SONIVOX TWIST

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

31 Aug 2018

Its atually for 2 bucks and allows to upgrade to a bigger bundle quite cheap, which i am not realy interested in. Any comments on TWIST?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 1849-Twist
Reason12, Win10

Loque

01 Sep 2018

Reason12, Win10

Libraquaricorn

01 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
01 Sep 2018
Nobody?
Or the other instruments?
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... on-Upgrade
I recently bought the Orchestral Companion instrumets, in a bundle called Sonivox Film Score Companion, while looking for a decent alternative to the very limited SAM and Stringwerk RE's offered for Reason. The Orchestral Companion intruments are quite good, and fill my need for orchestral stuff in a very satisfactory way. The deal you have found here would have saved me another 10 bucks from what I payed to Audiodeluxe, so I would say that this has an almost insane value. But I would get this deal for the Orchestral Companions and since I already own those, I'm not interested. The neat thing with Sonivox is that you can download only the instruments you want to use, and still own the rest for use later if your needs change.

Loque

01 Sep 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
01 Sep 2018
Loque wrote:
01 Sep 2018
Nobody?
Or the other instruments?
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... on-Upgrade
I recently bought the Orchestral Companion instrumets, in a bundle called Sonivox Film Score Companion, while looking for a decent alternative to the very limited SAM and Stringwerk RE's offered for Reason. The Orchestral Companion intruments are quite good, and fill my need for orchestral stuff in a very satisfactory way. The deal you have found here would have saved me another 10 bucks from what I payed to Audiodeluxe, so I would say that this has an almost insane value. But I would get this deal for the Orchestral Companions and since I already own those, I'm not interested. The neat thing with Sonivox is that you can download only the instruments you want to use, and still own the rest for use later if your needs change.
Ok. Thanks.
Reason12, Win10

ltbrunt00

02 Sep 2018

I use Sonivox's Brass and String VST. They do sound nicer than the normal low end string and brass VST or RE instruments of this type.

My only gripe is with no effects applied the samples have to much reverb on them. Would have liked if they were recorded dry.
I do use them. You can get most of their devices on sale for $9.99 during the Thanksgiving and Christmas sales.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Lizard

03 Sep 2018

Twist is OK IMO. Nothing special though. It is a FM sounding synth that has about 220 or so presets. I find them about 50% hit or miss. Half I could use the other half fun to listen to but never use. It is unlikely anyone would want to take the time to be proficient at programming this thing so as a result most would end up using it as a preset device. Which for $2..... is a pretty good deal I think. I've bought less for more. Plus as said, having one of sonivox's instruments always seems to secure a cheaper future upgrade should you want to.

Loque

04 Sep 2018

Lizard wrote:
03 Sep 2018
Twist is OK IMO. Nothing special though. It is a FM sounding synth that has about 220 or so presets. I find them about 50% hit or miss. Half I could use the other half fun to listen to but never use. It is unlikely anyone would want to take the time to be proficient at programming this thing so as a result most would end up using it as a preset device. Which for $2..... is a pretty good deal I think. I've bought less for more. Plus as said, having one of sonivox's instruments always seems to secure a cheaper future upgrade should you want to.
Exactly this ^^^^^^

Bought it. Its bad or to be more precise not programmable. The pattern stuff...well, if someone likes it...but this is not sound programming. The presets are interesting...can be good for some fx, ambient stuff or food for Grain. But my impression is, if a Company wants as the original price of 99 for this, i avoid this company and invest somewhere else next time.
Reason12, Win10

davidicus

28 Dec 2018

did anyone have trouble with Reason (9) and SONiVOX Orchestral Companions? can't seem to get Brass to show up. i've confirmed the VSTs are where Reason expects them, have reinstalled, restarted, rebooted. iLOK indicates it's activated. Twist shows up fine, but Brass refuses.

Loque

28 Dec 2018

davidicus wrote:
28 Dec 2018
did anyone have trouble with Reason (9) and SONiVOX Orchestral Companions? can't seem to get Brass to show up. i've confirmed the VSTs are where Reason expects them, have reinstalled, restarted, rebooted. iLOK indicates it's activated. Twist shows up fine, but Brass refuses.
Check the Plugin Manager from the Windows menu in Reason. Maybe they crashed the first time and you need to re-enable them.
Reason12, Win10

MDTerps2015

29 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
31 Aug 2018
Its atually for 2 bucks and allows to upgrade to a bigger bundle quite cheap, which i am not realy interested in. Any comments on TWIST?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 1849-Twist
I had it before and didn't like. Not flexible enough. I do have all three Sonivox big orchestral synths or romps. Woodwinds, Orchestra, and Brass and they are decent.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

• Information