Get rid of the bright coloured clips!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
rexbrewer

21 Jul 2016

Is there a way to get rid of the bright coloured clips?????? I take it no but maybe someone somewhere knows some sort of wizardry to get rid of them. I am always dealing with yellow or bright whatever and have to change it each time when i deal with piano roll or editing of vocals.

orthodox
RE Developer

21 Jul 2016

You can only uncheck Options/Auto-color Tracks and Channels.

esselfortium

21 Jul 2016

They are an annoyance, definitely, but I think they would actually be just fine if Reason used a dark grid behind the brighter clip colors. That'd be the ideal solution IMO.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Creativemind

21 Jul 2016

Reason has some diabolical colours in my opinion and the unchecking the auto-colour tracks thing in the options just makes all tracks open with that horrid orangey colour. It's about time we had:-

a) a full colour pallet (256 colours)
b) The choice to choose your 10 favourite audio and 10 favourite midi colours in the preferences. With the option to 'repeat' or 'random' (as in back to random) option after you've used up your 10.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

philosurfer

22 Jul 2016

i just color code things specific to their bus.. I use the bright colors for the buses and move them to the far left of the mixer, so my P1 can control the faders in one 8 chan bank ;)

C//AZM

22 Jul 2016

Yes, I color my own too. I usually color my tracks based on the instrument color as a mnemonic so Kong gets the darks yellow and dull green closest to the look of the kong) but a preordained color preference based on instrument and audio would be nice. Also, it would be nice to automatically color a bus the same as the racks being bussed to them.

8cros

22 Jul 2016

New colors excess.
I only like the old colors.
They were are very psychoactive. IMHO. :mrgreen:
New colors I try to differentiate between.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Digitus

22 Jul 2016

I find it pretty annoying how Reason selects random colors because a lot of them are very obnoxious. As a result, I'm always constantly clicking to select a different color. Users should be able to select a default color of their own instead of that ugly orange. I'm very fond of powder blue.

Jagwah

22 Jul 2016

I have no problem with Reason's colour selection and I also LOVE that there are bright colours like neon violet as I use these to colour important clips. Also as the list is longer, I can easily colour code a bunch of clips quite quickly. People have been asking for more colours for as long as I can remember so I'm kinda surprised to see a bunch of disliking towards it, but I guess we all like what we like ;)

Creativemind

22 Jul 2016

Digitus wrote:I find it pretty annoying how Reason selects random colors because a lot of them are very obnoxious. As a result, I'm always constantly clicking to select a different color. Users should be able to select a default color of their own instead of that ugly orange. I'm very fond of powder blue.
Yes this is what I was referring to, the colours chosen are horrid half the time.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

plaamook

22 Jul 2016

I don't get why the default is orange. Used to be powder blue when auto colour was switched off. That was better. But what I tend to do is see the orange as temp. Once something is fixed on a track I change the colour.
Thing is lookng at the other colours there it could have been worse!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

rexbrewer

22 Jul 2016

Digitus wrote:I find it pretty annoying how Reason selects random colors because a lot of them are very obnoxious. As a result, I'm always constantly clicking to select a different color. Users should be able to select a default color of their own instead of that ugly orange. I'm very fond of powder blue.

Thats my exact problem. It's always a bright colour chosen and after working in front of a laptop for hours and my eyes are fatigued its annoying to change it every two seconds.

ejanuska

25 Jul 2016

I never said anything about the colors, I thought I was the only one who thought they were ugly, at least a lot of them are too much.
That Lime Green is hideous.
Should have called Pantone.

joeyluck

25 Jul 2016

Creativemind wrote: a) a full colour pallet (256 colours)
b) The choice to choose your 10 favourite audio and 10 favourite midi colours in the preferences. With the option to 'repeat' or 'random' (as in back to random) option after you've used up your 10.
I was fine with just the original colors. I think the first one by default was a blue and they differentiated plenty. I don't need every track to have an individual color; I just don't use the same color for channels next to each other.

So, it would be nice to be able to at least choose a starting color in the rotation.
Or as you say, be able to choose your favorites. Maybe up to 10 or as many as you want to select/deselect from a list.
Or maybe have an option to simply choose 'classic color palette' which would be the previous, simpler palette.

Maybe something like this?

• Information