Vibro Wavetable Synth In the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrochoc (PRX-A)

08 Jun 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:I have this and Nostromo on trial at the moment - gotta say, I'm getting more interesting & unexpected sounds out of this one than Nostromo (and I say that as a huge fan of Lectric Panda devices in general)

Nostromo's great but Vibro is the one I'll be buying this time around. It's a real oddball
Vibro and Nostromo make me sad about not being able to try them (Reason 6.5)... I'm pretty sold to both of them after having watched their videos... They both will be on top of my to-try list when I upgrade!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

hamzter
RE Developer

09 Jun 2016

Hi,
fceramic wrote:Seems like a missed opportunity that you can't mutate patches. You're limited to randomizing and then mutate.
I agree! I'll see what I can do. The simplest option is probably to add a button to the mutator tab where you can copy the current patch settings into the currently selected chromosome.

EDIT: By the way - before someone asks :) - my plan is to add mono legato/retrig and portamento and a couple of new LFO shapes in the next update. If you have any other suggestions for features/tweaks, or if you have cool patches you'd like to include, please let me know! You can reach me here or via http://soundlove.se.

Best regards,
Gustav
LoveOne

decibel

09 Jun 2016

this ones definitely marked down as a future purchase, recent sales and upgrade have kind of struck me down financialy lately, just gotta get back on my feet a bit before any new purchases :)

* not that its a huge deal ? but have you considered expanding the inner screen space ? theres a lot of vacant real estate on this device yeah ;) lol, its kind of charming but i cant help wonder what else you could add on the screen ? or if things already on the display could be given some extra breathing space ? like i said, no big deal really, i understand how time consuming i is to arrange and design these kind of layouts, its just my imagination gets triggered when looking at unusual devices like this ;)
Last edited by decibel on 10 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

hamzter
RE Developer

09 Jun 2016

Hi!
decibel wrote:but have you considered expanding the inner screen space ? theres a lot of vacant real estate on this device yeah ;)
The main reason for putting the GUI inside a single display was that I was getting tired of scrolling up and down when programming complex RE:s (a 9U device won't fit on my old 13" MacBook display with the sequencer or mixer panel open) and I was suspecting that other people were getting tired of that too. So one design constraint I set myself was to not go above 4U. I did experiment with a wider display to give myself more space but I thought it looked ridiculous! :)

That said, I may very well end up adding some feature that makes me run out of space inside the display. If that happens, I guess I'll have to make it wider anyway.

Best regards,
Gustav

moneykube

09 Jun 2016

hamzter wrote:Hi,
fceramic wrote:Seems like a missed opportunity that you can't mutate patches. You're limited to randomizing and then mutate.
I agree! I'll see what I can do. The simplest option is probably to add a button to the mutator tab where you can copy the current patch settings into the currently selected chromosome.

EDIT: By the way - before someone asks :) - my plan is to add mono legato/retrig and portamento and a couple of new LFO shapes in the next update. If you have any other suggestions for features/tweaks, or if you have cool patches you'd like to include, please let me know! You can reach me here or via http://soundlove.se.

Best regards,
Gustav
LoveOne
wow... that is exciting... making a great re even better...looking forward to any tweaks!!!! :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

fceramic

09 Jun 2016

I would also make the default level setting lower as it currently is clipping when you press down more than one key. Adding an output limited could be a workaround, especially handy when you have patch randomization. Currently I place a Tape Scream after it which does a descent job at clipping hot signals.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2016

This is one weird sounding RE, not exactly a go to synth, which I'm sure is not the point anyway.
I don't know how I feel about it. It's pretty ear piercing, very metallic and shrill sounding but it offers something unique for sure.

Seems like it would be great for creating horror music and weird sound effects, I'm just not sure how often I'll load up a synth like this to write a horror song.

