Crapre 2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Jagwah

06 Apr 2016

Can you guys be serious for five minutes for people considering buying this?

Is CrapRe2 actually crap, or is it crap crap?

Loque

06 Apr 2016

Jagwah wrote:Can you guys be serious for five minutes for people considering buying this?

No one is making jokes here. We are always serious. Stop craping around with crap. Turn to more real, better crap than the old crap. This is in fact Crap 2. Dont buy crap when you can have better crap. Do you want to have crap 2?

Just think about all that gold... It can be sold for doubled price in 1 year.

No, seriously... This is not crap, its Crap 2.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

06 Apr 2016

Loque wrote:
Jagwah wrote:Can you guys be serious for five minutes for people considering buying this?

No one is making jokes here. We are always serious. Stop craping around with crap. Turn to more real, better crap than the old crap. This is in fact Crap 2. Dont buy crap when you can have better crap. Do you want to have crap 2?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or just crap! :twisted:

Libraquaricorn

06 Apr 2016

Jagwah wrote:
Loque wrote:

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or just crap! :twisted:
Seriously, it's a fantastic device for those who love lo-fi coloration in their music. Think audiomatic, think mcdsp's futzbox, think bitcrushers, distortion devices, and even pitch shifters. Crapre 2 is similar but unique AND great. And a total steal at 9 €\$

challism

07 Apr 2016

I love this crappy thing! And $9 is basically a giveaway price. Thanks to Peff and Sonic Charge and Co for getting this crap to us.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pushedbutton

07 Apr 2016

Jagwah wrote:OMG Peff did something!!

@ Pushedbutton does this mean you're finally going to buy another RE? :p
hmmmm... na.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Jagwah

07 Apr 2016

pushedbutton wrote:
Jagwah wrote:OMG Peff did something!!

@ Pushedbutton does this mean you're finally going to buy another RE? :p
hmmmm... na.
That's fair man, it's crap anyway :)

Gaja

07 Apr 2016

If you could please cut all the crap about this crap? I for one almost crapped myself over the thought of installing this crap on my crapple craptop. Ah crap out of funny puns...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Faastwalker

07 Apr 2016

I can honestly say I absolutely love this thing. But take my word for it. Take a Crapre yourself. Hit TRY & feel the Crapre.

dvdrtldg

08 Apr 2016

Has anybody yet said that Crapre 2 is "the shit"? because that would be quite amusing

machinestatic

08 Apr 2016

Rack extension purchased! I bet this will be amazing for synthwave.

Noplan
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2016

I wish that PEFF releases a VST version and that Propellerhead allows VST support, so that i can use Crapre 2 in Reason.

Yonatan

08 Apr 2016

Love the way this RE gives grit and dust to the sounds if dialed properly. Though I notice that it introduces quite some hiss after having it on some instruments and then I have lowest hiss settings. So, I do hope they develop a more sophisticated RE for making coloration but with enough tweaking. The devs could do a Audiomatic/FutzBox-kind of device. In most clean setting, this RE is competent, just wish it had no hiss added to it.
Tried it alongside other coloration-devices and found that it has its place to fill. Hope to see a high end "lofi"/coloration device from them.
They are onto something. It gives vintage character that is needed in the digital cleanliness and when one don't have a lot of outboard gear.

K1TTENM1TTEN

08 Apr 2016

That is highly unlikely to happen, Yonatan, as the first CrapRE never got an update, I doubt this one ever will, and I doubt they would spend the time to make this anything but a "crappy" RE. The devs get to hide the flaws of their RE as a "well, we said it was crap" kind of deal. This RE has serious potential, there could be some very solid applicable uses, but that hiss killed the first one, and it will kill the second. They really need to add a knob to control the hiss. If they did that, I would be so so happy with this RE.

Marco Raaphorst

08 Apr 2016

Killed by hiss
Nice name for a band

Yonatan

08 Apr 2016

"Hiss" in swedish means "Elevator". So bring us a sound coloration RE called Elevator!

Ok, they can let Crap be crap, and release a new one, without any dolphins, kittens or unicorns. But more high end serious tool, maybe in co-operation with PH and include in Reason 9.

K1TTENM1TTEN

08 Apr 2016

Why bother making an entire new one when all they would need to do is make a knob that controls how much "hiss" this RE makes? Simple solution, simple fix. I would much prefer that Peff makes the RE we all bought more usable than make us buy another RE that does the same thing with one added function.

Yonatan

08 Apr 2016

@K1TTENM1TTEN I agree with you if that is all to it. My thought is just in case they have more up their sleeve and want to develop it further with more emulations. I would be happy enough if they take away the hiss completely as an option. Then I would use it so much more in sculpting sounds that are too sterile.

pushedbutton

08 Apr 2016

[*]To clarify on whether this Re is crap or not.
The is the ferrari of crap generation. This Re is a result of a painstaking study of crap and reproduces it at an indistinguishable degree of accuracy.
What goes into a project of this scope is Peffs years of experience in identifying and processing crap and his intimate knowledge ]of the subject matter is possibly unsurpassed on the planet today.
When you think of crap, think of Peff . Peff is possibly the most qualified person on the plant to build this This Re and you can rest assured that his scientific attention to detail has resulted in the best crap generator ever.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one!!!!!!!!onetyeleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!11111eleventyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!![/size]
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2016

I don't think the hiss is a big problem in a full track and in some cases I could see myself loading a Crapre without sound playing through it just to get the hiss. With Audiomatic you have to trigger the sound to get the vinyl hiss, which have actually annoyed me in some cases. As I see it the hiss and the weird things about this device is part of its personality. Take it or leave it.

I posted a Crapre 2 song ealier in this thread where every sound went through a Crapre 2. You can listen there if the hiss is bothering you. In the song there are between 3-7 tracks playing at the same time. Now having said that I did turn all the Crapres off when the instruments weren't playing to not get too much hiss or "pheedback" noise.

I think there's a fine line between listening to customers opinions/suggestions and staying true to the developers vision for a product. Perhaps this device simply isn't for everyone. That's fine. Don't buy it. You already have Audiomatic and FutzBox to choose from. Or just use the noise generator in Thor or something.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 08 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

pushedbutton

08 Apr 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:Killed by hiss
Nice name for a band
Taking the Hiss.

K1TTENM1TTEN

08 Apr 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:I think there's a fine line between listening to customers opinions/suggestions and staying true to the developers vision for a product.
I am not really sure that the line is that thin in this case. Virtually every other function on this RE can either be turned up/down or simply turned off/on. There is not really a reasonable reason that one would not be able to turn up/down/off the "buzzy crap." Developer "vision" or not, it is a simple function that customers have requested, and ultimately the lack of that function leads this RE to be completely inflexible. If a developer won't consider a common suggestion to add true functionality to their product, they truly kill the connection between themselves and their customers. Almost any other developer I have seen would consider such changes; I've seen this from devs like Jiggery-Pokery, Turn2on, That Music Company, Synapse, Skrock, GVXT, and the list goes on and on. It's lack of desire/laziness, not "vision," that keeps this much needed change to this RE.

lowpryo

08 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:I'm confused, does the battery option and the dolphin nr not do what people want?
the voltage/battery selector controls the low-frequency hum that is added (50 or 60Hz). the "Dolphy NR" switch impacts the high frequency tape hiss, although even with the NR turned on, the hiss is only reduced, not eliminated entirely

• Information