Acid Diode Ladder Filter from Primal Audio is in the shop !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

15 Dec 2015

One thing I have to say is that , it is a well worn device :puf_smile: Scratches and dirt all over the place!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... er-filter/

$19.00. 30% off intro-offer until February 22!

ACID is an analogue-modelled low-pass filter. Based on the characteristic diode ladder filter design from the vintage Roland TB-303 synthesizer, ACID brings the squelchy sound of the original unit to the Reason Rack. ACID uses cutting-edge DSP rooted in techniques used in industrial circuit simulators to accurately model its analogue components. Furthermore it extends the original filter with an envelope follower, resulting in a versatile unit capable of many types of effects from gentle overdrive and adding some bite to samples to transforming dull synth sequences into bubbly, acidy riffs.

Features:
LOW-PASS FILTER: 24dB/oct squelchy low-pass filter based on the TB-303 diode ladder filter circuit
ENVELOPE FOLLOWER: Envelope Follower with external side chain for organic filter modulation
INDUSTRIAL CIRCUIT SIMULATION: We use techniques from industrial circuit simulators to accurately model the electric components

As the developer mentioned on there Facebook page.Here's the bundle! for $59.00

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... -classics/
Last edited by pjeudy on 02 Feb 2016, edited 10 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

dioxide

15 Dec 2015

Incredible GUI as always from Primal Audio.

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2015

One thing I have to say is that , it is a well worn device :puf_smile: Scratches and dirt all over the place!
For a minute there, I thought you had printed out the PDF and then scanned it in to get the grime. ;-)

pjeudy

15 Dec 2015

Despondo wrote:
For a minute there, I thought you had printed out the PDF and then scanned it in to get the grime. ;-)
Nah...That's from the pdf..I thought it was on my screen at first !!! :shock:
Funny all there filter devices are set to off :-)
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

pjeudy

15 Dec 2015

Maybe we will be able to this with ACID Filter:

On the image above it says Amp input (some sort of overdrive) I'm sure that's what they mean on the back *distortion CV knob*
And sidechain/highpass isn't installed yet. And Yes they make really nice looking devices !!

pjeudy

06 Jan 2016

PSA: Primal Audio should be starting BETA for ACID this week.

tronam

06 Jan 2016

For all the folks who've been wanting overdrive distortion in ABL3, this could be the perfect solution.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Skullture

06 Jan 2016

tronam wrote:For all the folks who've been wanting overdrive distortion in ABL3, this could be the perfect solution.
PMS-20 on rage mode is pretty good too, set resonance all the way up, then high pass filter in the middle, crank up the freq on the ABL3 and instant madness :cool: (works even better with devastor2 inbetween imo)

Vince-Noir-99

06 Jan 2016

Skullture wrote:
tronam wrote:For all the folks who've been wanting overdrive distortion in ABL3, this could be the perfect solution.
PMS-20 on rage mode is pretty good too, set resonance all the way up, then high pass filter in the middle, crank up the freq on the ABL3 and instant madness :cool: (works even better with devastor2 inbetween imo)

Absolutely! PMS-20 has extraordinary saturation. I'm using it just about anywhere for that :)

Resonator

06 Jan 2016

Nice to see all these filters. But when will they make another synth?

joeyluck

06 Jan 2016

I'm sure it will be a great filter, but I have my doubts they can get it any closer to the 303 than the ABL3. Audiorealism nailed it. Granted, the ABL3 doesn't have an audio input, so I guess the benefit to this would be the ability to use the filter on anything.

For those hung-up about distortion, it's not that hard to achieve. I use several things and enjoy the flexibility.
GClip delivers great results. And D16's Devastor is also excellent. But most the time I use just GClip.

The TB-303 had no built-in distortion. And what you have heard on popular tracks is a myriad of different distortion units/pedals and effect chains. People have used what they have. Just clip the hell out of it :)

Andreas@Primal Audio

20 Jan 2016

Hi guys,

It's not meant to be a ABL3 competitor at all. It's pretty hard to compare them without external input on the ABL3 and I'm sure that the osc in the ABL3 has been tweaked to nail the sound of the 303 oscillator. I also believe that the 303 and it's emulators has got a limited frequency range on the cutoff knob, where the ACID is full range going from 20hz to 20 khz but I suspect that the ACID and Abl3 filters will sound very similar within the same range. But don't forget the TB303 sound itself is very much the whole package with the osc, sequencer, slides, accents, and the filter. The ACID is just the filter but based on the same circuit design as the TB303 it will give you the squelchy roland acidy sound but with a pretty different feel since it uses an envelope follower. It's a bit experimantal in that way.

About distortion we have planned to add a distortion knob in a future update. Currently you can overdrive the filter by increasing the input level. That that will give you are more saturated and rounder sound. It is quite far from what a distortion pedal sounds like though.

chimp_spanner

20 Jan 2016

Really looking forward to this one. I have both PMS and Ladder (was in the beta for that too) and they're just fantastic. I use the for saturation and stereo widening as much as filtering. And the front panels are so slick/realistic. Love it!

Loque

20 Jan 2016

Hum... I will try the Acid asap its available. Lets see if it handles the feedback of an accent or has better overdrive than F-16 Analog Filter. The envelope is probably the most intersting thing in the 303 filter besides the other curves and relations. So i am looking forward to what new thing will come with this filter...
Reason12, Win10

Marc64

31 Jan 2016

When I went thru my products and the RE's I saw the Acid filter there for me to download, times out feb 24 :)
Don't remember if I asked somewhere to try/beta test it ... :)
Nice one though to say the least :)

chimp_spanner

31 Jan 2016

Yeah same here dude - I think they just added users from the previous beta maybe? I only realised it was there the other day. Gotta say I don't quite understand the behaviour of the envelope, but on the other hand it was 4am when I tried it so I wasn't on all cylinders ;)

miscend

31 Jan 2016

It's time to built a subtractive synth with all these nice filters. Something to rival Diva and Monark for Reason.

riemac

31 Jan 2016

miscend wrote:It's time to built a subtractive synth with all these nice filters. Something to rival Diva and Monark for Reason.
You are absolutely right, Primal Audio should develope an analog synth as Rack Extension with all their filters.
That would be great!

decibel

01 Feb 2016

i wonder when the comp winners will recieve their prizes ? ;)

eusti

01 Feb 2016

decibel wrote:i wonder when the comp winners will recieve their prizes ? ;)
Most likely after the beta is finished and the device is released... ;)

D.

Loque

01 Feb 2016

Reason12, Win10

eusti

01 Feb 2016

Good point. But so far - although having won in the competition as well - I don't have a license in my account yet.

D.

eusti

01 Feb 2016

Via Facebook:

Andreas Valdemar Steinholtz Quick important note! We were to quick to hit launch it and the price of 29usd/eur is the normal price, but we have an intro offer of 19eur/eur ready - the new price/product page just needs to be approved by Propellerhead first!

D.

eusti

01 Feb 2016

Update: They took the shop page offline to insure that people don't buy it before the price is updated (intro offer)...

D.

Loque

01 Feb 2016

Ok, thanks for that info :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

For 19€ guess its insta buy...
Reason12, Win10

• Information