PX7 for $49 until 4/24

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jfrichards

20 Apr 2016

Just wanted to highlight this great price for this great synth.

My only issue is why the hell did they make it baby-poop brown?
Attachments
Blue PX7.jpg
Blue PX7.jpg (640.74 KiB) Viewed 2028 times

esselfortium

20 Apr 2016

Good price for anybody who's been thinking about picking it up. I still haven't delved too deeply into programming it, but it comes with a nice collection of very classic-sounding FM synth patches.

The original color scheme works nicely IMO; it's reminiscent of the NN-XT: vivid highlights over a vintage-looking plain brown backdrop. The grayish-blue edit conflicts with the other colors and makes the green and orange highlights fade into the background somewhat, so I can't say I'm a fan of it. PX7 could certainly work with other color schemes, just like any other device could, but what it has is perfectly nice.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

joeyluck

21 Apr 2016

I like the look and color the way it is. Something about your blue version looks hazy or like the device doesn't have app focus (maybe because I'm so used to seeing it the way it is). What I'm looking forward to (if the day ever comes) is the ability to 'hide the programmer' and be able to fold sections within Rack Extensions.

But anyways, this is definitely a must have at this price :)
PX7-hide_programmer.png
PX7-hide_programmer.png (334.99 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Apr 2016

jfrichards wrote: My only issue is why the hell did they make it baby-poop brown?
Blue scheme very cold and this color very agressive on monitors for eyes. PX7 - has eye-saver warm design :puf_wink:
FM-synthez need more time to build patches, and its logical step make color scheme warm, may be its not better for You, but its better for Your eyes 100%

Juan Rosa

21 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:I like the look and color the way it is. Something about your blue version looks hazy or like the device doesn't have app focus (maybe because I'm so used to seeing it the way it is). What I'm looking forward to (if the day ever comes) is the ability to 'hide the programmer' and be able to fold sections within Rack Extensions.

PX7-hide_programmer.png
Real Real Real Great! Sadly Propellerheads never listen their costumers! :puf_unhappy:

Noplan
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2016

Sadly Propellerheads never listen their costumers!
never?

joeyluck

21 Apr 2016

Juan Rosa wrote:
joeyluck wrote:I like the look and color the way it is. Something about your blue version looks hazy or like the device doesn't have app focus (maybe because I'm so used to seeing it the way it is). What I'm looking forward to (if the day ever comes) is the ability to 'hide the programmer' and be able to fold sections within Rack Extensions.

PX7-hide_programmer.png
Real Real Real Great! Sadly Propellerheads never listen their costumers! :puf_unhappy:
I work in theatre and film and I know lots of costumers! :D

I don't believe Propellerhead has any of those :P But who knows what goes on inside PropellerHQ! (Sorry I had to)

As far as customers go, most of all that we have seen added to Reason over the years has been user requests...

normen

21 Apr 2016

jfrichards wrote:My only issue is why the hell did they make it baby-poop brown?
Because the original DX7 was brown?

jfrichards

21 Apr 2016

At least they had the sense to change it. :D

zeebot

21 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:
I work in theatre and film and I know lots of costumers! :D

I don't believe Propellerhead has any of those :P But who knows what goes on inside PropellerHQ! (Sorry I had to)
Looking at that dress I dont think red is Ernst's colour myself but like you said, who knows what goes on? :lol:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Aasmund1986

21 Apr 2016

Woot, I just spendt my payday on Zero. Is it worth having to PX7 too (dont kill me now)?
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

jfrichards

21 Apr 2016

joeyluck wrote:...
I work in theatre and film and I know lots of costumers! :D ...
I like how Ernst found gray PJ's for his horse.
Attachments
swedish fair.png
swedish fair.png (573.93 KiB) Viewed 1907 times

The_G

21 Apr 2016

Hmm...might pick it up at this price. Almost bought it a few months back but ultimately decided it wasn't worth $100 to me (since I already own FM8).
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Aasmund1986

21 Apr 2016

How is FM8 comparing to PX7? Yes, PX7 is legendary, but other than that?
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

lowpryo

21 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:How is FM8 comparing to PX7? Yes, PX7 is legendary, but other than that?
very different. for me, PX-7 is a novelty that i only use if i want those retro DX-7 sounds. and i'll almost always use presets, because it is very cumbersome to program. if you want an FM synth on the level of FM8, that's more intuitive to program (especially for modern sounds), Zero is the way to go

boobytrap

21 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:Woot, I just spendt my payday on Zero. Is it worth having to PX7 too (dont kill me now)?
My answer is N O !. it's a legendary device but it makes horrible funny sound. if you own Zero why would you ? the only reason that I bought this, is 80's DX-7. if you wish to make Growl Bass sounds from PX7, it's only a Dream. I use Thor's FM Pair and it's way better than PX7
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

boobytrap

21 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:How is FM8 comparing to PX7? Yes, PX7 is legendary, but other than that?
PX 7 is a legendary and also history. nothing wrong with that but it's clearly not worth for dubstep or DnB. But FM 8 is a product for modern type music. with some modifications like waveforms and more. if you still make 80's, PX 7 is the man.

Aasmund1986

21 Apr 2016

But dang, its only $49 now. Maybe its this one chance to pick it up at this price.
Reason 10 Intro

joeyluck

21 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:But dang, its only $49 now. Maybe its this one chance to pick it up at this price.
PX7 is one of my favorite synths. It is very capable of awesome sounds aside from the classics.
Be sure to check out the ReFills by Navi Retlav and Nucleus Soundlab. Both have demo ReFills:

http://naviretlav.com/RErefill (scroll down)

http://nucleus-soundlab.com/products/re ... nsion.html

Zero is indeed awesome. FM4 is a CPU hog. PX7 is very efficient with CPU. And PX7 is unique in the sounds it can produce.

boobytrap

21 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:But dang, its only $49 now. Maybe its this one chance to pick it up at this price.
Okay. but eventually you will regret. coz you already own Zero witch like IL Sytrus. trust me, I also did big mistakes when buying things.( not PX 7 )

IF YOU REALLY WANNA SPEND MONEY FOR FM STUFF YOU CAN BUY FM-4.

joeyluck

21 Apr 2016

But keep in mind: people pay this much and more for ReFills.

Even if you aren't into programming it or exploring ReFills for modern PX7 sounds; it offers so much value in the presets it includes and the ability to tweak sounds. Try using the macro controls and just flipping through algorithms on different patches.

You are getting the best DX7 emulation out there with spot on sound. But within the Reason environment where the possibilities are endless. And don't forget the patch converter! :)

Aasmund1986

21 Apr 2016

Im going to try it for a while and see if it get a yes or no :) EDIT: I cant check out in trial mode. Overload? Other Re`s went fine.
Reason 10 Intro

joeyluck

21 Apr 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:Im going to try it for a while and see if it get a yes or no :) EDIT: I cant check out in trial mode. Overload? Other Re`s went fine.
That's the way to go. And be sure to check out those demo ReFills! ;)

Not sure about not being able to check out from the shop...

Aasmund1986

21 Apr 2016

Must be overload, I cant download it.
Reason 10 Intro

• Information