What VSTs would you like to see as REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcyaya

08 Feb 2016

gak wrote:All amp sims. ALL OF THEM. Do it now..........look into my eyes.........

How is the softube stuff? I'm on an older version of Reason, and I haven't tried them. I'm using combinations of podfarm, amplitube, guitar rig, and some free sim and ir plugins here and there, but I'm picky about guitar sounds and not satisfied with any of them.

I'm still reluctant to go into the whole RE thing, because they only work in Reason. But if I did go there, I would want to see some devices for vintage Fender amp type cleans, dirty, and crunch sounds, as well as anything good for bass guitar and acoustic drums, with a MIDI tool for quickly remapping drums. I still remember trying to make use of the Line6 devices, and they were just awful, where Podfarm itself is significantly better, although still lacking badly on Fender type tones. So yea, some really good amp sim (I haven't found a great one yet), a good drum sampler like Addictive Drums or Ezdrummer 2, and a MIDI remapping tool.

siln

08 Feb 2016

http://www.waves.com/plugins/nx?utm_sou ... l-mix-room, would love to see this as a re, Virtual Mix Room Over Headphones ; )

PhutureD

10 Feb 2016

Was gonna suggest the g-sonique products because of simplicty but i see its posted already,
I recommend :
Synth 1
Tal Noizemaker

Creativemind

11 Mar 2016

Dada Life Sausage Fattener
Izotope O-Zone (The Full Mastering Suite)
Korg M1 or Legacy (M1, MS-20, Polysix, Mono/poly, Wavestation and MDE-X)
Lennar Digital Sylenth 2
Native Instruments Massive
ReFX Nexus 2.2

and I know not a VST, but a Propellerhead made Granular Synth with loading of your own grains / samples etc
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

tibah

11 Mar 2016

:mrgreen:

On a more serious note...

gak

12 Mar 2016

rcyaya wrote:
gak wrote:All amp sims. ALL OF THEM. Do it now..........look into my eyes.........

How is the softube stuff? I'm on an older version of Reason, and I haven't tried them. I'm using combinations of podfarm, amplitube, guitar rig, and some free sim and ir plugins here and there, but I'm picky about guitar sounds and not satisfied with any of them.

I'm still reluctant to go into the whole RE thing, because they only work in Reason. But if I did go there, I would want to see some devices for vintage Fender amp type cleans, dirty, and crunch sounds, as well as anything good for bass guitar and acoustic drums, with a MIDI tool for quickly remapping drums. I still remember trying to make use of the Line6 devices, and they were just awful, where Podfarm itself is significantly better, although still lacking badly on Fender type tones. So yea, some really good amp sim (I haven't found a great one yet), a good drum sampler like Addictive Drums or Ezdrummer 2, and a MIDI remapping tool.
Sorry, I missed this when you posted it. The bass sim is good IF you kill the cab and like the direct sound. Very "hi-fi" and flexible. The guitar one is imho AWFUL. It's brittle, inflexible, and even with cab IR's it doesn't sound right.

The kuassa stuff is much much better, but there is a flaw: Weird aliasing with high notes (noticable when bending)

I gave up :lol: I'm using a floor box (like line 6 firehawk) with eq and though it's not super omg perfect, it's plenty good enough. No cpu hit, forces you to play the part and not over tweak ;) and I use fx in reason :)

But I want them all. I want options!!!!!!

Gulale

12 Mar 2016

Or Upgrade the Rv 7000 to fusion IR technology.

You can compare it with the traditional IR and Fusion has more depth and Real sounding. Seriously if Props want to make a difference this will be the one on Reason 9. I have never used the traditional IR ever since I tried the Fusion.
Gulale aka Bereket

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Mar 2016

gak wrote: The bass sim is good IF you kill the cab and like the direct sound. Very "hi-fi" and flexible. The guitar one is imho AWFUL. It's brittle, inflexible, and even with cab IR's it doesn't sound right.

The kuassa stuff is much much better, but there is a flaw: Weird aliasing with high notes (noticable when bending)

I gave up :lol: I'm using a floor box (like line 6 firehawk) with eq and though it's not super omg perfect, it's plenty good enough. No cpu hit, forces you to play the part and not over tweak ;) and I use fx in reason :)

But I want them all. I want options!!!!!!
You're not wrong ;)

No GR is understandable, but it sounds rubbish and isn't missed anyway. But the lack of anyone else porting (IK, looking at you especially!) is a bit baffling.

Having got all three Kuassa's (which do sound good, although I'm not aware of an aliasing problem, but in practice I've not used them enough to find out) and the two Softubes (which are utterly abysmal - any sound you want so long as it's either the boomy** one or the scratchy one. Well, thanks!), I still use PodFarm via the L6 rack devices. All the current options have their limitations, but the removal of PF with no viable alternative is very disappointing. One thing alone makes PF more usable to me - the Drive control.

In the new RE alternatives there's no easy way to internally control drive: you can select a high gain model, but that ends up providing a lot or too much terms of distortion. For low gain models, you can't really drive them so you have too little distortion. So then one always has to additional devices. I prefer the path of least resistance ;)

It is a shame the L6 devices were so misunderstood, and from the start beginning weren't really implemented properly in Record; if they'd been a little bit more generous with the amp/cab combos—with better models than those rather naff default choices—and included at least the miking component, I suspect they'd have been better liked. As it was I get the feeling that for a lot of users they came across as just an advert for buying the full product.

Now if L6 introduced a dedicated RE version - with some kind of x-grade offer to PF owners, I'd be OK with that. But I think that's in the NGH category alongside GR and IK. As it stands now I either don't upgrade to Reason 9, or I'll have to run 8 and 9 depending on whether I need a decent amp or not.

** autocorrect suggested "Bosomy". Yeah, that'd work too :oops: :lol:

Ahornberg

12 Mar 2016

something like https://www.plogue.com/products/alterego/ but sounding like Vocaloid would be real great.

• Information