Adding Crapre 2 as an effect on most presets made most sounds better to me. It took away some of the irritating high frequencies and made it sound even more like an old B-horror movie :)

I'll have to think about this one.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 11 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

challism

10 Jun 2016

You could also try using one of the two built in filters to cut some of the high frequencies. Throw a low pass filter on that bad boy.

I think it is capable of making some really interesting sounds.... have you tried the mutate/random feature yet?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2016

challism wrote:You could also try using one of the two built in filters to cut some of the high frequencies. Throw a low pass filter on that bad boy.

I think it is capable of making some really interesting sounds.... have you tried the mutate/random feature yet?
I tried the low pass filter in the SSL EQ, but I preferred the sound of adding Crapre 2, just warmed up the sound nicer imo. Also the wobble effect on Crapre can really make sounds come to life and sound less stale.

Yes I tried the random/mutate feature. That's a nice feature for sure.

The synth has its qualities and its own character. The question is, how often will I reach for this synth in my normal music making? Probably not very often. I have a lot of REs to learn and play with already, so I'm trying my best not to buy more stuff unless I really will use it.

I'm also trialing Nostromo right now. And pretty soon Spectra will hit the shop aswell. Can't just impulse buy every toy there is you know :)

Faastwalker

10 Jun 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:I'm also trialing Nostromo right now. And pretty soon Spectra will hit the shop aswell.
Amazing that we've had two new synths both using additive style synthesis, with a third on the way, all within a very short space of time. Probably bad timing for the developers as I suspect not many people will end up buying all three. How Many people are holding out for Spectra before pulling the trigger on Vectro or Nostromo? Maybe the Spectra developer should consider renaming to 'Spectro' then all three devs can get together to create the 'Big Synth O' bundle with Vectro, Nostromo and Spectro :D

Yonatan

11 Jun 2016

You synth enthusiasts really have tough days ahead. ;-)
I havent explored Parsec and Antidote enough, not to mentioning the native synths.
We really got some nice collection in the shop to trial and choose from. Keeping an eye on Vector still.

And slowly other instruments start to catch up a bit too. Good days ahead!
Only limit is the sky...or wallet.

ohmygoff

11 Jun 2016

challism wrote:Try a random patch.... I'll bet you will "LOVE ONE"
In fact, the one thing that keeps me from actually buying is that I don't really understand how the randomization works.

Working with an existing patch doesn't work that good for me - when I load a patch, I have to mutate it first, before I can do anything else. But then I've already lost my starting point... (edit: as I've seen from an earlier post, this seems to be by design, so a feature request for me would be: "let me mutate patches"...)

When I randomize from scratch - how do I save the results? What, in fact, >are< the results? When I go back to the main page, which of the chromosomes is active, which will be saved as a patch etc...?

A little more info in that would make me press the "buy" button instantly... ;)

dvdrtldg

11 Jun 2016

Amazing synth, perfect balance of simplicity and depth. I use a lot of drones & pad sounds, and this is perfect for me

challism

12 Jun 2016

ohmygoff wrote:
challism wrote:Try a random patch.... I'll bet you will "LOVE ONE"
In fact, the one thing that keeps me from actually buying is that I don't really understand how the randomization works.

Working with an existing patch doesn't work that good for me - when I load a patch, I have to mutate it first, before I can do anything else. But then I've already lost my starting point... (edit: as I've seen from an earlier post, this seems to be by design, so a feature request for me would be: "let me mutate patches"...)

When I randomize from scratch - how do I save the results? What, in fact, >are< the results? When I go back to the main page, which of the chromosomes is active, which will be saved as a patch etc...?

