UJAM Finisher (VST) Combi skins

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
challism

05 Jun 2023

Download here:
Finisher.zip
(378.41 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
123.jpg
123.jpg (110.01 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
456.jpg
456.jpg (106.63 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Despondo
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2023

Cool! Thanks for these!

bigguy1

17 Jun 2023

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I drag these Combinator patches under an instrument, but the sound does not change. If I drag the Finisher Plugin directly under the same intrument it works normal. Any help?

challism

17 Jun 2023

bigguy1 wrote:
17 Jun 2023
Maybe I am doing something wrong. I drag these Combinator patches under an instrument, but the sound does not change. If I drag the Finisher Plugin directly under the same intrument it works normal. Any help?
Did it happen to be the Voodoo combi? I noticed that I saved that one without a Voodoo VST in it. I've updated the zip file above with the a correct combi for Voodoo.

bigguy1

17 Jun 2023

Voodoo and Boost. Yes the VST was missing :-)
And with Boost the VST was on Bypass...

Thank you for your fast response

bigguy1

18 Jun 2023

Sorry. I redownloaded the Zip, but for Voodoo the VST is still missing

challism

27 Jun 2023

bigguy1 wrote:
18 Jun 2023
Sorry. I redownloaded the Zip, but for Voodoo the VST is still missing
Wow, that's really annoying. I swear, I've programmed that Voodoo Combi 3 times now.
OK, I've updated and reattached the zip file.

selig
RE Developer

28 Jun 2023

Is it me, or are there two different shadows going on? Makes it a bit confusing looking IMO, as on many of these I’m seeing a small shadow below the knob and a big shadow to the left of the same knob. Not that it ultimately matters, it’s your ‘universe’ to create as you see fit - but is this intentional or intended to create some other visual effect? I’m not familiar with the UJAM devices so maybe that’s what I’m missing!
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

28 Jun 2023

selig wrote:
28 Jun 2023
Is it me, or are there two different shadows going on? Makes it a bit confusing looking IMO, as on many of these I’m seeing a small shadow below the knob and a big shadow to the left of the same knob. Not that it ultimately matters, it’s your ‘universe’ to create as you see fit - but is this intentional or intended to create some other visual effect? I’m not familiar with the UJAM devices so maybe that’s what I’m missing!
Yeah, these Combis aren't great GUIs, and there could be some shadow inconsistencies, for sure. Looks like the bigger vintage knobs have shadows, while the smaller knobs don't. All I did was take a screenshot of the different Follower GUIs and put them into photoshop for some minor (albeit poor) editing, then threw them in a combi and added the knobs. Quick and easy job, not intended to hold up to scrutiny. I just don't like having my VSTs' controls always disappearing from that popup window, so I made a Combi for them, unprofessional looking as they may be. I decided to share them here since I made the (minimal effort) to maybe save others some time in doing the same.

selig
RE Developer

28 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
28 Jun 2023
selig wrote:
28 Jun 2023
Yeah, these Combis aren't great GUIs, and there could be some shadow inconsistencies, for sure. Looks like the bigger vintage knobs have shadows, while the smaller knobs don't. All I did was take a screenshot of the different Follower GUIs and put them into photoshop for some minor (albeit poor) editing, then threw them in a combi and added the knobs. Quick and easy job, not intended to hold up to scrutiny. I just don't like having my VSTs' controls always disappearing from that popup window, so I made a Combi for them, unprofessional looking as they may be. I decided to share them here since I made the (minimal effort) to maybe save others some time in doing the same.
I wouldn’t say they look unprofessional, it’s just a bit confusing (but I’m hyper-aware of stuff like this so take my comments with a large grain of salt) with two different shadows on the same sources - but I understand now that you didn’t have control over that so carry on - great work otherwise, especially if it was just a quick and easy job IMO!
FWIW, other than the shadows these look 100% pro, which I guess is why the shadows otherwise ‘stood out’ to my eye. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

28 Jun 2023

selig wrote:
28 Jun 2023
I wouldn’t say they look unprofessional, it’s just a bit confusing (but I’m hyper-aware of stuff like this so take my comments with a large grain of salt) with two different shadows on the same sources - but I understand now that you didn’t have control over that so carry on - great work otherwise, especially if it was just a quick and easy job IMO!
FWIW, other than the shadows these look 100% pro, which I guess is why the shadows otherwise ‘stood out’ to my eye. :)
ha ha, I wasn't offended by your comment. I didn't really notice the shadow discrepancy until you mentioned it. I just took a screen shot of U-Jam's devices and threw them in photoshop to remove the obvious things that would stand out when used as a Combi backdrop. Pretty fast and easy job (and admittedly, not that detail focused).

After I finished the GUIs I noticed that the font size changes I made (input/output) were pretty noticeable from the first to the last device. The font size was too small in the first few devices. I like the bigger font in the last few devices. But I don't really care enough to go back and redo them. The point of these was to get rid of having to always open up that horrible VST popup to make adjustment. So I will consider these done. Especially now that I finally got Voodoo saved with the VST device in it! ha ha ha

• Information