Mixfood Orange is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JoshuaPhilgarlic

27 Mar 2015

REndomPatch (the free random patch generator for Mac) supports Mixfood Orange now.

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/show_sin ... ostcount=8

//Edit:
Man, this machine is so crazy :D !!! Here's a patch which is based on a random one. It needed some tweaking indeed, but I even didn't get the idea without that ;) !

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/623 ... 0Rocks.zip

Last Alternative

28 Mar 2015

That's one complicated beast right there and very well priced. I'm impressed! How is it on CPU?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

frog974new

28 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:That's one complicated beast right there and very well priced. I'm impressed! How is it on CPU?
try this one sine yesterday now , i 've done some tress test .. very light dsp CPU

raymondh

28 Mar 2015

Nice job with this Bou.

I bought it, really like it.
It has a very different sound to the other available synths, and it's fun to program!

pbc278

28 Mar 2015

raymondh wrote:Nice job with this Bou.

I bought it, really like it.
It has a very different sound to the other available synths, and it's fun to program!
Thanks raymond!

At the moment I'm putting together a few soundbanks. I found some people that will help me with that. I'm thinking genre-specific soundbanks... So expect some updates in the next few weeks... 
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

frog974new

28 Mar 2015

have fun some today
tweak the sound
browse the patch

only a basic drums , kick snare hit hat with some amazing from the Mixfood Orange

frog974new

30 Mar 2015

great !! , we can make some cools drums with the Mixfood Orange
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f1dxeqnv6o7s ... s.rar?dl=0

a quick exemple to show how build in a Kick like as with subtractor or other synth 
( play C3 )

for Hit hat , use Osc1 and Lo-fi with a Lp and Hp filter

sequence

30 Mar 2015

looks cool,
and for 35$ a no brainer !!

cheers

pbc278

30 Mar 2015

sequence wrote:looks cool,
and for 35$ a no brainer !!

cheers
Thanks! These comments are really a very big compliment. Thanks!

For update news see my website at: http://www.studiocorbach.nl

There are a few updates pending, but Propellerhead needs to press the OK button after they've checked it for errors.. This can take some time 'cause they're always busy I think, busy making all this better and better!
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

geronimo

31 Mar 2015

Just one   Pad patche _
Attachments
Monte_Cristo.repatch.zip
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

pbc278

01 Apr 2015

I've just published a new update of Mixfood Orange Syntesizer.

Version 1.0.2 Update
  • Pan function fixed (there was a audible click when panning left to right)
  • More knobs are made automatable
  • A little more color added to the backside
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

geronimo

01 Apr 2015

In a feature update, I'll see a Delay command only for OSC 2 and 3 .

frog974new

01 Apr 2015

geronimo wrote:  

In a feature update, I'll see a Delay command only for OSC 2 and 3 .
on the Osc1 there's the Lo-fi fx , really helpfull with delay to add some  glitchy sounds as a layer when we stack this with the 2 others osc

pbc278

02 Apr 2015

P2ThaL wrote:I started my trial this morning and this will probably be my next RE purchase.  I'm finding some great and interesting sounds.   :thumbup:
Thanks for trying Mixfood Orange... And thanks for being so super nice right from the start... In future updates more sounds will be added in the form of patches. These patches will be grouped by music genre. So your future-purchase will continue to be inspiring (at least that's what I'm aming for ;-).

Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Jagwah

02 Apr 2015

I like it a lot, Meteora doesn't even compare.

frog974new

04 Apr 2015

today i find a way to make some hit hat and basic snare ^^
( no sample here )

selig
RE Developer

04 Apr 2015

Quick heads up/feedback - some patches are clipping on their own, making it impossible to use them without adjustments. For all Reason patch designers, the FSB standard is to have peaks around -12 dBFS when the patch is played as intended (mono bass/leads, 4-5 note chords for poly patches). At least be consistent within your own device, then I could just lower the fader and carry on (still not the most desirable solution for me). 

Clipping:
bass-06
pad_strings01 with 5 notes
synth_mono-16

Then there's Square Lead 2 MEC which is hitting right on the mark. But the other sounds are so much louder it's just a little frustrating IMO. 

