Stereo Slapback Delay (free REs inside)

This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets.
Forum rules
This forum is for sharing patches created with the updated Combinator, as well as backdrops and any backdrop assets. If you would like to share a patch here as an attachment, you must zip it first. Otherwise you can host your patches elsewhere and share the links here.
crimsonwarlock

30 Jul 2023

I needed a stereo slapback delay where I could set the delay times for left and right individually. I didn't see any RE delay with this option. Maybe it exists and I looked over it. However, threw one together with two instances of Kilohearts delay RE (which has been free for a while now) a while ago, simple but effective. Just today I made a little faceplate for it, and why not share it :puf_wink:

slapback-screen.jpg
slapback-screen.jpg (37.3 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
Attachments
SlapBack Delay - Init.zip
(173.13 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Loque

30 Jul 2023

You can do this with The Echo. Just set different times for Left and Right. You can also set different Feedback. Only cross feedback needs some tweaking.

But your Combi looks nice :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

30 Jul 2023

Loque wrote:
30 Jul 2023
You can do this with The Echo. Just set different times for Left and Right. You can also set different Feedback. Only cross feedback needs some tweaking.
Problem with The Echo is that the right time is always a result of the left time. You cannot tweak the left time without changing (or the need to change) the right time. I needed to be able to tweak the delay time for left and right individually.
Loque wrote:
30 Jul 2023
But your Combi looks nice :thumbup:
Thanks.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

crimsonwarlock

30 Jul 2023

Just for info: I limited the delay time from 10 msecs to (roughly) 500 msecs, which is basically the range you work in for a slapback delay. Also, the feedback should be set completely to the left, which is just one repetition, to give a clean slapback effect. I've left the feedback available to be set to more reps for certain effects, but you probably need the ducking functionality if you do.
-------

• Information