Hello ! need a bit of help

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Shiva666

07 Mar 2016

Hi guys,

I have a track that is in Bflat.. and a sample that is on D.. ( the sample is a nature sound that i want to incorporate into the beginning of my song)

1. what is the way to bring down the note from D to Bflat?

2. I need to fade in the sample start and fade out the end... is there a better way to do it on track layout alone?

Thanks!

Kenni
Site Admin

07 Mar 2016

If you don't care about the change of duration (basically just slowing down your file), you can load the sample into an NN19/XT, and just alter it with the Semi-tone knob.

I'd go the external route though for the best results. This includes Melodyne, Pro Tools (free) or another DAW or tool that can transpose an audio file while maintaining original duration.

As for the fades go, yes, personally. Those fades are best done on the track itself. You can make then as short or as long as you want by disabling Snap to grid (press S).
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

normen

07 Mar 2016

As for 1)

As for 2)
Last edited by normen on 07 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Kenni
Site Admin

07 Mar 2016

normen wrote:As for 1)

As for 2)
Haha, or that. :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

ZombieFightsShark

07 Mar 2016

You can make it into a Rex file and pitch it up or down as needed.

Chizmata

07 Mar 2016

or send it through the bv512 or neptune and alter the shift (formant) setting if you dont wanna lose the tempo

Shiva666

07 Mar 2016

Kenni wrote:If you don't care about the change of duration (basically just slowing down your file), you can load the sample into an NN19/XT, and just alter it with the Semi-tone knob.

I'd go the external route though for the best results. This includes Melodyne, Pro Tools (free) or another DAW or tool that can transpose an audio file while maintaining original duration.

As for the fades go, yes, personally. Those fades are best done on the track itself. You can make then as short or as long as you want by disabling Snap to grid (press S).
Thanks Kenni. I also use logic pro x.. and in doing fades, it is much simpler there.. just go to the track and drag a line to fade in or out..... As for the NNXT , yes definitely I will try that. I am doing my own punk stuff right now, and I find that little effort is needed to understand the recording process in Reason.. however, it can totally screw up the motivation to record if things go wrong or could not find a solution to it.

Shiva666

07 Mar 2016

normen wrote:As for 1)

As for 2)
Hi Normen,

I got the first part.. the second one, how do you get the control line in the middle, it is a bit like Logic,which i like!

Loque

07 Mar 2016

Double click ftw!
Reason12, Win10

normen

08 Mar 2016

Shiva666 wrote: Hi Normen,

I got the first part.. the second one, how do you get the control line in the middle, it is a bit like Logic,which i like!
Just click on the part once to select it and move the little white dot on the side. You can also set the fade via numbers in the top bar where the transpose is.

selig
RE Developer

08 Mar 2016

normen wrote:
Shiva666 wrote: Hi Normen,

Just click on the part once to select it and move the little white dot on the side. You can also set the fade via numbers in the top bar where the transpose is.
That last part, the inspector bar, should be in EVERY DAW IMO - I always look for it in Logic or Pro Tools (just like hitting Tab and wanting to patch a plugin…). :(
Selig Audio, LLC

Shiva666

09 Mar 2016

Hi Selig,

Yup.. that is something Reason should consider... an easy drag and pull for fades

normen

09 Mar 2016

Shiva666 wrote:Hi Selig,

Yup.. that is something Reason should consider... an easy drag and pull for fades
Huh? Thats what I just described above. Reason does have that.

selig
RE Developer

09 Mar 2016

Wait, what?
Reason has had drag and pull for fades since it's had audio - maybe we're confusing terms here?

In Reason you have MULTIPLE ways to adjust items in the timeline, which I love. You can click on a clip and create fade ins/outs or adjust clip gain by simply dragging, OR you can do the same thing via the inspector by scrolling the value or even typing in a direct value. You can also select multiple clips and add fades all at once by any of the three methods mentioned.

In other apps like Logic and PT, you only have the one option IIRC (and apologies if I'm overlooking something here), making Reason a much better user experience in this regard for me.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

09 Mar 2016

selig wrote:

Wait, what?
Reason has had drag and pull for fades since it's had audio - maybe I'm confusing terms here?

In Reason you have MULTIPLE ways to adjust items in the timeline, which I love. You can click on a clip and create fade ins/outs or adjust clip gain by simply dragging, OR you can do the same thing via the inspector by scrolling the value or even typing in a direct value. You can also select multiple clips and add fades all at once by any of the three methods mentioned.

In other apps like Logic and PT, you only have the one option IIRC (and apologies if I'm overlooking something here), making Reason a much better user experience in this regard for me.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Shiva666

13 Mar 2016

Selig,

I will check it out again.

Shiva666

15 Mar 2016

Hi Selig & Normen,

Is there a youtube video on this ?

Thanks!

• Information