A little more info in that would make me press the "buy" button instantly... ;)
Have you read the manual? It explains it pretty well, I think. Also, there is a help section to read on the device itself. Click on the mutator tab, then the help submenu.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ohmygoff

12 Jun 2016

[quote="challism"
Have you read the manual? [/quote]

Well, um.. I did. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me anything about things like "How do I save Chromosome 3 as my new patch", "Is it possible to move Chromosome 2 to slot A", "Is my new patch chromosome B, and what if I'd like one of the other slots to be it instead". At the moment my guess is that I take the activated slot with me when I switch to the oscilalltor page, and that becomes my new patch (until I move back to the Mutator page again, because that kills all the edits I just made on the main page...)

moneykube

12 Jun 2016

To create a new random chromosome, press the RANDOMIZE button next to one of the slots. Note that this will modify Vibro’s controls so if you are in the middle of creating a patch, do not forget to save your patch first! (You can also use Reason’s undo function to revert changes made with the patch mutator.) The bar chart on the right is a representation of the random control values that the chromosome contains.

the patch you save is the slot you select... saves all other slots as well

"Is it possible to move Chromosome 2 to slot A"?.... don't think you can presently but may be wrong

ohmygoff

12 Jun 2016

moneykube wrote:the patch you save is the slot you select... saves all other slots as well
Now that's something I'd like to read in the manual... ;)

Libraquaricorn

12 Jun 2016

There, I just bought it. The only LoveOne device I don't own now is Phonetic, which is too limited and narrow in scope for my purposes. I would love to see a more versatile version 2 though...

hamzter
RE Developer

13 Jun 2016

Hi,
ohmygoff wrote:(edit: as I've seen from an earlier post, this seems to be by design, so a feature request for me would be: "let me mutate patches"...)
The plan is to include this in a free update together with mono/retrig/legato mode and a couple of more LFO shapes. Don't have an ETA yet, unfortunately.

Best,
Gustav
LoveOne

hamzter
RE Developer

13 Jun 2016

Hi!
Libraquaricorn wrote:There, I just bought it.
Thank you! :puf_smile:
Libraquaricorn wrote:The only LoveOne device I don't own now is Phonetic, which is too limited and narrow in scope for my purposes. I would love to see a more versatile version 2 though...
If you have any suggestions for what an update could include, I'd love to hear them! You can reach me here or via http://soundlove.se.

Best regards,
Gustav
LoveOne

FGL

14 Jun 2016

Hi, first Gratulation for this really new Synth, very new concept as ever and very nice Sounds. Impressiv work.

I tryed this today. But I am also into Beta so please can someone confirm some problem I run into.
I tried a BZR with it and tried to alter the sound via CV, but without any luck. Do the CV in Slots work? I linked CV up to three Parameters but I don't hear any changes.
Music:
My Songs on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@FGLucas-wj1eg.
My Songs on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/frank-georg-lucas.

hamzter
RE Developer

14 Jun 2016

FGL wrote:Hi, first Gratulation for this really new Synth, very new concept as ever and very nice Sounds. Impressiv work.
Thank you!
FGL wrote:I tried a BZR with it and tried to alter the sound via CV, but without any luck. Do the CV in Slots work? I linked CV up to three Parameters but I don't hear any changes.
I'm afraid I cannot reproduce this problem: I can successfully get a BZR-1 to modulate the pitch of an oscillator in Vibro.

Have you checked that the modulation slot in Vibro is turned on and that the amount setting is non-zero? Also, check that the CV input trim knob (on the back panel) is set to 100%.

Best regards,
Gustav

FGL

14 Jun 2016

Problem solved. It seems I have tried to trigger 3 Parameters that do next to nothing. After altering the targets I see it works like expected. Thanks for looking into it.
Music:
My Songs on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@FGLucas-wj1eg.
My Songs on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/frank-georg-lucas.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2016

I don't think I've ever been so confused by a synth before, not by the technical aspect of it, but how I feel about it.

By itself I actually don't like the sound it produces, too sharp and irritating. But with some processing like Crapre 2, Audiomatic, filtering, distortion, additional reverb, it's kind of nice sounding, especially if you're going for warm lo fi sounds.
And it does offer something different.

Hmm... I'll probably play with it for the rest of the trial period. Maybe I'll buy it several months from now when I want a new toy in my rack.

moneykube

27 Jun 2016

update with new sounds coming in the future.... date unknown....

• Information