A-List Power Drummer & A-List Classic Drummer in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
shropshirelad

02 Jun 2016

How do these 3 'drummers' compare to the drummer in Logic X? £150 buys you the whole of Logic X, not just the drummers. I like playing in Reason but I'm concerned that we are all being seriously gouged by Propellerhead the whole time. Shouldn't this have been included in Reason 9?

Shokstar

02 Jun 2016

Why we can't have all 3 drummers included into one device?

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

At least one of them by choice should be included. €99 is very much money for only one. €49 should be list price, €99 for 3, according to my reason and logic.
Last edited by Yonatan on 02 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

submonsterz

02 Jun 2016

Shokstar wrote:Why we can't have all 3 drummers included into one device?
lol because three drummer devices equals three times the money instead of one all in device equals only one lot of money.
just think they haven't exhausted the a list drummer revenue yet theres more they could do electronic etc etc.
milk it while its full :).

selig
RE Developer

02 Jun 2016

submonsterz wrote:
lol because three drummer devices equals three times the money instead of one all in device equals only one lot of money.
just think they haven't exhausted the a list drummer revenue yet theres more they could do electronic etc etc.
That doesn't make sense to me - they would certainly charge three times as much if they were all in one - who wants to pay for sounds they wouldn't use? I can't imagine triple the content (and triple the work) costing 1/3 the price…

I see the "ala carte" approach as making the sounds more accessible/affordable, not less.

As to the original question, there wouldn't be enough keys to trigger all the patterns if they were all in a single device. I also can't see them adding more and more samples to the original device, which is what they'd have to do to include all three in one device - what if you felt one of the sample sets wasn't worth the money, you'd still have to pay for all three!
THEN there would be a legitimate claim of "milking it" IMO!!!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

kloeckno

02 Jun 2016

shropshirelad wrote:How do these 3 'drummers' compare to the drummer in Logic X? £150 buys you the whole of Logic X, not just the drummers. I like playing in Reason but I'm concerned that we are all being seriously gouged by Propellerhead the whole time. Shouldn't this have been included in Reason 9?
Logic is subsidized by Apple's hardware sales. Their computers are sort of like very elaborate dongles! But seriously, any other comparable DAW costs closer to $500. And when it was developed by Emagic it was more like $1000. So it was obviously a move to sell more hardware when Apple bought them out and eliminated Windows support.

submonsterz

02 Jun 2016

selig wrote:
submonsterz wrote:
That doesn't make sense to me - they would certainly charge three times as much if they were all in one - who wants to pay for sounds they wouldn't use? I can't imagine triple the content (and triple the work) costing 1/3 the price…

I see the "ala carte" approach as making the sounds more accessible/affordable, not less.

As to the original question, there wouldn't be enough keys to trigger all the patterns if they were all in a single device. I also can't see them adding more and more samples to the original device, which is what they'd have to do to include all three in one device - what if you felt one of the sample sets wasn't worth the money, you'd still have to pay for all three!
people put a high price on what they call hard work now days ehhh ...
that's all I'm saying
maybe people need reality checks in what others do every single day to earn a fraction of what most of these companies make out of the short amount of hours put in ...
so don't try lecture me on hard work I know what real hard work for honest money is obviously people who have never experienced it will never understand or know ehhh.....
in fact not worth arguing with a person who has a status like yours for what ever reason I don't know why.

joeyluck

02 Jun 2016

Each one is well worth the price. But you don't have to own all of them. I like having the flexibility. And they will likely go on sale at some point.
These are very well done. Very high quality and versatile. Lots of people involved in the making of these. And I'm excited about the new features they added by listening to the users. CV out! :D

arqui

02 Jun 2016

selig wrote:
submonsterz wrote:

its use is not complicated if the three devices will join only would more patches to load.
but, I agree to not pay for something that would not use
regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

-008'

02 Jun 2016

I see that the classic drummer is powered by LoopLoft.

I wonder if those are brand new loops or based on their other, already available content ?
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

dvdrtldg

02 Jun 2016

How complicated do the time signatures get on these? e.g. do they have patterns in 7/4, 9/4 etc?

