W.A. Production InstaComposer 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
WaxTrax

07 Jul 2023

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/w-a-produ ... -off-58283

I bought IC1 a couple years ago when it was released. Though it has little use directly in Reason (outside of dragging and dropping the generated MIDI), I still think it's kind of a neat plugin. I have used it inside Logic as MIDI FX in combination with instruments in the RRP. It's very much like a Reason player device. Since it is capable of generating MIDI across multiple channels, it's easy enough to set up one MIDI track in your DAW for IC, and then use it as the input for other software instruments (or in combination with the RRP).

$33 USD until August, or $10 USD upgrade from v1. Since I bought v1, I thought it was worth the $10 upgrade :-)

Maybe one day we'll get full VST3 MIDI support in Reason.

DaveyG

07 Jul 2023

If you like IC2 have you tried scaler 2?

WaxTrax

07 Jul 2023

Not yet, I'll have to check it out :-) Thanks!

DaveyG

07 Jul 2023

With Scaler 2 you still have to drag and drop in Reason because of RS's inexplicable refusal to support VSTs that generate MIDI but it has loads of built-in sounds so you can use it as an instrument to work things out. Where it wins is in the extensive performances section. Find a good chord progression then experiment with the performances tab and it's like you've got the world's most experienced session musicians sitting next to you, suggesting endless ways to work with those chords.

If I'd had it 30 years ago I'd be a millionaire but only if, erm, no one else had it...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2023

You might like this, I use Instacomposer to control RE's directly (works with any VST the outputs midi like Scaler 2 etc.)..

• Information