Spectre is in the Shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

15 Jun 2016

Hi,

I've just pushed our new device—Spectre—to the Prop Shop: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ral-delay/
Product Page wrote:Spectre is Reason’s first spectral delay. Built on a robust FFT engine, it features 48 groups of frequency bands, each with its own Delay Time and Delay Feedback controls; 6 macro controls; a freely-assignable Envelope Follower; stereo CV inputs (compatible with Elements DS-LFO); and a host of never-before-seen features such as “Delay Smear”, “Spectrum Wrap” and recursive FFT frequency shifting.

While technically a delay, Spectre is a truly unique device, and the new go-to for otherworldly special effects
Spectre MAIN.jpg
Spectre MAIN.jpg (182.24 KiB) Viewed 2620 times
I look forward to hearing what madness you guys will unleash with it :D

Cheers,

Dom
Last edited by AirRaidAudio on 15 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

tibah

15 Jun 2016

Hurray! :) A device I was looking forward to since the Reasonistas interview. Not shown in the new arrivals yet.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ral-delay/

There it is. :D

decibel

15 Jun 2016

sick ;) can see this coming in handy

Faastwalker

15 Jun 2016

Been waiting for this one & here it. Looking forward to seeing & hearing what this one is all about.

Looks extremely interesting. It's going to be a very long night ;)

boobytrap

15 Jun 2016

Well designed ! Nice ..
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Skullture

15 Jun 2016

So stoked for this one, this deserves a meme

Faastwalker

15 Jun 2016

Ooooh, this is bonkers. Love it. Will be buyng ASAP.

Libraquaricorn

15 Jun 2016

I crave this instantly, but since I allready have Echobode, Polar, Uhbik G and Neutron; do I really need it?

Arrant
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2016

Oh my look at those CGA graphics :geek:

Sinistereo

15 Jun 2016

I really like the UI. Nice design!

tibah

15 Jun 2016

Libraquaricorn wrote:I crave this instantly, but since I allready have Echobode, Polar, Uhbik G and Neutron; do I really need it?
What do we actually need nowadays from the shop, with all the gizmos we already have. ;) Difficult one for sure.

On a different note - they all sound different, or have different approaches to achieve their sound. Echobode is such a vast device. The VST version actually offers the "smear" that can be found in Spectre, allowing it to also do kinda reverb-ish effects, so maybe that would be closer to compare than the RE for now. Polar is a totally different beast, since it's a pitch shifter and the buffer lock offers a different sound. Uhbik G is my favorite for all kinds of sound mangling and it's also based on FFT, so they might be the closest in comparison and Neutron, is that odd beast you learn to love every time you use it, but still wonder what it actually does, even after reading the manual.

Now Spectre is still to learn and I will see where the trial takes me. Some unusual sounds for sure, but you still get that it's Spectre. Still have to get the controls right. Just had this almost endless sound going on some minutes ago. Somewhere between pleasingly surprised and confused. Which is probably what you want to get with that kind of effect. ;)

Yonatan

15 Jun 2016

Looks as an interesting creative delay fx. Worth trying.

Libraquaricorn

15 Jun 2016

tibah wrote:
Libraquaricorn wrote:I crave this instantly, but since I allready have Echobode, Polar, Uhbik G and Neutron; do I really need it?
What do we actually need nowadays from the shop, with all the gizmos we already have. ;) Difficult one for sure.

On a different note - they all sound different, or have different approaches to achieve their sound. Echobode is such a vast device. The VST version actually offers the "smear" that can be found in Spectre, allowing it to also do kinda reverb-ish effects, so maybe that would be closer to compare than the RE for now. Polar is a totally different beast, since it's a pitch shifter and the buffer lock offers a different sound. Uhbik G is my favorite for all kinds of sound mangling and it's also based on FFT, so they might be the closest in comparison and Neutron, is that odd beast you learn to love every time you use it, but still wonder what it actually does, even after reading the manual.

Now Spectre is still to learn and I will see where the trial takes me. Some unusual sounds for sure, but you still get that it's Spectre. Still have to get the controls right. Just had this almost endless sound going on some minutes ago. Somewhere between pleasingly surprised and confused. Which is probably what you want to get with that kind of effect. ;)
Good answer, thank you! Well, this is just my kind of device. I love it when surprising things happen, in music anyway. I have it on trial as well and look forward to trying to understand how it works and what it can do. It's a good sign that the developer expect us to unleash madness with it :D

I really like the Elements series and I see how this device is somewhat related to those and that is very promising.

stevan

15 Jun 2016

...nice, but unfortunately a latency monster .

platzangst

15 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:...nice, but unfortunately a latency monster .
AirRaidAudio wrote:Spectre is Reason’s first spectral delay.

Majestik Monkey

15 Jun 2016

Spectra , Very nice indeed ' :thumbs_up:

I have Relapse ! which imho is as versatile as Spectra ' if not more along with all the spacy Metallic's :puf_bigsmile:

Exowildebeest

15 Jun 2016

Too many cool RE's are coming out... This one is definitely unique!

Faastwalker

15 Jun 2016

Libraquaricorn wrote:I crave this instantly, but since I already have Echobode, Polar, Uhbik G and Neutron; do I really need it?
I thought the same thing then came to the conclusion, 'this is new & I want new toys'. We're all just big kids at heart, hopefully! Buying ASAP. I'm having a lot of fun with this thing. Can I achieve similar results with other devices available in the Rack? Maybe. But this misses the point for me (see previous comment about 'new' stuff). I'm a sucker for these kind of creative FX as well. For me they are the most interesting type of Rack Extensions so this one does particularly stand out.

Faastwalker

15 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:...nice, but unfortunately a latency monster .
:shock: Well, it is a delay. I guess it's somewhat reasonable to expect a little delay! Excuse my ignorance. I'm a little fuzzy on the whole latency issue. I don't see it as a big problem. Problems that can be heard can be fixed. We have the tools to do this & it's not hard. Compared to what I was using when I first dipped my toes into all this stuff latency is like a birthday present!

electrochoc (PRX-A)

15 Jun 2016

Faastwalker wrote:I'm a sucker for these kind of creative FX as well. For me they are the most interesting type of Rack Extensions so this one does particularly stand out.
For me too! I can't try Spectre right now, but I've listened to the demos, and this is one of the most exciting creative effects released recently! Very high on my to-try list!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2016

This is a pretty cool device and I am getting sorely tempted.

One thing I think I may want is H & V Shifts WITHIN the Feedback path (like the Frq Shift). Maybe not useful/practical.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

decibel

16 Jun 2016

the list of things i want but cant afford grows bigger again,, and that other new synth should be hitting the shop soon also.
i keep thinking i have more then enough to get the results i need, but then developers keep taunting me with fancy gizmos like this, its a vicious circle eh :)

platzangst

16 Jun 2016

decibel wrote:and that other new synth should be hitting the shop soon also.
The first time I saw this thread, I thought that's what it was. Spectre, Spectra...

Faastwalker

16 Jun 2016

platzangst wrote:
decibel wrote:and that other new synth should be hitting the shop soon also.
The first time I saw this thread, I thought that's what it was. Spectre, Spectra...
Same here. And I was expecting Spectro any time ...... I mean Spectre, no Spectra! :?

decibel

16 Jun 2016

yeah the name thing is a bit confusing eh ? i bet they they would both sound nasty as fuck teamed up with one another ? :)

• Information