These are just the patches in the root folder, many of which ALMOST clip btw - I suspect there may be others.

Also, purely my opinion  here, but how about a little creativity with the patch names? I gotta say, it's not that enticing to browse when the patches are simply numbered generic names, again totally IMO. 

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

MDTerps2015

04 Apr 2015

I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but this synth doesnt have velocity sensitivity. If i hit the key soft there is no sound but if i hit it hard i get a sound. Is anyone else experiencing this or is there something im missing?????
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

pbc278

04 Apr 2015

selig wrote:Quick heads up/feedback - some patches are clipping on their own, making it impossible to use them without adjustments. For all Reason patch designers, the FSB standard is to have peaks around -12 dBFS when the patch is played as intended (mono bass/leads, 4-5 note chords for poly patches). At least be consistent within your own device, then I could just lower the fader and carry on (still not the most desirable solution for me). 

Clipping:
bass-06
synth_mono-16

Then there's Square Lead 2 MEC which is hitting right on the mark. But the other sounds are so much louder it's just a little frustrating IMO. 

These are just the patches in the root folder, many of which ALMOST clip btw - I suspect there may be others.

Also, purely my opinion  here, but how about a little creativity with the patch names? I gotta say, it's not that enticing to browse when the patches are simply numbered generic names, again totally IMO. 

Yes, It's your opinion indeed. I really like numbered patch names. I think it's just very subjective to give a patch a name.
A patch is just a starting point to me. I either like it or not.. It's just a bunch of knobs and sliders tweaked nothing more nothing less, so a number is good enough. But you're free to give them all nice names ;-) and share them with the rest of us...

Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

pbc278

04 Apr 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but this synth doesnt have velocity sensitivity. If i hit the key soft there is no sound but if i hit it hard i get a sound. Is anyone else experiencing this or is there something im missing?????
The velocity knobs are on the AMP Envelope section. Standard they're on, but you could thurn them down or even off if you want. All OSC's have this velocity knob placed in the AMP ENV section.

Attachments
velocity.jpg
velocity.jpg (209.42 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

pbc278

04 Apr 2015

frog974new wrote:today i find a way to make some hit hat and basic snare ^^
( no sample here )

Very cool! Nice one...
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

selig
RE Developer

04 Apr 2015

selig wrote:Quick heads up/feedback - some patches are clipping on their own, making it impossible to use them without adjustments. For all Reason patch designers, the FSB standard is to have peaks around -12 dBFS when the patch is played as intended (mono bass/leads, 4-5 note chords for poly patches). At least be consistent within your own device, then I could just lower the fader and carry on (still not the most desirable solution for me). 

Clipping:
bass-06
synth_mono-16

pbc278 wrote:
Yes, It's your opinion indeed. 

I really like numbered patch names. I think it's just very subjective to give a patch a name.
A patch is just a starting point to me. I either like it or not.. It's just a bunch of knobs and sliders tweaked nothing more nothing less, so a number is good enough. But you're free to give them all nice names ;-) and share them with the rest of us...
One could argue that numbers are even MORE subjective, and certainly less descriptive…

Hey, it's not just my opinion, as 99% of all patch "names" in Reason are "names", but maybe you're basing your opinion on research or another successful product I'm not aware of. Plus, I'm more thinking of what OTHERS think then what you or I think, and this was just a heads to state the obvious!   ;)

I personally find it easier to identify with and to remember names, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one based on the fact that all the products I checked use names. I can also remember how helpful it was when the first synths that could assign names to patches was released.

Cool you're taking the chance on doing it your own way, at the least it helps you stand out from the crowd. Hope that's a good thing and that it works out for you!

Selig Audio, LLC

MDTerps2015

04 Apr 2015

Thanks PBC. I usually plug it in and dial up a sound to never even move any parameters over as i am still checking out the other hundred on the synth. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

pbc278

04 Apr 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Thanks PBC. I usually plug it in and dial up a sound to never even move any parameters over as i am still checking out the other hundred on the synth. 
You're welcome... 
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

• Information