Midi notes should sound if <play>ed midway

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
exe135

17 Feb 2017

Midi notes in the sequencer should sound if the cursor is placed and the sequencer is started within their note duration.

Many DAWs bahave that way and it is really annoying that Reason doesn't, esp. when having pads with long notes etc.
The way it is now, It often forces you to long lead times if you want to audition full arrangements.

Thank you.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2017

exe135 wrote:Midi notes in the sequencer should sound if the cursor is placed and the sequencer is started within their note duration.

Many DAWs bahave that way and it is really annoying that Reason doesn't, esp. when having pads with long notes etc.
The way it is now, It often forces you to long lead times if you want to audition full arrangements.

Thank you.
This suggestion has appeared here a few times and the reason for that as it is a good suggestion (I may have even suggested it my self). :thumbs_up:

As a workaround when I have tracks with looooooooooooooooong midi notes I bounce them to track so you can run your track from where ever and hear that note(s)...

normen

20 Feb 2017

Thing with this is that the sound can be different if you do this. Say you have an evolving pad that normally only starts to open the filter 4 bars in. If you start at that 4th bar it will only open from the 8th bar on.. So "auditioning your arrangement" isn't really possible like that. If its a common issue for you I'd do what Carly suggested and have an audio track for that instrument.

• Information