THEMES!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

07 Sep 2015

Hi All!

There are many features I would like to see in Reason (I have about 30 if you include completing the midi editing features which is 15 or more features on it's own) then Reason is done for me, but one I thought of a few months ago was, THEMES!

Anybody else with me here?

As in Themes, I mean like in Windows or on a Phone, different colour themes or styles, so you can have a different sequencer screen colour and overall theme for Reason.

Some I thought of include:-

BURGUNDY
CALIFORNIA SUNRISE
CAMOUFLAGE GREEN
DARK BLUE
DEEP PURPLE
GRAPHITE
JET BLACK
MAGENTA
ORIGINAL
SKY BLUE

So there's 10 pretty cool ones! 'Original' being what it is at the moment. I know some are not in the colour list on Reason at present, like JET BLACK or CALIFORNIA SUNRISE but thought it'd be good to have 2 or 3 unique ones. JET BLACK for instance would be a cool black sequencer for instance. I have seen this on Ableton and Logic and they look very cool in black. I don't know how this would work as regards the current colours of audio / midi clips etc, how some colours would look against a new sequencer background but I'm sure there'd be some work around.

I would also like to see a Colour Preference Box in the Preferences too. So you select your favourite 10 colours and then when you open you first track, it defaults to colour pref no.1, then 2 and so on. And after the 10, you must check one of two boxes - Repeat or Random. So after the 10 it then repeats your fave 10 or then goes back to how it is now, which I presume is random.

I would also like them to complete the colour pallet like Ableton or on MS Paint.

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks!
Last edited by Creativemind on 12 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Namahs Amrak

07 Sep 2015

Apart from a scalable brightness on the sequencer window, I feel that themes are a very low priority and would add no value to Reason (for me)
My Words are my ART

Creativemind

07 Sep 2015

Oh no, not really important. There's another, as I say, 30 features that come before that, but would be very cool.

Scalable brightness sounds good. What kind of scale?

Namahs Amrak

07 Sep 2015

Light to dark. I work in low light and find the sequencer to be awfully illuminated. This has been brought up by many users who also enjoy working in low light studio conditions
My Words are my ART

Mmj85

07 Sep 2015

[quote="Creativemind"]Hi All!

As in Themes, I mean like in Windows or on a Phone, different colour themes or styles, so you can have a different sequencer screen colour and overall theme for Reason.

I always wanted to have the ability to change the style of how Reason Looks. Similar to the Color Skin options that they offered with Rebirth... Ether to help when working in dark setting studios or just to be able to give Reason options, optional themes are a great idea and i hope they consider this soon. To be honest i am getting a little tired of seeing the wooden style rack look. I would like to see more like a modern style rack skin like a Metal skin or Carbon fiber skin maybe ;) a few options are welcome to start this ball rolling! I Love Reason and i have invested plenty of money on this company. They have dilivered great options with their Rack Extension and now its time to give us visual options. Lets make Reason Look More Awesome for us guys@ PH

PS: Many PH customers were very happy to see some more mixer ch colors. As you have notices the power of visual options can do. PH, consider giving us more Skins/Themes for Reason for the coming up Version 9. As always, customers are always right my friends.

Creativemind

08 Sep 2015

Yeah they keep half doing things sometimes though. They add a spectrum eq but don't add opening 4 or more for comparison purposes. They say Reason 8 is all about workflow and with a dozen more midi editing features I can think of (and midi editing being one of the most crucial workflow things) what do they add - just lengthen/shorten notes from start. What about the other dozen midi editing features. Then they add more colours in 8.3 & only add a further 12 to 32. Why not just complete it? Don't know how many that would be 128 or 256?

yamguitar

13 Oct 2015

I agree that themes would be nice. My other DAW has switchable themes, and it makes a big difference when you're looking at a screen for hours upon hours. I sometimes like to pair the theme with the tone of the music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiZo

07 Jun 2016

how select theme, idk where is the option

craven

07 Jun 2016

DiZo wrote:how select theme, idk where is the option
themes are in Reason 9 (currently in public beta). You can find them in the lower section of the preferences menu. They require a restart of Reason to be activated.
:ugeek:

DiZo

07 Jun 2016

thank you Craven

earwig83

21 Jun 2016

__________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by earwig83 on 11 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

gak

23 Jun 2016

Again, I wouldn't go that far. I really like the the grey color scheme and I think that since that is where you "visually" look the most, it's better than not having it. But then I've passed on the original upgrade, so who am I to say.

Creativemind

25 Jun 2016

So someone brought this thread of mine back into existence haha!

Did propellerhead read this thread ages ago. No, I e-mailed them and asked for themes. You can all thank me!

TheGodOfRainbows

12 Sep 2016

Creativemind wrote:So someone brought this thread of mine back into existence haha!

Did propellerhead read this thread ages ago. No, I e-mailed them and asked for themes. You can all thank me!
Thanks! I usually reserve emails to Props only for major issues, which are rare. I don't want to fatigue them. But since you've contacted them, I will too, so they know more people want even more none more black, black. Jet Black theme asap.

PS - For me it's not as much about frivolous eye candy. Rather, it's about keeping the the amount of bright white light I stare into for hours every day to a minimum. Some people's eyes are more sensitive to this than others, so I think it gets disregarded as nothing more than a minor cosmetic preference option. It's always been more about soothing my sensitive eyes. BTW, I've calibrated my monitor settings every which way, and ultimately, the only thing that has made a major difference to me are those PC glasses (Gunnars) which I held off on buying for years because I didn't expect them to make so much of a difference, for me that is.

Creativemind

12 Sep 2016

Yeah more themes please Props!

EDIT - Sorry, I'd written a reply here which I deleted 'cause I thought it was a thread about themes (not this one) I was replying to from yesterday. This one I'd made I'd totally forgotten about.
Last edited by Creativemind on 12 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

12 Sep 2016

Namahs Amrak wrote:Apart from a scalable brightness on the sequencer window, I feel that themes are a very low priority and would add no value to Reason (for me)
Thinking about this more it occurred to me, isn't contrast / brightness something you would do on your monitor or a operating system thing more than a reason thing.

kuhliloach

12 Sep 2016

I agree we need more themes, user-designable themes, and the entire Reason UI should be skinnable by anyone.

This would take the weight off Propellerhead Software and allow enthusiasts to do the best possible job on the UI. At this time it doesn't seem Propellerhead Software has much of a grip on user interface design. I see Reason 9's bad GUI and weak browser system as the number 1 problem right now.

• Information