Spire tutorial

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
scratchnsnifff

20 May 2017

made a sounds from scratch spire tutorial, mainly to show the matrix window because i noticed a lot of confusion regarding the subject :) hope you all like it

patch download in description, copy and paste link for it to go to my drive :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Puckboy2000

20 May 2017

:D Thanks!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

olive6741

21 May 2017

Thanks! You give great ideas to get round from the lack of cv in. We should always get this in mind: "use a combinator." :) . And though I think it should (and hope it will be ) fixed, at 59€/$, it is a good synth for sure... Tweaking the different wave modifiers and the different filter types with shaper too, one can obtain very 'organic' sounds. The width of sounds we can obtain is huge IMHO. I really enjoy it already.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

scratchnsnifff

21 May 2017

glad you all seem to like it! haha i figured it would be helpful, i was getting tired of seeing people get upset with spire because its awesome!!!! (at its current alpha/beta state) you just need to know what kinks it has, and anything that becomes a problem just simply work around it! i suppose its about working with what is there/what works to make the best of it after all it is unfinished :) which means when it is finished, it will be such a heavy work station!!!

WongoTheSane

21 May 2017

Excellent, I didn't know you could mute the oscs that way :)

alex

21 May 2017

Well done Andrei! :)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

alex

21 May 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:Excellent, I didn't know you could mute the oscs that way :)
Yeah, very cool Indeed! :)
And also worth to mention, taken from the manual:
Oscillator Knob values between 1 - 30 (as indicated by a yellow LED light) add the oscillator into the rendering but pass no sound. This is useful when you only want to use an oscillator as a modulator.
;)

scratchnsnifff

21 May 2017

alex wrote:Well done Andrei! :)
much appreciated! haha i was going to do the cross mod trick, but i got CARRIED away ( a FM joke xD) hahaha how have i never thought of that I'm wondering what my next spire video should be, maybe something dealing with a lead/sequence because spire seems to be well known for its equivalent to massive's performer aka spire's stepper
:puf_bigsmile:

WongoTheSane

21 May 2017

alex wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:Excellent, I didn't know you could mute the oscs that way :)
Yeah, very cool Indeed! :)
And also worth to mention, taken from the manual:
Oscillator Knob values between 1 - 30 (as indicated by a yellow LED light) add the oscillator into the rendering but pass no sound. This is useful when you only want to use an oscillator as a modulator.
;)
OK, that's it, no more procrastinating, I'm reading the manual. Tonight. :D

alex

21 May 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote: much appreciated! haha i was going to do the cross mod trick, but i got CARRIED away ( a FM joke xD) hahaha how have i never thought of that I'm wondering what my next spire video should be, maybe something dealing with a lead/sequence because spire seems to be well known for its equivalent to massive's performer aka spire's stepper
You can still make a ReSpire video where you explore the oscillator cross modulation feature a bit, why not?
As far as I can tell there aren't many video out there about that topic! ;)

PS: nice one about the FM joke! :lol:

scratchnsnifff

21 May 2017

alex wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote: much appreciated! haha i was going to do the cross mod trick, but i got CARRIED away ( a FM joke xD) hahaha how have i never thought of that I'm wondering what my next spire video should be, maybe something dealing with a lead/sequence because spire seems to be well known for its equivalent to massive's performer aka spire's stepper
You can still make a ReSpire video where you explore the oscillator cross modulation feature a bit, why not?
As far as I can tell there aren't many video out there about that topic! ;)

PS: nice one about the FM joke! :lol:

haha that indeed will be my next subject, its crazy how there are so few sound design videos with spire, there are a few good ones but a lot of them are just talking about how spire is setup? but if you youtube search serum or massive, there will be 100000000000000000 and 42 sound design videos!

• Information