Guitar Rig for non-guitarists?

Discuss VST stuff here!
michael.jaye

31 Jul 2023

Having only just started to play guitar again I've been cheking out Guitar Rig which came my Komplete purchase years ago. It has a great suite of fx, and while I realised my fx chain when playing guitar will be rather simple, I've been running kick drums and percussion and synths through it and it sounds great. Maybe because it has 'guitar' in the name but I'd never though to use it before.

Any one else using Guitar Rig as fx for non-guitar parts?

WaxTrax

31 Jul 2023

I used it all the time for non-guitar parts. Lots of creative things you can do with it.

selig
RE Developer

01 Aug 2023

There’s a whole world of “guitar” effects waiting to be explored by synths and drums etc. If you have hardware (amps/pedals/etc) things can be just as fun with the added world of mic’ing things in interesting ways! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

michael.jaye

01 Aug 2023

selig wrote:
01 Aug 2023
There’s a whole world of “guitar” effects waiting to be explored by synths and drums etc. If you have hardware (amps/pedals/etc) things can be just as fun with the added world of mic’ing things in interesting ways! :)
The weird thing is when I started out over 25 years ago I did indeed use guitar pedals on keyboards and stuff. I think it's the 'catogorization' of stuff in a DAW that helped me overlook this option. Or maybe just set-in-my-ways!

• Information