Midi drum rolls.

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
craste

01 May 2017

I really struggle with drum rolls for House music (or fills) so can you create a tool for doing them or some downloadable midi files?

You highlight the two bars or so, you want the drum roll to fill and then you press the 'Drum Roll' button and it fills it with some dangerous cool sounding drumming!

You could have a few different variations to mix things up - I bet you clever bods could do that couldn't you?

This is what stops me from finishing songs as I can't make you want to lose your shit and go crazy when the beat drops back in as I'm naff at this kind of stuff!

This would help so many people create more music!

Creativemind

01 May 2017

Clever bods lol!

Reason bods are the music gods in a production world lol!

By drum roll, you're not talking in straight 16th or 8th notes with the velocity increasing, you're talking drum fills, but EDM style drum fills?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

QVprod

01 May 2017

You can either automate an arpeggiator or use Redrum (pattern to track) to accomplish drum fills/rolls.

syrokitty

13 May 2017

I was actually thinking just a simple note echo that you copy and paste an automation clip to every section you want a roll. -shrug-

satyr32

13 May 2017

can't you use the note echo player device for that kind of stuff?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

xbitz

13 May 2017

the OP talks about some kind of this

so some magic wand which creates a nice one by itself ...
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

Creativemind

14 May 2017

That's brilliant man.

Those drums sound well realistic. Does anyone know where I can get any realistic studio drums like that as samples? I don't mean freesounds.org or anything like that as the quality is never that great in my opinion.

Also, can the fills be changed there on Drummer like how does it know what drum fill to use?

aeox
Competition Winner

14 May 2017

Last edited by aeox on 31 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

14 May 2017

xbitz wrote:the OP talks about some kind of this

Very cool. Didn't know about dragging the regions... Nice! In general I like the drummers in Garageband (on the phone as well) and you can actually (on a Mac) import the MIDI into Reason...

Kind of wish the A-List Drummers would work like this! :)

D.

QVprod

14 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:That's brilliant man.

Those drums sound well realistic. Does anyone know where I can get any realistic studio drums like that as samples? I don't mean freesounds.org or anything like that as the quality is never that great in my opinion.

Also, can the fills be changed there on Drummer like how does it know what drum fill to use?
These are multi samples drums so the individual samples wont help you much, but there are a few real drum options as refills in the shop such as Reason Drumkits, BFD Core, Alt Drums...etc... Then there are also a few drum VSTs/sample libraries such as Studio Drummer, EZ Drummer, and Addictive Drums

Oquasec

14 May 2017

This site is the best one I found for reason.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Creativemind

15 May 2017

QVprod wrote:

These are multi samples drums so the individual samples wont help you much, but there are a few real drum options as refills in the shop such as Reason Drumkits, BFD Core, Alt Drums...etc... Then there are also a few drum VSTs/sample libraries such as Studio Drummer, EZ Drummer, and Addictive Drums
You missed Supererior Drummer hahaha!

QVprod

15 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:
QVprod wrote:

You missed Supererior Drummer hahaha!
Didn't miss it. Just gave examples. There are plenty more that what I listed.

pushedbutton

16 May 2017

2 tips.
1) use more note lanes, one or two per drum can sometimes be useful.
2) don't ignore velocity. Very few drummers can be on time and hit the drum at the same speed consistently.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

craste

28 May 2017

xbitz wrote:the OP talks about some kind of this

This is what I'm talking about - how cool is that!

Its makes it easy!

• Information