Updating iLok question

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

I opened up iLok manager this evening to activate a license on my PC. Apparently there’s a newer version available and I was asked if I wanted to update. Should I remove all the licenses I’ve got before updating or is it fine just to click the button? No idea about iLok at all. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
10 Apr 2020
I've never had a problem updating iLok Manager.
So no need to deactivate any licenses first. Straight update?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

10 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
10 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
10 Apr 2020
I've never had a problem updating iLok Manager.
I think they'd have a major issue on their hands or a giant disclaimer if that were the case. Can you imagine?

No I've never deactivated my iLok licenses before updating iLok Manager. I think if you were wanting to wipe your computer and you were using machine activations you might want to deactivate those (just like Reason). But updating the iLok software...if they, whose sole focus is on license authorization and management, had software updates that break licenses, they'd be in the wrong business.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
10 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
10 Apr 2020

I think they'd have a major issue on their hands or a giant disclaimer if that were the case. Can you imagine?

No I've never deactivated my iLok licenses before updating iLok Manager. I think if you were wanting to wipe your computer and you were using machine activations you might want to deactivate those (just like Reason). But updating the iLok software...if they, whose sole focus is on license authorization and management, had software updates that break licenses, they'd be in the wrong business.
Weirder things have happened man. But thanks. Pushing the button now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

10 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
10 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
10 Apr 2020

You're free to take whatever precautions you want :) I've never been warned or prompted with anything when updating iLok Manager, and haven't had an issue.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
10 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
10 Apr 2020

You're free to take whatever precautions you want :) I've never been warned or prompted with anything when updating iLok Manager, and haven't had an issue.
Hahaha. I know Joey. You said that :). I believed you the first time :):):).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
10 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
10 Apr 2020

Hahaha. I know Joey. You said that :). I believed you the first time :):):).
Be "the Pusher Man", push that button :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

xboix

11 Apr 2020

The update went smoothly for me, although it does need a reboot which always makes me scowl. :D

danc

12 Apr 2020

xboix wrote:
11 Apr 2020
The update went smoothly for me, although it does need a reboot which always makes me scowl. :D
Update worked without any problems for me. Didn't need (nor was I asked) to restart Windows.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

Yeah...well I thought the update had gone fine but when I switched off my pc and went out to my car it wouldn’t start. What’s up with that iLok?!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

12 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Yeah...well I thought the update had gone fine but when I switched off my pc and went out to my car it wouldn’t start. What’s up with that iLok?!
worked for me but oh no... I have not checked my car :o
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information