Has anyone else got Phonec 2 vst in this forum ?

Discuss VST stuff here!
sleep1979

23 Apr 2019

i was wondering if anyone has tried to make sounds with it ?
its such a good synth for me has that sound that i exactly want from a synth
i have started making around 20 patches for it so far ( i'm learning as i go along )
who else has it ?
do you use stock presets ? have you purchased the unfinished presets or blortblort or do you make your own
cheers

eusti

23 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
23 Apr 2019
i have started making around 20 patches for it so far ( i'm learning as i go along )
who else has it ?
do you use stock presets ? have you purchased the unfinished presets or blortblort or do you make your own
cheers
I have Phonec2 and the Bass extension. No other sound sets yet. Bought it very recently. Has its own kind of charm / sound... Will need to experiment more to tease out what I can do with it when programming.
What are your experiences so far?

D.

sleep1979

23 Apr 2019

eusti wrote:
23 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
23 Apr 2019
who else has it ?
cheers
I have Phonec2 and the Bass extension. No other sound sets yet. Bought it very recently. Has its own kind of charm / sound... Will need to experiment more to tease out what I can do with it when programming.
What are your experiences so far?

D.
I didnt get the bass extension as i like more keys and pads , i may get the unfinished packs in the near future .

my experience is i really like it its easy to create the types of simple synth leads i like , I'm not the greatest at making them though just yet.
But i made around 20 and i like quite a few of them though so far , i just think this is the synth for me tbh ,

I'm experimenting with making big warm pads , have you made any patches?

eusti

23 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
23 Apr 2019
I didnt get the bass extension as i like more keys and pads , i may get the unfinished packs in the near future .

my experience is i really like it its easy to create the types of simple synth leads i like , I'm not the greatest at making them though just yet.
But i made around 20 and i like quite a few of them though so far , i just think this is the synth for me tbh ,

Haven't really made any patches yet... Just messed with some of the ones that are supplied in those soundbanks...
Will report back when I got something! ;)

D.

PeZiK

23 Apr 2019

Yes, I bought it over a year ago, a very nice unique synth - instant Boards of Canada sound.

I also bought the Bass extension and the Echomelt which is a really nice FX for other synths/sound to shoot them straight in to the 80's sounding. A must have if you're doing Synthwave music. The Echomelt is built in Phonec2 and I think that's the magic behind of that unique sound.

I haven't been doing any patches for it, I just tweak the built in patches...shame on me ;)

P.

sleep1979

24 Apr 2019

PeZiK wrote:
23 Apr 2019
Yes, I bought it over a year ago, a very nice unique synth - instant Boards of Canada sound.

I also bought the Bass extension and the Echomelt which is a really nice FX for other synths/sound to shoot them straight in to the 80's sounding. A must have if you're doing Synthwave music. The Echomelt is built in Phonec2 and I think that's the magic behind of that unique sound.

I haven't been doing any patches for it, I just tweak the built in patches...shame on me ;)

P.
Oh yeah i was going to get echo melt but u can use phonec 2 also as an insert effect on other vst , so i do that , as in has an audii in .

echomelt is a bit better with that job i guess but phonec does the job i need ie “ puts melt on other instruments plus u can use the chorus delay and eq.

i only made patches myself , because I’m not a fan of the keys and pads that come with the built in soundbank had the synth about a month , I'm buying a puppy next week a pug tzu otherwise i would have got one of the unfinished sound banks by now lol “puppys cleaning me out lol for a few weeks ill be eating rice 😂😂in a couple weeks ill get the phonec prospher packs maybe .
But i just dont know why theres not more soundpacks out there for this synth .

Ps theres no shame on you not
Making patches , ive only started lately making some for phonec and thor , and it is distracting me from making my songs , so think i’mgonna stop around 50 patches and just tweak them over time as a personal sound-bank . It is easy with both these synths ,

qn5

25 Apr 2019

I've used it on a few projects already. Love the warped sound of it.

Since there's a few users here, maybe we can create a collective preset pack? That would be awesome.

Cheers.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

sleep1979

25 Apr 2019

qn5 wrote:
25 Apr 2019

Since there's a few users here, maybe we can create a collective preset pack? That would be awesome.

Cheers.
Yeah i said that to eusti , i dont know if mine are good enough though , but still i can try ? Ive emailed jack the creator as well waiting to hear back , im in love with this synth

sleep1979

25 Apr 2019

PeZiK wrote:
23 Apr 2019

P.
you wanna try making some aswell ? maybe we could all try , then someone could tweak them and choose the best ? ive emailed jack the creator awell

qn5

25 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
25 Apr 2019
qn5 wrote:
25 Apr 2019

Cheers.
Yeah i said that to eusti , i dont know if mine are good enough though , but still i can try ? Ive emailed jack the creator as well waiting to hear back , im in love with this synth
I'm down.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

sleep1979

25 Apr 2019

qn5 wrote:
25 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
25 Apr 2019

I'm down.
messaged u

reddust

26 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
23 Apr 2019

Seeing the kind of sound you like I think you might like Cypher as well. Very good synth for pads and very versatile too:
https://www.fxpansion.com/products/cypher2/

Another one I like for that kind of sounds is ROLI Equator, but I think you can only use it if you own a ROLI Seaboard
https://roli.com/products/software/equator-synth

sleep1979

26 Apr 2019

reddust wrote:
26 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
23 Apr 2019

Seeing the kind of sound you like I think you might like Cypher as well. Very good synth for pads and very versatile too:

Another one I like for that kind of sounds is ROLI Equator, but I think you can only use it if you own a ROLI Seaboard
thanks man , but I don't wanna spend any more money atm until I start getting somewhere with my ep , there's something about only having a few synths which makes you really learn them inside out you know and phonec and thor are becoming my buddy synths , dabbling with Europa a bit I just like that out of tune slightly sound and its so easy to achieve on this , cheers anyway bud :-)

reddust

26 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
26 Apr 2019
reddust wrote:
26 Apr 2019

thanks man , but I don't wanna spend any more money atm until I start getting somewhere with my ep , there's something about only having a few synths which makes you really learn them inside out you know and phonec and thor are becoming my buddy synths , dabbling with Europa a bit I just like that out of tune slightly sound and its so easy to achieve on this , cheers anyway bud :-)
I can totally understand that, and I think it's a really good idea to concrentrat in just one synth you like to get the best out of it. Good luck with your EP by the way :)

sleep1979

26 Apr 2019

reddust wrote:
26 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
26 Apr 2019

I can totally understand that, and I think it's a really good idea to concrentrat in just one synth you like to get the best out of it. Good luck with your EP by the way :)
thanks man good luck in life in general :-)

• Information