REASON SDK for 3D and 2D Artist....Start Designing !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

03 Jan 2016

It will cost you $12 per year !!! That's $1 per month!
OK...are you ready.........? .....here it is .... >>>> *you need a website*<<<<<! That's it!

Step 1.Sign up to get a domain/website name *ANY NAME* For example you can choose skynetisalive.com This is where it cost you the 12 bucks!
https://www.godaddy.com/?isc=gofd2003sa&ci=

step 2.got to the SDK sign up page: https://www.propellerheads.se/developer/apply-start.php
enter your basic information, then add your website adress...Boom ! you'll have access to the SDK to build Rack Extensions,IDT,GUI ect....

Well since a picture is worth a thousand words : Quick note, where it says "postal code/state/zip" ect...It's my home address, you don't have to be in a corporate office building or something
SDK here I come.png
SDK here I come.png (85.37 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
Now My personal opinion is that Propellerheads should drop this requirement to get a website first to download the SDK basically making you spend $12 (if you don't already have one).
You can't sale your devices unless you have a registered company anyway...so why bother asking for a website? That should be left for the final stage, when you are ready to make business then yea...requirement Tax ID, website the whole works.

Any who, there you have it!
Last edited by pjeudy on 03 Jan 2016, edited 2 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Skullture

03 Jan 2016

Awesome Pjeudy, good suggestion :)

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2016

Does it have to be a .com domain? because you can get a dot TK domain.

Skullture

03 Jan 2016

avasopht wrote:Does it have to be a .com domain? because you can get a dot TK domain.
I think any domain will do as Propellerhead requires you to assign your reverse domain to your SDK signup. They show two examples one being com.google and the other one se.propellerheads so I guess tk should do just fine, anyway I just tried it with an .tk domain so let's see whay happens.

pjeudy

03 Jan 2016

avasopht wrote:Does it have to be a .com domain? because you can get a dot TK domain.
All that Props requires is a domain name .com or what ever other "dot"
Example of none .com developers site:
http://redrocksound.ru/
http://www.studiocorbach.nl/
http://turn2on.ru/
http://zvork.fr/
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Lizard

03 Jan 2016

Skullture wrote:
I think any domain will do as Propellerhead requires you to assign your reverse domain to your SDK signup. They show two examples one being com.google and the other one se.propellerheads so I guess tk should do just fine, anyway I just tried it with an .tk domain so let's see whay happens.
I think it has to be a website of which you declare your company. I'm not even sure the reverse is relevant to be honest. There have been companies that have changed websites and even company names. But in best practice you would just want to think of a company name you would call yourself, get a site through any provider such as godaddy or 1&1 and then buy a domain name for a year or two. It is the best marketing tool you would want anyway and could write it off as a business expense. So... small investment. You can get any website for free. The web addy you will pay for. I pay $10 a year or so. Just buy a domain name and port forward to a blog if that is what you want to do. :)

I do commend this thread for encouraging people to sign up as developers. People seem to think all these things they need or must have to get access to the SDK. Getting access to the SDK and putting a product in the shop have different requirements. It really is simple and costs very little. You do not have to be this corporation or a registered business to get access. You only need to secure a EIN or TIN (Tax Numbers with your local government) to sell a product. You can develop one forever! ;) So get onboard. It's easy and then you have access to a better understanding of what it takes to make a GUI and create products.

Skullture

04 Jan 2016

Mine got approved, getting started :)

Lizard

04 Jan 2016

Skullture wrote:Mine got approved, getting started :)
And for posterity...
A) How long did it take for them to approve?
B) Did you have to make a legitimate company to apply? Did you already have one?
C) Did you have a website already? Did you have to get one? How much did/do you have to pay?
D) How painful/painless was the experience for you?

Skullture

04 Jan 2016

Lizard wrote:
Skullture wrote:Mine got approved, getting started :)
And for posterity...
A) How long did it take for them to approve?
B) Did you have to make a legitimate company to apply? Did you already have one?
C) Did you have a website already? Did you have to get one? How much did/do you have to pay?
D) How painful/painless was the experience for you?
A) last night
B) nope, like Pjeudy already said this is not necessary
C) I have a domain, no hosting yet to launch site
D) took a few clicks :puf_smile:

pjeudy

27 Jan 2016

bump!

tiker01

28 Jan 2016

I made a Facebook page and used that for the domain part. It worked just fine and I have been approved.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information