It goes to eleven

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
swamptooth

29 Jul 2016

These are my top 11...

SSL Fader grouping
Track visibility
Track folders
Track templates
Step record
Midi multi clip editing
Nrpn support for external midi
Detachable browser
Browser metadata
Automation Curves
Timeline markers

AttenuationHz

05 Aug 2016

Ever?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Creativemind

05 Aug 2016

swamptooth wrote:These are my top 11...

SSL Fader grouping
Track visibility
Track folders
Track templates
Step record
Midi multi clip editing
Detachable browser
Browser metadata
Automation Curves
Timeline markers
Timeline Markers I've wanted for.....time ;)

I also hope (which knowing the props they'll implement the most basic functionality) they are stackable (at least 4 - this is so you can use them not just for labelling the parts of the song, Intro, Verse, Chorus, Build, Drop etc but also for use with analysing songs, i.e - where things come in and drop out. So with 4, you could mark/label 4 element changes at one time) and also hope they make them tab to-able. So if you want to quickly go to the chorus, click the marker bar and press tab however many times is necessary, tabbing from one marker to the other till you reach the chorus. One better could be, use the numbers on your keyboard to go to the marker number. So 2 would be the 2nd marker along (whatever that may be), 3 the third etc etc. That would limit it to 9, or use 0 for 10 perhaps, but still. Maybe shift 1 is 11, shift 2 is 12, then you get 20.

What's browser metadata?
What's track visibility?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

swamptooth

09 Aug 2016

AttenuationHz wrote:Ever?
right now...
and most of them ever...
:mrgreen:

swamptooth

09 Aug 2016

Creativemind wrote:
swamptooth wrote:These are my top 11...

SSL Fader grouping
Track visibility
Track folders
Track templates
Step record
Midi multi clip editing
Detachable browser
Browser metadata
Automation Curves
Timeline markers
Timeline Markers I've wanted for.....time ;)

I also hope (which knowing the props they'll implement the most basic functionality) they are stackable (at least 4 - this is so you can use them not just for labelling the parts of the song, Intro, Verse, Chorus, Build, Drop etc but also for use with analysing songs, i.e - where things come in and drop out. So with 4, you could mark/label 4 element changes at one time) and also hope they make them tab to-able. So if you want to quickly go to the chorus, click the marker bar and press tab however many times is necessary, tabbing from one marker to the other till you reach the chorus. One better could be, use the numbers on your keyboard to go to the marker number. So 2 would be the 2nd marker along (whatever that may be), 3 the third etc etc. That would limit it to 9, or use 0 for 10 perhaps, but still. Maybe shift 1 is 11, shift 2 is 12, then you get 20.

What's browser metadata?
What's track visibility?
Track visibility as realized in cubase

browser metadata would be data about your samples and such maintained in the browser. things like tempo, style, instrument type, etc. this comes in really handy for me in the random foley stuff that i do.
again from cubase --

Last edited by swamptooth on 09 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

swamptooth

09 Aug 2016

AttenuationHz wrote:Ever?
i would say video support but pretty sure that will never happen at this point. :roll:

Creativemind

10 Aug 2016

That Track Visibilty is a great idea but that's quite an advanced feature really, considering there's still basic things in Reason missing. Many features will be implemented before this happens.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

RandomSkratch

10 Aug 2016

Track visibility is neat and I'd like that extended into the mixer in the sense that you could collapse faders into their group fader. Make a drum group? Double click to hide all the individual faders under the main group fader. Definitely helps on saving screen space. We can already hide fader components (input, dynamics, etc).

AttenuationHz

11 Aug 2016

RandomSkratch wrote:Track visibility is neat and I'd like that extended into the mixer in the sense that you could collapse faders into their group fader. Make a drum group? Double click to hide all the individual faders under the main group fader. Definitely helps on saving screen space. We can already hide fader components (input, dynamics, etc).
Yeah that would be nice. Especially when your 30 tracks deep. Even on a large display there is scrolling required.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information