DIVA users, What is the typical CPU load?

Discuss VST stuff here!
WarStar

20 Dec 2022

Just curious how heavy DIVA is on CPU. I'm debating on getting it during this holiday sale. Its definitely been on my to-buy list for awhile so thinking about pulling the trigger..

joeyluck

20 Dec 2022

I don't own it (I have the demo installed), but I never found it to be a real "diva" on the CPU. It's one of the hungrier of the u-he synths, but they make efficient stuff. It's nowhere near as CPU hungry as some other synth plugins out there.

You can download it and run it in demo mode. There's no time limit, just intermittent noise.

raymondh

21 Dec 2022

It depends on what patch is being played, but generally yes it's pretty DSP intensive.

There are settings that can change the load. A quality setting, and also multi-core switch. Both have significant impact.

But the great thing about VST's in Reason is the ability to turn off the VSTs when you've bounced the tracks to audio. So it's definitely workable.

Diva has been around for a while. It really is a great synth and has stood the test of time well. It's a good bread-n-butter analog emulation.
If you want a more characterful analog sound, check out their Repro synths which are equally amazing.

WarStar

21 Dec 2022

Thanks guys.. il definitely give it a trial

Galahad

24 Dec 2022

Built this PC about 7 years ago and I can load Diva and get some good stuff out of it but it 'is' the one synth I have to plan around because of how varied the patches can be on the CPU and whether I need to bounce to track to avoid that... more so than any other synth I have. I've seen similar restrictions in Phase Plant but let's face it; Phase Plant, by it's nature is unlimited as far as your CPU can take it. edit: Also Repro-5 can be taxing on the CPU when there is a lot going on at once. I don't see this as a bad thing.... I see it as a 'So You're gonna update your rig then? and the answer is Yes.. yes I am.

WarStar

25 Dec 2022

Galahad wrote:
24 Dec 2022
Built this PC about 7 years ago and I can load Diva and get some good stuff out of it but it 'is' the one synth I have to plan around because of how varied the patches can be on the CPU and whether I need to bounce to track to avoid that... more so than any other synth I have. I've seen similar restrictions in Phase Plant but let's face it; Phase Plant, by it's nature is unlimited as far as your CPU can take it. edit: Also Repro-5 can be taxing on the CPU when there is a lot going on at once. I don't see this as a bad thing.... I see it as a 'So You're gonna update your rig then? and the answer is Yes.. yes I am.
Thanks!! Might not be in the cards for me anyhow lol

• Information