Quality of Life requests

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
aMUSiC

28 Mar 2023

There are some things that bug me when using reason (especially in my use cases for live performance, but would benefit everyone). So here we go:

- Open file load/save dialogs and VST Plugin windows by default on the same screen as the one Reason's main window is at. Currently, I'm using a 3 screen setup at home, and even though I have the Reason window on the 3rd screen, all dialog windows open up by default on the first screen. The same happens with the VST plugins when I open their GUI, where they appear on the top left corner of the first screen. If I move them to the third screen and save the project, then the dialogs/VST GUIs will appear on the third screen. However, if I add a new VST plugin, again it will open on the first screen.

- Add support for two finger scrolling on touch screens. Currently the only way to navigate around the rack in a (mouseless/touchpadless) touch screen device is by using the "mini-map" of the rack on the right which is imprecise and cumbersome. The same happens to the file browser on the left, and the only way to scroll is by using the vertical scrollbar, which is extremely small for a finger to use.

- Add Option to increase the icon/font size of the files in the File Browser, which would facilitate its use for various cases (live gigs, touch screens, visually impaired people).

- Add the ability when copy/pasting Devices and Tracks, to also copy Combinator editor information (Note ranges, transpose, Receive notes state, and Controller information such as Sustain Pedal/Aftertouch etc). This of course would make sense if the devices are being cut/copied from one combinator and pasted inside another combinator.

- Add a feature to group a set of devices and their chained effects under a single name tag, so that when the last effect/device in the chain gets routed to a mixer, it's label is semantically correct (instead of e.g. Reverb 2) while maintaining the patch (or custom) names on the actual device labels.

PhillipOrdonez

28 Mar 2023

One thing you can do meanwhile regarding the navigator, in case you didn't know, is that it can be enlarged, this way it will probably be easier to use with a finger?

aMUSiC

28 Mar 2023

If you mean resizing the browser window then yes I know about it, however it just adds more space while the files (patches, songs) remain the same size and still difficult to tap on using a finger. If that’s not what you mean though, is then no, I don’t know about it.

PhillipOrdonez

28 Mar 2023

aMUSiC wrote:
28 Mar 2023
If you mean resizing the browser window then yes I know about it, however it just adds more space while the files (patches, songs) remain the same size and still difficult to tap on using a finger. If that’s not what you mean though, is then no, I don’t know about it.
I mean the navigator. To navigate the rack. While they add two finger scrolling, making the navigator larger might help navigating your project

• Information