Propellerhead May Madness Shop Sale is here

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

22 May 2016

Ammo Calibre Bundle for 23...no comment...
Reason12, Win10

electrochoc (PRX-A)

23 May 2016

Skybot wrote:Was Rough Rider ever on sale? :?
It was during Black Friday 2012, but has never been since then... Audio Damage seems to have more or less abandoned its RE...
Abstrax wrote:Among other things, I snatched up Noxious. It's not mentioned much. Its lighter than I thought it would be on the CPU and seems to have endless possibilities. Anyone else have Noxious? What are you using it for? Any tips or whatever?
At 29$, Noxious is really a good deal! The first versions were hard on CPU, but this has been greatly improved since then, Noxious having been entirely recoded by the developer: there's only some modifiers that will drain more CPU.

I tend myself to use Noxious mainly for strange metallic sounding sounds, bells, "cymbals", but also digital drones, organs (before I got ReVival), etc. I even accidentaly made a patch that sounds like an accordion! It's not really good at making bass sounds (i.e. I never succeded in making good ones with it!), but has some incredible possibilities to make sounds you would not hear from a subtractive synth.

My recommandation would be to play a lot with it, mainly to understand what each modifier is doing to the initial set of partials. The screens showing the partials amplitude and pitch (harmonic or not) are very educative! Keep always an eye on them! And focus on how the Center and Spread knobs (of the modifiers) work: once mastered, this will get you full control of what you are doing. And don't forget to play with the Variation knob: the set of basic oscillators may seem limited, but the Variation knob make their diversity explose!

As for his sound, Noxious has been described as "tin". I somewhat agree: that makes it a synth that will yield better results when used with effects to "enlarge" its sound. I often use a chorus or a reverb to make its sound more "profound" (the Synapse's ones most of the time). This said, I found its sound to be pretty similar to the Malstrom's sound, so I often use these two synths together. They are somewhat in the same "palette"...

I said it was a good deal at 29$... It's more like a steal! This is not a bread and butter synth, its strenghts are very different than those of a subtractive synth, but it definitely add some diversity to anyone's Rack!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Grooq

23 May 2016

Buying many REs with Reason 6.5 is problematic. I am still on R6.5 and will upgrade to R9 next month after the release. However, if I want to buy a RE on this week's sale, e.g. Synchronous, I need to upgrade first. I don't want to bother installing R8 for one month.
If I buy the Reason upgrade now, can I buy any REs without installing Reason 8? Then Reason 9 will be free next month. Am I right? Is there a simpler solution?

Another question? Where are the first versions of the big Rig bundles? Afaik those were cheaper than the current version 2 Rigs, eur149 instead of eur199 (even higher after the sale ends). Have they just disappeared??? WTF.
thx.

Loque

23 May 2016

Grooq wrote:Buying many REs with Reason 6.5 is problematic. I am still on R6.5 and will upgrade to R9 next month after the release. However, if I want to buy a RE on this week's sale, e.g. Synchronous, I need to upgrade first. I don't want to bother installing R8 for one month.
If I buy the Reason upgrade now, can I buy any REs without installing Reason 8? Then Reason 9 will be free next month. Am I right? Is there a simpler solution?

Another question? Where are the first versions of the big Rig bundles? Afaik those were cheaper than the current version 2 Rigs, eur149 instead of eur199 (even higher after the sale ends). Have they just disappeared??? WTF.
thx.
Your first thing seems to me like waste of time.

Your 2nd question: They were replaced, and now you get a few RE more.
Reason12, Win10

decibel

23 May 2016

if you want the current sale prices on RE's that are compatible with later versions of reason, you dont have much choice but to upgrade right now, unless our patient enough to wait until black friday sales later in the year to score some bargains ? the exact things you want might not be up for sale when that time rolls around though ?

Yonatan

23 May 2016

Upgrading Reason nowadays is like making a cup of tea...not as earlier. Upgrading to R8 and R9 soon again is easy and worth if below R7.

joeyluck

23 May 2016

No, you do not need Reason 8/7 installed in order to buy newer Rack Extensions. You only need to have the license in your account. This explains why you can purchase REs from your phone.

