Pop Chords A-List Electric Guitarist is in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Juan Rosa

18 Sep 2015

Really seductive RE, but expensive i'll wait for a good price or buy a guitar!

Yonatan

19 Sep 2015

I found an issue with this new RE. Suddenly it wont play back anymore, and then if you close the Reason window and open up the project again, it plays back as supposed. Don´t know what´s going on. I´m on Macbook with Yosemite. Any other notice this?

Dante

20 Sep 2015

No such issue like that here, all 3 A-Listers working OK.

The one thing that's really pissing me off about these A-Listers is they wont just play a straight chord that rings out without any rhythm.

I like to just play em like a normal rompler occasionally but that option doesn't exist when u don't want a loop !

Unless its just a short sustain chord you need :|

eusti

20 Sep 2015

Dante wrote:No such issue like that here, all 3 A-Listers working OK.

The one thing that's really pissing me off about these A-Listers is they wont just play a straight chord that rings out without any rhythm.

I like to just play em like a normal rompler occasionally but that option doesn't exist when u don't want a loop !

Unless its just a short sustain chord you need :|
Did you try the lower Standard phrases?
- Acoustic Guitarist plays a 2+ bar chord (@120bpm) holding down C#1 & C4.
- Electric Guitarist - Power Chords plays a 2+ bar chord (@120 bpm) holding down E1 & C4.
Hope that helps.

D.

Dante

20 Sep 2015

I thought I had tried all the phrases - I'll try those key combinations thanks much appreciated.

eusti

20 Sep 2015

Dante wrote:I thought I had tried all the phrases - I'll try those key combinations thanks much appreciated.
You are welcome: Those keys of course are for a C chord... ;)

D.

Dante

21 Sep 2015

That C#1 sure did the trick - gives me 1 shot sustained chords - that will teach me to RTFM !

Works with the new pop AList which sounds a treat thru the Kuassa Vermillion and Chenille chorus !!!!

eusti

21 Sep 2015

Dante wrote:That C#1 sure did the trick - gives me 1 shot sustained chords - that will teach me to RTFM !

Works with the new pop AList which sounds a treat thru the Kuassa Vermillion and Chenille chorus !!!!
Glad to hear! :)

D.

xRwu8

13 Nov 2015

Hmm, tempted to pick this up, but it's pricey compared to the 4th of July sale on the other two A-Lists (got them both for $78 total!)

Anyone familiar with the shop deals know when a sale on this might happen?
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

eusti

13 Nov 2015

xRwu8 wrote:Hmm, tempted to pick this up, but it's pricey compared to the 4th of July sale on the other two A-Lists (got them both for $78 total!)

Anyone familiar with the shop deals know when a sale on this might happen?
Potentially on Black Friday (November 27th), but not sure if they'll lower the price on this one as it's still fairly new...

D.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2015

Yeah i'm waiting for a deal on this one too... :)

Iapetus 9

14 Nov 2015

Juan Rosa wrote:Really seductive RE, but expensive I'll wait for a good price or buy a guitar!
That's the spirit. Look hard enough and you can find a real Strat that sounds just like the RE for the money. It will also come with an infinite sample library and even humanize your tracks instead of turning Reason into a glorified cheap Casio keyboard with auto accompaniment.

As you can see, I hate these RE's, they're WAY to sterile, and if you really think that this RE is easier than plugging in your guitar and throwing down some tired been there done that riffs, then you aren't a musician. You're a Producer, and there's the difference.

I hate to ruffle feathers, but that's the way I see it.
38L > 51D every time.

Dante

14 Nov 2015

There's nothing to say anyone can't be both musician and producer. I use a real strat for leads, but the AList RE's are a great lazy way of getting something down more quickly d accurately, without having to worry about changing fresh strings or intonation.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2015

Yeah and if you don't play guitar, you'll be better off with this.
And please do not tell me to go learn guitar. I already play Keys and more than 10 wind instruments. It's enough trying to improve on this...

(I've been thinking about buying an Ukulele or a Cavaquinho... Maybe they release an A-List UKU in time???? )

Iapetus 9

14 Nov 2015

Here's an experiment- Throw a rock out your front door and hit any number of good guitar players. Ask them if they would rather buy this overpriced Rex refill, or play the tracks themselves. Go on. I'll be waiting...

I think you know my answer already. I'm not telling you to not buy this RE. I'm just telling you that there's plenty of real guitars out there for the same money. Perhaps that is my biggest gripe. A glorified guitar Rex player is the same amount as an actual guitar. Your excuses are your own on whether or not you play actual instruments. Again...the choice is yours.
38L > 51D every time.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2015

Iapetus 9 wrote:(...)I'm just telling you that there's plenty of real guitars out there for the same money. Perhaps that is my biggest gripe. A glorified guitar Rex player is the same amount as an actual guitar. Your excuses are your own on whether or not you play actual instruments. Again...the choice is yours.
What's the use of a guitar if i can't play it?
I've been doing a lot of music production for other artists. Suppose I need a guitar in a song today, not in 6 months or 1 year after i might be minimally prolific with the instrument.
I'm not willing to pay to a session guitarist when he/she will cost me more than what i'm going to receive from my customer. The same way i'm not going to pay a drummer, a bass player, or a full orchestra. If a client wants that, i have to put the cost of all that on him, and when they know the amounts involved (250 eur is a normal fee for a 4 hour session, where you record 2 or 3 songs, depending on the guitar player and songs and i'm not making that for a full arrangement!!!) they change their minds right away!

Does that make sense? In your logic should I learn how to play another 18 instruments to make a song (as if piano/keys, 4 different kinds of (real) flutes, bagpipes, harmonica, and world percussion was not enough)??

My question is, if it is normal to use sampled pianos, organs, full orchestral instruments, huge drum chopped samples and riff bass lines, what is the problem about having and using sample based guitars?

Dante

17 Nov 2015

Iapetus 9 wrote:Here's an experiment- Throw a rock out your front door and hit any number of good guitar players. Ask them if they would rather buy this overpriced Rex refill, or play the tracks themselves. Go on. I'll be waiting...
Actually, my squire strat cost me 8 times what the Pop guitarist RE cost, my Art Lutherie acoustic 11 times the price of the Alist acoustic RE and 12 string Maton 15 times as much as any of them. My Yamaha bass twice as much as the Dan Dean refill. There are occasions I would use all these RE and also all the real guitars.

It's not about the price or one replacing the other - it's about convenience and sound. Case in point : In the following track I used AList Pop for Rhythm guitar, and recorded my real Strat for the middle 8 lead.

So why not ?

xRwu8

20 Nov 2015

yeah I've basically been using A-List power & acoustic as backing rhythm guitars spread wide in the mix and then will record electric lead myself. I'm liking how it's worked out, so looking forward to the pop collection.

by the way in the Props email yesterday they announced the Black Friday sale on 11/27 calling it the shop's "biggest sale of the year" with up to 80% discount on 200+ products. definitely hoping AList pop and Rob Papen Predator are in there...
:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

• Information