Roland Juno 106 RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
K1TTENM1TTEN

28 Apr 2016

On the note of those Boutique series - How well does it stand up to the original? Obviously it is missing a good chunk of things that the original had, but do they come even close to sounding like the real thing; or do you find them to be Roland's attempt to make a "tribute" to their former synths and capitalizing on the name/concept rather than its actual performance?

mreese80

28 Apr 2016

Softphonics wrote:
joeyluck wrote: I do hope that we one day see a Juno-106 RE and maybe a Jupiter 8 RE as well. I hope Audiorealism someday is the one to deliver :)
Ok but in the mean time while you are waiting for things that have not happened yet, We went to extreme lengths to get these refills right, And we are current and willing to bring new things to Reason. :refill: :!:
Thank you is all i want to say. :thumbs_up: :refill:
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Softphonics

28 Apr 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:On the note of those Boutique series - How well does it stand up to the original? Obviously it is missing a good chunk of things that the original had, but do they come even close to sounding like the real thing; or do you find them to be Roland's attempt to make a "tribute" to their former synths and capitalizing on the name/concept rather than its actual performance?
The boutique's are good. I have not used them that much, I bought them more as collector items. The big annoyance with them is that the knobs and sliders do not transmit CC data. So Automation in USB mode is non existent.
With the sound, It is spot on, terrific job they did with that. The sliders on the Jp08 though are so small that you need smaller hands than mine to do precise live programming...
The refill is as good, or better than the boutique though :mrgreen: :ugeek:
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

CharlyCharlzz

28 Apr 2016

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

mreese80

28 Apr 2016

Softphonics wrote:
joeyluck wrote: I do hope that we one day see a Juno-106 RE and maybe a Jupiter 8 RE as well. I hope Audiorealism someday is the one to deliver :)
Ok but in the mean time while you are waiting for things that have not happened yet, We went to extreme lengths to get these refills right, And we are current and willing to bring new things to Reason. :refill: :!:

Do you guys have a Juno 60 refill also? Just wondering
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Yonatan

29 Apr 2016

Software emulation synths seem to have a more metallic and displeasing sound. Get tired of most of them very fast. Maybe that can be adressed in different ways with EQ etc. But that is my impression. Samples are warmer. The downside to Refill synths is the amount GB taking up storage and Ram, and that you have to tweak with stock devices (dont have to be a bad thing). Great if combine Sample with original emulated hardware filters and effects (chourus/reverb). But again, that might be worse for RAM memory if all is loaded to the rack at once, I supose Refills only load the patches you choose to drag into the Rack...so maybe best is emulating all the hardware features separate, in that way the hardware emulations could easily be used in a myriad of other ways without having to load a bunch of samples.

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2016

Over in VST world, TAL did a freeware version of the Juno 106's cousin the Juno 60, now replaced by their relatively inexpensive commercial version (TAL-U-No-62 and TAL-U-NO-LX respectively). Their LX has the option of up to 12 voice polyphony (or Mono mode), an arpeggiator and a chorus module.
The chorus is available separately as the freeware TAL-Chorus-LX. Although lacking experience with the original Roland devices, I find this chorus to work brilliantly. It's often getting rated highly online.

With Arturia I had activation hassles, due to an eLicenser fault affecting all licenses, with the software claiming that any fresh licenses were already activated. I gave up pursuing it too, as the problematic license cost me next to nothing. Coincidentally, just this week I re-opened the ticket at Arturia. Steinberg eventually had offered a workaround (using my dongle in a different computer). Two quick messages to Arturia, and a newly issued code got me flying. So, although sometimes I have not been hugely thrilled by them, on most occasions I have found their support are not too bad. They did say they were scrapping elicenser for all but a few older products.

This eLicenser problem contributed among others to my decision just to stick with Cubase 7, not to upgrade to Cubase 8. Instead I decided to invest in Reason, something I had been considering for years. I am really glad to have made the move, which I doubt would have happened without this fault, so I guess in this case every cloud has a silver lining!

• Information