Detaching/reattaching cords in the rack in bulk

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
MitchClark89

10 Aug 2016

Hi all,

another annoying question from me :oops:

Is there a way to select all patch cords on a device in the rack, for example a kong with 16 outs to audio tracks, and reattach them to another device (another kong) ?

I have created a drum pattern in a kong with just the usual L R out to SSL but what i now want to do is wire that kong up so that each sample has its own audio track out. it would have been much better to have done this at the start of project but i am learning new things every day and didnt know about this until recently. i have a kong patch where this is all already set up but i dont know of an easy way to just 'swap' the kong over so that the samples and clip automation will swap to the kong patch that is already wired up as desired.

is there a way to select all patch cords from one kong and just drag them up/down to the existing kong?

thanks for patience with my questions

mitch

dioxide

11 Aug 2016

The way I'd do this is to duplicate the wired Kong and Mixer channels. Then copy patch from the other Kong and paste the patch onto the duplicated version. Voila, you've just saved yourself all the patching and automation is retained.

Loque

11 Aug 2016

Put the pattern to a midi track with any Player device by attaching a Player to Kong, mark your loop in the sequencer, turn Player off on the rack and press "pattern to track". Than go to the sequencer, select the notes you want separated and select from menu "extract to new lane". If you still want now separated tracks, you can now move a lane to another track.

Would be nice if the Player can separate each instrument directly to separated lanes...
Reason12, Win10

• Information