Dante

02 Jun 2016

Glad I didn't buy Studio Drummer based on no power snare. Will now wait for a sale of all 3 drummers and buy Reason 9 in meantime.

Yonatan

02 Jun 2016

My midi keys lacks a mod-wheel and seems its only thing one can use to control the drummer playing softer or harder.
Or any other ways? Some says to put it in a combinator but that takes away the workflow.
I would wish for both a virtual mod- and pitch-wheel right on the device so one can control in realtime or automate them.
Pitch wheel up mutes kick and down mutes the snare. Would be handy to have them visually just as the combinator.
Being without keys, it would be great as well as many of those little 2 octave laptop midi keyboards lacks both modwheel and pitch wheel.
I see the space is tight but it dont have to be animated wheels, could be knob or slider or whatever, maybe along those animated rack screws.
Last edited by Yonatan on 02 Jun 2016, edited 3 times in total.

bpmorton

02 Jun 2016

shropshirelad wrote:How do these 3 'drummers' compare to the drummer in Logic X? £150 buys you the whole of Logic X, not just the drummers. I like playing in Reason but I'm concerned that we are all being seriously gouged by Propellerhead the whole time. Shouldn't this have been included in Reason 9?
Logic X is priced the way it is by Apple because it brings in hardware sales. Hardware sales is where they make up the money they loose selling Logic for less that it should go for.

Dante

02 Jun 2016

I dont think Propellerheads would (or should) base their marketing on what's in Logic X, much less that be a criteria for 'gouging'. You know what the price is before you buy it.

The only gouge might be strategically releasing the Studio Drummer first then not offering an upgrade price (for those that bought the first one) for the 3 way bundle.

Its still our choice to instabuy or wait for sales.... in this case I choose the latter so hopefully to buy the one I want without having to get a bundle to get value.

Overall I've got way more value from sales that what I've lost from instabuying - so I think thats fair !

joeyluck

03 Jun 2016

So much fun! In it's simplest use utilizing the CV outputs controlling an 808 kit with Disperser added:

These are now much more versatile powerhouses for arranging drums in a composition and triggering drums live. Can't wait to dive in more and start mixing kits together! :D

Jagwah

03 Jun 2016

joeyluck wrote:CV Gate Outs! Thanks so much, Peter! :D
What? Where?

joeyluck

03 Jun 2016

Jagwah wrote:
What? Where?
On the back. Where else? Haha

All three have CV outputs now for each individual drum. So now you can trigger the grooves and send them to anything! Above I just sent something to an 808 :)

dvdrtldg

03 Jun 2016

Yeah I think I have to get these. Even being raped with the exchange rate (US to Aust dollars), I'm not sure I can wait for the next sale

Yonatan

03 Jun 2016

Is it only me who cant play Allihopa-embeddings? (Mac Safari)

Aha...so its only a link...

Nice beat...one question:

What do you use Disperser for? I trial it now but cant figure out why I should need it. What is the purpose. Boosting lows got punchy kickdrum (Is that the main usage?), but is that different from using an EQ boost? (sorry being a bit off topic)

stevan

03 Jun 2016

I wrote Propellerheads directly to ask for an upgradeprice from Studio Drummer to Bundle ... still no answer, even so on Facebook ...
I really want them all, but I think too they are overpriced ... would be totally crazy paying 300.-€ for the bundle in my case ...

Peter Gorges

03 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:I got Studio Drummer already ... there should be an upgrade solution to the Pack :(
You're absolutely right! Hold your horses, I'm discussing an upgrade solution with PH. You'll hear from me or them.

Peter Gorges

03 Jun 2016

Grateful to everybody who suggested it. It makes the drummers so much more useful!

Peter Gorges

03 Jun 2016

-008' wrote:I see that the classic drummer is powered by LoopLoft.

I wonder if those are brand new loops or based on their other, already available content ?
Everything has been recorded specifically for that product. No recycling (pardon the pun)!

boobytrap

03 Jun 2016

can somebody tell me about the size of these RE before I download it.. thanks
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

• Information