The Term "EQ Matching"

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Faxxer

01 Sep 2016

Hello friends,

I did a search for EQ matching but didn't really get a result I thought met this idea.

I've been reading on a couple sites about this term EQ Matching and how it's a trick to get 'that perfect guitar sound to match some other song, etc..."

Well they all use Ozone 6 EQ which has this cool little built in utility to accomplish this...and from the video I saw it was noticeably impressive in the results.

Is there a way in REASON to do such a trick?

Is there an RE that does this?

Just curious, I'm not a super expert mixing guy, but it's a nice idea to help mix based on what i've been able to learn about it so far.

Any input is appreciated, Thank you

Ike aka Faxxer

reference video....

pretty cool video!
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

8cros

01 Sep 2016

Do you know the device vocoder?
For example, the vocoder in which two different audio channels, a modulator and a carrier.
Not synthesizer vocoder. Not robot voice. More modern.

The Reason does have such a vocoder. It has two different audio inputs.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Faxxer

01 Sep 2016

Hello Bcros,

How would the process of this work?

Could you elaborate?
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

8cros

02 Sep 2016

Faxxer wrote:Hello Bcros,

How would the process of this work?

Could you elaborate?
Yes. The vocoder in FFT mode works very well with equalization.
To make the spectrum of the track excerpt you need to use a slow release, and the Hold button.
For stereo would be better to use two vocoders.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

tomba

04 Sep 2016

Easy...

Ochens Carve?
:reason: :re:

Loque

07 Sep 2016

tomba wrote:Easy...

Ochens Carve?
Does it also upscale the signal? If not, you need an inversion of the frequency spectrum.
Reason12, Win10

Faxxer

09 Sep 2016

That video I supplied shows how effective the results can be, but I still don't understand the 1,2,3 to do this in reason

Catblack

15 Dec 2016

Get Spektrum. Set the falloff rate really high, so it doesn't update too often. Set a Spektrum to both audio sources and eq the one. It won't be automatic, but it's the best you can do in Reason, for now.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

NekujaK

15 Dec 2016

I was looking for a way to do this in Reason, but could not find one.

Outside of Reason, I frequently use EQ matching for mastering and it works great. I'm not a mastering engineer and EQ has always been the most challenging part of the process for me. EQ matching enables me to easily align the overall frequency profile of my finished track to any professionally mastered track, and I can still tweak as necessary. I'm blown away at how well this works.

I tried the EQ matching in Ozone and was rather underwhelmed, but then I stumbled on a VST by Voxengo called Curve EQ (http://www.voxengo.com/product/curveeq/) which works great for me. If this capability existed in Reason, I could finally completely let go of Reaper.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information