Primal Audio "Filter Classics" Bundle - $59

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
snowcattt

02 Feb 2016

Invent the life you want to live.

eusti

02 Feb 2016

Nice! Good find! :)

D.

DiZo

02 Feb 2016

In my reason, really good work primal audio

Loque

02 Feb 2016

Too late for me, but good for everyone who doesnt have but wants them :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

lowpryo

05 Feb 2016

I finally got a night to sit down and trial these bad boys. I never thought filters were anything special, so I wanted to see what the fuss was about, and after a couple hours of toiling away and comparing these with the filters on Thor and Antidote, I'm gonna be making the purchase. in some subtle cases, it was very easy to dial Thor or Antidote filters into something comparable. but with higher resonant settings and more saturation, there was a crispness and uniqueness to these units that I couldn't quite get otherwise. I was actually surprised at how different the character on each filter really is. that's something i've overlooked in my whole time producing. so thank you!

dustmoses

06 Mar 2016

This looks cool, may get eventually but am working with etch and synapse af4.

One things for certain, if you consider twisting knobs on a solid filter one of the simple pleasures in life, Reason stock won't cut it.

Sawwy

06 Mar 2016

dustmoses wrote:One things for certain, if you consider twisting knobs on a solid filter one of the simple pleasures in life, Reason stock won't cut it.
I don't agree. Reason's stock devices have some real great sounding filters IMO

dustmoses

06 Mar 2016

I rate Thor and Malstrom filters highly, but as far as low-pass filter sweeps at extreme resonance personally I wasn't satisfied with stock.

gak

07 Mar 2016

Hun?

Anyways, I have the first two and the pms 20 is the star here. Ladder I got for cheap, but haven't used it as much (the cpu doesn't really bother me much, but it's just not doing it for me......)

Don't know about the Acid plug.......I'll demo it eventually.........

Sawwy

07 Mar 2016

dustmoses wrote:I rate Thor and Malstrom filters highly, but as far as low-pass filter sweeps at extreme resonance personally I wasn't satisfied with stock.
I noticed that you have Synapse's AF-4 Analog Filter. Does it satisfy you?

dustmoses

07 Mar 2016

AF-4 is not the filter to end all filters but I got it for something like $15 during black Friday sale and it's closer to my ideal lpf (vintage Roland analogue) than anything stock in Reason. So I am a satisfied customer.

These Primal Audio filters look interesting, I've read people call them the most analog sounding is Reason. Going to try them soon.

If you're asking if I recommend AF-4, I jumped on it for 15 bucks during a sale. At regular price there's a bit of a variety out there, few of which I have tried.

So I can't really make a recommendation.

I do like AF-4 though.

GRIFTY

07 Mar 2016

I think it was $40 when I bought AF-4, and tbh it's one of my least used devices. It's one of my regrets that I wish I could sell (along with the red rock exciters)

GRIFTY

07 Mar 2016

These filters however seem very interesting!

• Information