Libraquaricorn

23 May 2016

Phu...

I broke the bank and ended up with:

Polar
Ammo400
Decimort 2
Devastor 2
Antidote
TSAR-1R

Not on sale but had to have it anyway:

Jackbox L1M
Jackbox QASIC RZ-i

Skullture

23 May 2016

Picked up more RE's then I actually planned. Damnit :)

kHs One (subtractor XL :))
Disperser (first time sale at half price - matches the VST price which seems fair to me)
Polymodular System (holy crap, this at 25EUR is a massive steal, I love Blamsoft!)
Decimort2 (first sale, and score!)
Distortion Trifecta (tOOb and DC-1, so great)

electrochoc (PRX-A)

23 May 2016

Just to mention it, I think it's the first time ever that I won't buy anything during a RE massive sale... Main reason: I'm still on Reason 6.5, and have pretty much all the SDK 1 REs I already wanted. I was wishing for a sale on Ozone Maximizer, but, since it hasn't happened, I might wait and get it through the Mix & Mastering Rig once I upgrade to Reason 9 or 10... or before at full price if I feel I need it fast!

Abstrax

23 May 2016

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote: At 29$, Noxious is really a good deal! The first versions were hard on CPU, but this has been greatly improved since then, Noxious having been entirely recoded by the developer: there's only some modifiers that will drain more CPU.

I tend myself to use Noxious mainly for strange metallic sounding sounds, bells, "cymbals", but also digital drones, organs (before I got ReVival), etc. I even accidentaly made a patch that sounds like an accordion! It's not really good at making bass sounds (i.e. I never succeded in making good ones with it!), but has some incredible possibilities to make sounds you would not hear from a subtractive synth.

My recommandation would be to play a lot with it, mainly to understand what each modifier is doing to the initial set of partials. The screens showing the partials amplitude and pitch (harmonic or not) are very educative! Keep always an eye on them! And focus on how the Center and Spread knobs (of the modifiers) work: once mastered, this will get you full control of what you are doing. And don't forget to play with the Variation knob: the set of basic oscillators may seem limited, but the Variation knob make their diversity explose!

As for his sound, Noxious has been described as "tin". I somewhat agree: that makes it a synth that will yield better results when used with effects to "enlarge" its sound. I often use a chorus or a reverb to make its sound more "profound" (the Synapse's ones most of the time). This said, I found its sound to be pretty similar to the Malstrom's sound, so I often use these two synths together. They are somewhat in the same "palette"...

I said it was a good deal at 29$... It's more like a steal! This is not a bread and butter synth, its strenghts are very different than those of a subtractive synth, but it definitely add some diversity to anyone's Rack!
Wow thanks for your input. After playing with it over the weekend it seems to get more and more interesting with every attempt. What I find intriguing is how drastic the sound can change with any 1 knob on 1 modifier. Multiplied by 5 modifiers! This thing can spark inspiration.

A cool thing i discovered was splitting the Noxious stereo out into 2 separate mono signals. With a different FX chain on each mono signal, playing with the Width sounds cool. Since the partials are individually panned, the width knob changes the timbre of each FX chain. I suppose we're all in agreement that with a little FX, it can do some cool things.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

24 May 2016

Abstrax wrote:A cool thing i discovered was splitting the Noxious stereo out into 2 separate mono signals. With a different FX chain on each mono signal, playing with the Width sounds cool. Since the partials are individually panned, the width knob changes the timbre of each FX chain. I suppose we're all in agreement that with a little FX, it can do some cool things.
Good find! I didn't knew that the different partials were sent differently in the stereo field when using the Width knob (stereo field, sending left and right at different places and using width knobs in general, are things that I rarely do). I'll have to explore that and experiment! Thanks for the "returned" tip! :D

