn't mind snagging for the sake of simplicity and convenience, but I'd be better off buying those few individually.

What is it about the bundle that's pulling you in?

FrankJaeger

01 Jan 2018

clone wrote:
31 Dec 2017

I think it's well worth the price, I bought it for that same amount weeks after reason plug in upgrade. Still learning how to use most them.
This bundle has great Hybrid compressors and delay, C1 C4 comps, Dopplers, Doublers, L1 Limiters, Metaflangers, Trureverbs, Vcomps, Veq's and tons of GTR stomps, probably won't ever use those.

SO yeah go for IT!!
Cool. I might just do it! :puf_bigsmile:
jayhosking wrote:
01 Jan 2018
I've had it for many, many years. C4, Q10, and RComp are fantastic; RComp in particular is a gem that really hasn't been replicated in RE form, so I was overjoyed when Reason introduced VST support. Not sure the bundle is worth it for me these days, but those three plug-ins are still getting regular use by me.
I was looking at exactly what you named in the package. Plus the delays, L1 Maximizer and the two reverbs.
strangers wrote:
01 Jan 2018
Really depends on your needs. Most of the stuff is a different flavor of what you can already achieve within Reason. I was tempted to buy it during the current sale until I sat back and picked apart what I'd have a use for vs what I'd rarely, if ever, use. For me, it wasn't worth it. There's a few Waves VST I wouldn't mind snagging for the sake of simplicity and convenience, but I'd be better off buying those few individually.

What is it about the bundle that's pulling you in?
See above for the content I'm looking for. But I'm just tired of the M-Class mixing tools to be honest. I want, as you so eloquently put it, a different flavor. There are some things in the bundle like the doppler that I have never even heard of. Doesn't mean that I won't love it once I learn what it is and how to use it though. :lol:
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

• Information