RE Request!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marc Swing

24 May 2016

Hey!

Is there any Re developers out there who can create a simple Stereo Expander Rack Extension?

Like this one that can be found in Wavelab.
StereoExpander.jpg
StereoExpander.jpg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Having searched and hope that such a Re would show up but still nothing.
I have also tried Reason own "Mclass Stereo Imager" and think i suck, i think that it destroys and color the sound too much.

So please can any developers out there create a good Stereo Expander?!?!?

I made a video so you can see and hear the FX

Last edited by Marc Swing on 31 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

24 May 2016

I dont know this Wavelab thing, but you can easily create a Haas effekt with DDL or split mid/side with Thor. There is also a stereo splitter for free in the shop. Thus split the stereo into mid/side and level or EQ each of them. Also you can route audio through Malstroem and use its widener. If thats not enough create a binaural panner and use it with Haas and filter or any other stuff. Get creative...

I realy dont see the need for such a RE. A RE 3D sound positioning would be nice imo.
Reason12, Win10

Marc Swing

24 May 2016

But i dont want the "Haas effekt" ala turning mono to stereo or split the stereo "into mid/side" i just want to enhance my stereo field :)

Loque

24 May 2016

Marc Swing wrote:But i dont want the "Haas effekt" ala turning mono to stereo or split the stereo "into mid/side" i just want to enhance my stereo field :)

What does this faboulus slider do? A bit more details would be nice.
Reason12, Win10

Reasonistas
RE Developer

24 May 2016

Yes more details would be helpful, but in the meantime have you tried kiloHearts' Faturator Stereo Turbo?

ImageImage

Exowildebeest

24 May 2016

Loque wrote: A RE 3D sound positioning would be nice imo.
I think there's one in the shop, but I can't remember what is was called or who developed it...

lowpryo

24 May 2016

the Stereo knob in the Faturator is just a Haas effect too as far as I can tell

I'm also really curious what this Wavelab stereo expander does under the hood, and I'd bet it could be replicated in a combinator somehow.

Loque

24 May 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:
Loque wrote: A RE 3D sound positioning would be nice imo.
I think there's one in the shop, but I can't remember what is was called or who developed it...
It is. It uses some kind of Head Tranfer Function stuff. Its called Revolution Virtual Sound, but it should only be hearable in a headset. I can say the effekt on normal speaker is not realy good. It destroyes the presens of the sound, the doppler effekt is awfull and it has big latency thus it introduces phasing if used as send.
I did a quick research and also tried stereo widening with Thor and it works, as it is only phase inversion technique. Everything else is more filtering and stuff and it creates beyond speaker effekts. Maybe this is what the OP wants...
Last edited by Loque on 24 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

Alkua

24 May 2016

What about this
Attachments
m-stereo.68ad6b8e33b4.jpg
m-stereo.68ad6b8e33b4.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 2498 times

Marc Swing

24 May 2016

Well the Stereo Expander works kind of like this plugin but it's more "basic" If some one could create this as a Re it would be even better :)

Loque

24 May 2016

Alkua wrote:What about this
Not the right thing for Marc. Maybe he should use 3 or more atonce...
Reason12, Win10

Marc Swing

24 May 2016

Here is another example

About 0:25 in to the video he testing it on a stereo source.

Marc Swing

24 May 2016

Or kind of this:

02:16 in to the video

Marc64

24 May 2016

On predator you can run stuff thru the fx section and select Stereo Widener.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Loque

24 May 2016

Marc Swing wrote:Or kind of this:

What you are looking for is spatial sound, its kind of HRTF - that means creating the illusion of the sound becomes outside of the box. If done right, you can position the sound in 3D :puf_wink:

The shown addin costs 100$. Would you pay that? Other addins i saw costs up to 500$ and require special licenses.

You could try the following, that is actual in the shop (both use that kind of tequnics):
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -surround/
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... orrection/
Reason12, Win10

Loque

24 May 2016

Marc Swing wrote:Here is another example

About 0:25 in to the video he testing it on a stereo source.
From the manual:
S1 is based on recognized engineering principle...S1 provides the means to readjust the stereo level-balance of a mix...S1 is designed to operate on the spatial aspects
Mid/Side processing, Phase inversion, Hass and binaural techqiues, filter. Maybe additional spatial processing is done. The nice thing is, it does some kind of phase compensation and is mono compatible. I must admit, such a handy interface would be nice.

Regular price is 129$. Would you pay that?
Reason12, Win10

Marc Swing

24 May 2016

If anyone can create a really really good stereo expander that does a really good job and not destroy / color the sound.

I would easily and happily spend like 75 euro or more.

Marc Swing

24 May 2016

Loque wrote:

What you are looking for is spatial sound, its kind of HRTF - that means creating the illusion of the sound becomes outside of the box. If done right, you can position the sound in 3D :puf_wink:

The shown addin costs 100$. Would you pay that? Other addins i saw costs up to 500$ and require special licenses.

You could try the following, that is actual in the shop (both use that kind of tequnics):

WOW!

This one actuly worked out good after a little bit of tweking! :)

Thank you!

But like i sad if somebody makes a really good Stereo Expander with some good features i would gladly pay good money for it!;)

Loque

24 May 2016

Marc Swing wrote:
Loque wrote:

WOW!

Thank you!

But like i sad if somebody makes a really good Stereo Expander with some good features i would gladly pay good money for it!;)
Be carefull using this for widening. This was not intended for this. This also has a quite big latency.
Reason12, Win10

Marc Swing

24 May 2016

Loque wrote:
Marc Swing wrote:
Loque wrote:

WOW!

Thank you!

Be carefull using this for widening. This was not intended for this. This also has a quite big latency.

Yeah i noticed it now and unfortunately it colors the sound quite a lot too :cry:

I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that we'll soon get a good Stereo Expander Re :roll:

Dante

24 May 2016

This is THE BEST :

1) Feed Left side of stereo source directly into the awesome QuadElectra Stereo Splitter (left input).
2) Feed Right side of stereo source to VMG-01
3) Set VMG-01 delay to 40 samples (adjust depending on your sample rate - I'm using 96Khz)
4) Feed VMG-01 output to Stereo Splitter (right input).

On Quadelectra Stereo Splitter set :
1) MID pan full right
2) SIDE pan full left,
3) SIDE delay to 9 o'clock.
4) S.WIDTH fully clockwise (or to taste)

This will work on both MONO OR STEREO sources. In fact where I have double tracked guitars ( 2 x mono tracks) I often drop one of the track and feed the other into this circuit, to get a 'tighter' sound.
best-stereo-widener.jpg
best-stereo-widener.jpg (57.67 KiB) Viewed 2418 times

OverneathTheSkyBridg

26 May 2016

Red Rock Sound RE181 MID SIDE Audio Converter. And its free too!

wishinghand

29 May 2016

ThatMusicCompany's Mr. Overdrive has a widening effect built in.

Marc Swing

31 Jul 2016

I made a video so you can see and hear the FX

• Information