dvdrtldg

24 May 2016

Abstrax wrote:
A cool thing i discovered was splitting the Noxious stereo out into 2 separate mono signals. With a different FX chain on each mono signal, playing with the Width sounds cool. Since the partials are individually panned, the width knob changes the timbre of each FX chain. I suppose we're all in agreement that with a little FX, it can do some cool things.
Nice - will try that. I love Noxious, it's a bit of an oddball but for weird pads and atmospheres with very little effort it's hard to beat. Every time I sit down with it, I seem to find some cool new sound within the first 60 seconds

alex

24 May 2016

Abstrax wrote: Wow thanks for your input. After playing with it over the weekend it seems to get more and more interesting with every attempt. What I find intriguing is how drastic the sound can change with any 1 knob on 1 modifier. Multiplied by 5 modifiers! This thing can spark inspiration.
Same here. I'm trying it because of the intriguing discount and I'm getting really impressed ...
Abstrax wrote: A cool thing i discovered was splitting the Noxious stereo out into 2 separate mono signals. With a different FX chain on each mono signal, playing with the Width sounds cool. Since the partials are individually panned, the width knob changes the timbre of each FX chain. I suppose we're all in agreement that with a little FX, it can do some cool things.
That is a great idea man and if I'm not wrong it should be also possible with Parsec too! :thumbs_up:
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

geronimo

24 May 2016

Abstrax wrote:Since the partials are individually panned, the width knob changes the timbre of each FX chain. I suppose we're all in agreement that with a little FX, it can do some cool things.
I don't find the Pan command on each Partial part, in the Noxious GUI : would not it the Spread control ?

dvdrtldg

24 May 2016

Quick question: Blamsoft's Polymodular System II is on sale for $25.00

Four days ago, I bought F-16 Filter and Movement Waveform Generator for $38.00

So I'd like to see if I can get the remaining devices thrown in for free, seeing as how I'm so nice and all. Who should I contact - Blamsoft or Props?

Loque

24 May 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:Quick question: Blamsoft's Polymodular System II is on sale for $25.00

So I'd like to see if I can get the remaining devices thrown in for free, seeing as how I'm so nice and all. Who should I contact - Blamsoft or Props?
Blamsoft. Good luck.
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

24 May 2016

It says on the OP that a number of Jiggery Pokery devices are on sale. Yet none of these appear on the May Madness sale page;

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... -sale-2016

EDIT: They are there. Way, way down below the Refill packs. There's a whole bunch of other RE's down there. Just keep on scrolling ;)

Abstrax

25 May 2016

geronimo wrote: I don't find the Pan command on each Partial part, in the Noxious GUI : would not it the Spread control ?
We are talking about the "Width" knob, although with this setup panning can achieve a similar result.
alex wrote: That is a great idea man and if I'm not wrong it should be also possible with Parsec too! :thumbs_up:
Yeah you're right. I suppose we could do that with any stereo synth.
electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote: Good find! I didn't knew that the different partials were sent differently in the stereo field when using the Width knob (stereo field, sending left and right at different places and using width knobs in general, are things that I rarely do). I'll have to explore that and experiment! Thanks for the "returned" tip! :D
No problem. Teamwork makes the dream work. :lol:

dvdrtldg

25 May 2016

Loque wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:Quick question: Blamsoft's Polymodular System II is on sale for $25.00

Blamsoft. Good luck.
They did it! Solid citizens those guys

Nirude

25 May 2016

LOL had to support dem sales and bought me my very first refill.
Antidote Signature ReFill by Soundcells.

OchenK dont have REs in sale? I was thinking about Driver-synth.
3d man.

Loque

25 May 2016

Nirude wrote:LOL had to support dem sales and bought me my very first refill.

As far as i know he doesnt participate on sales. His prices aims fair prices in general.
Reason12, Win10

electrochoc (PRX-A)

25 May 2016

(Double post.)
Last edited by electrochoc (PRX-A) on 27 May 2016, edited 2 times in total.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

25 May 2016

Nirude wrote:LOL had to support dem sales and bought me my very first refill.

Ochen K has as a politics to never make sales, while selling his REs at a low price from the beginning.

kuhliloach

25 May 2016

MannequinRaces wrote:Disappointed there's no AirRaid Audio, Primal Audio, or D16 on here.
Primal Audio I/S has appeared

• Information