Reason stereo imaging methods

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2016

This is a thread for sharing methods and patches for, and discussing stereo imaging.

Will share my haas pan combi when I get home.
Last edited by avasopht on 03 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

MycelialCords

03 Sep 2016

The basic technique would be to copy the signal, pan it left and right as well as to apply a short delay to either one.

I personally prefer to make few copies of the same signal and apply the same Scream 4 patch to them. Then pan them however you like while changing some values slightly. What I like about this technique that it allows for clever automation to further play with the imaging over the song.

If you're using Thor you can make it stereo by routing filter 1 and filter 2 to filter 3 bypassing amp section. Then pick oscillators and route the to filter 1 and 2 respectively. It's even explained at the back of Thor.

The last thing from the top of my mind is reverb. Similar to the first trick by gives more depth and can lend some nice results. Simply, copy the signal, pan it left and right then apply the same reverb patch to each. Changing Dry/Wet, Decay etc. will make it appear wider.
Mycelial Cords - It's Worth It (Alternative Hip Hop)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7503003

8cros

04 Sep 2016

Very interesting. I really like the Haas effect.
As pseudo stereo these effects are illusion.
If we hear the left and right channels separately, we will not find differences.
Unlike HRTF, even when in one channel we hear a space.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

tomba

04 Sep 2016

Ive recently made a set combinator which focuses on band separation and then that band separation has stereo widening for each band. It then has the ability to be eq'd separately per the 3 bands. So say for example if you take out the high and the mid you have the low which is ALL sub stuff that way i can control rumble and have any low pretty much as a mono.
:reason: :re:

• Information