Dr. Octorex question

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Kaosis

15 Feb 2017

Is there a way change the start and end point of a rex loop. Like what slice to start and end at?

Olivier

15 Feb 2017

No, not in Dr Octorex.
There is in NurseRex (Kong).

There is an easy way to get this effect through automating the pattern select buttons. You can then draw in clips that start a certain loop. If you look at the clips, you can see they contain markers to indicate the length of the contained audio. Basically marking begin and end.

If you then decrease the size of the clip, the octorex will not play that part of the loop.
octorex.gif
octorex.gif (212.53 KiB) Viewed 790 times
You don't have too precise with getting the start of the loop match exactly with the slice marker. Once you click and drag the start of the loop (do no use "Position" in the inspector as that moves the entire clip) beyond a slice marker, the entire slice will be skipped.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Kaosis

15 Feb 2017

Yeah, been using the pattern lane. I didn't think I had overlooked it, would be nice to load up a loop and duplicate it throughout the patterns then chop it down accordingly to break up the loop and reorder on the fly.

Thanks anyways.

MAL9000

16 Feb 2017

You could try Chunk Trig in the Nurse Rex in Kong and trigger the chunks of the same break from different pads?

• Information