Ableton Live (lite) and Reason question

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
K1TTENM1TTEN

17 Sep 2016

Ahoy there! So I understand that I am now part of the "Dark Side" using things other than Reason, but I wanted to branch out and try something new. So here is my question -

I want to route a VST (let's say Omnisphere) from Ableton Live into one of my effects that I have in Reason (let's say TSAR-1). Is this possible, and if so, how does one achieve such glory?

rexbrewer

19 Sep 2016

Hey

I use both as well, and as far as my personal knowledge you cannot do this as Ableton only accepts Audio into Reason not vice versa so you can't slap a TSAR reverb on a send channel or something and send an ableton track to that send channel in Reason. Hope that makes sense.

QVprod

19 Sep 2016

No such thing as a darkside. People unwilling to use multiple DAWs only limit themselves (for better or worse).

If you start Reason first or disable rewire in Ableton (someone posted how to do this somewhere on here) you can route sounds in either direction. Thing is, you'd have to do it via some type of loopback. The tutorials about routing VSTs into Reason cover how to do that.

• Information