A-List Power Drummer & A-List Classic Drummer in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
stevan

10 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:I wrote Propellerheads directly to ask for an upgradeprice from Studio Drummer to Bundle ... still no answer, even so on Facebook ...
I really want them all, but I think too they are overpriced ... would be totally crazy paying 300.-€ for the bundle in my case ...
Again: Hearing you. Discussed directly with our friends at Propellerhead and agreed that there will be an upgrade offer for owners of Studio Drummer next week.
... wich next week do you meant ? :puf_wink:

Peter Gorges

10 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:I wrote Propellerheads directly to ask for an upgradeprice from Studio Drummer to Bundle ... still no answer, even so on Facebook ...
I really want them all, but I think too they are overpriced ... would be totally crazy paying 300.-€ for the bundle in my case ...
Again: Hearing you. Discussed directly with our friends at Propellerhead and agreed that there will be an upgrade offer for owners of Studio Drummer next week.
PH is working on it!

stevan

10 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
Thanx ! btw, it's somehow funny (and very nice too) how all these "vintage" VST's from Wizoo / Steinberg times comin' back , now into Reason ... isn't hard to guess what's comin' next ;)

Zac

14 Jun 2016

I'm really enjoying using the CV outs of the Studio Drummer to trigger other drum machines. The thing is my PC only has 4Gb of RAM and in one song it's getting to 95-98% usage which causes problems. Is there any chance that an update could include a way to NOT load the samples and only use it as a CV out trigger? It's a long shot I'm sure but no harm in asking. Thanks for these inspiring devices :)

stevan

17 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
... it must be very complicated , they're still working :lol:

Peter Gorges

17 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
Erm ... you're totally right. Let me ping them again and see what's happening. It IS very complicated because they actually have to test a new mechanism.

stevan

17 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
Erm ... you're totally right. Let me ping them again and see what's happening. It IS very complicated because they actually have to test a new mechanism.
... That explain it a lil'bit ... find ich toll dass du dich hier persönlich einsetzt, danke dafür ! :)

Peter Gorges

17 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
... That explain it a lil'bit ... find ich toll dass du dich hier persönlich einsetzt, danke dafür ! :)
Danke, Stevan! Back to english so everybody can follow us: I just got news from PH that they hit a dead end - they can't hack the shop platform enough to make this work. We are looking for solutions. Sorry for no better news, and sorry for me making a half-promise that I didn't keep. I'll do better next time, and I promise we're working on this!

stevan

17 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
Danke, Stevan! Back to english so everybody can follow us: I just got news from PH that they hit a dead end - they can't hack the shop platform enough to make this work. We are looking for solutions. Sorry for no better news, and sorry for me making a half-promise that I didn't keep. I'll do better next time, and I promise we're working on this!
...ok ok, as I said before - many thanx for your Input ! Maybe a voucher for one of these new Drummers and everything would be fine ... anyway,
it's somehow hard to understand for an outsider that it's so complicated ;)

Peter Gorges

17 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
...ok ok, as I said before - many thanx for your Input ! Maybe a voucher for one of these new Drummers and everything would be fine ... anyway,
It's hard for insiders as well ;)

PH got back. We know as much as there will be an offer for owners of the current Studio Drummer soon (until then, people can use the trials)!. I'll be more cautious with any announcements, more next week!

stevan

17 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
Peter Gorges wrote:
PH is working on it!
It's hard for insiders as well ;)

PH got back. We know as much as there will be an offer for owners of the current Studio Drummer soon (until then, people can use the trials)!. I'll be more cautious with any announcements, more next week!
Vielen Dank Peter and have a nice weekend ! :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

gullum

23 Jun 2016

got an email with voucher codes for power and classic drummer so have completed the bundle :D happy reasoner here R9 and lots of new drum sounds next is StringWERK & ProjectSAM Orchestral Sampler and I'm good to go until black friday

Yonatan

24 Jun 2016

Congrats! Sounds like a lot of fun awaits you. Let us know your opinions of the different RE:s. Someday soon I will want them all!

stevan

25 Jun 2016

gullum wrote:got an email with voucher codes for power and classic drummer so have completed the bundle :D happy reasoner here R9 and lots of new drum sounds next is StringWERK & ProjectSAM Orchestral Sampler and I'm good to go until black friday
...nice for you, I hope they dont forget me, asking since weeks for that ... :roll:

Peter Gorges

26 Jun 2016

stevan wrote:
gullum wrote:got an email with voucher codes for power and classic drummer so have completed the bundle :D happy reasoner here R9 and lots of new drum sounds next is StringWERK & ProjectSAM Orchestral Sampler and I'm good to go until black friday
...nice for you, I hope they dont forget me, asking since weeks for that ... :roll:
To my knowledge, every buyer of Studio Drummer should have received the voucher codes by now. If you haven't, I suggest making sure it's not in your spam folder, and then checking with Propellerhead support, they should be able to help you out.

Thanks for bringing this idea up, guys, also kudos to our friends at PH to making it possible while cranking out a Reason release!

stevan

26 Jun 2016

Peter Gorges wrote:
stevan wrote:
To my knowledge, every buyer of Studio Drummer should have received the voucher codes by now. If you haven't, I suggest making sure it's not in your spam folder, and then checking with Propellerhead support, they should be able to help you out.

Thanks for bringing this idea up, guys, also kudos to our friends at PH to making it possible while cranking out a Reason release!
Oh man, why does it always rain on me ' thanx man ... :-)

... I checked every folder and all my bins, got no Voucher Code from the PHsHQ...

ShawnG

26 Jun 2016

I didn't get the e-mail either, contacting support. maybe because I didn't opt in to registration emails for my RE's?

stevan

28 Jun 2016

:thumbs_down: so, my 30 day trial licence ends in few days and I still got no voucher code, not even a simple answer on all my mails ... whatsoever, I had enough of that begging , just deleted the two new drummers ... live goes on without them

Belltunes

29 Jun 2016

I own A-List Studio Drummer. No emails sent to me with voucher offer. Nothing in my spam folder.

ShawnG

29 Jun 2016

I contacted them about it last week, rec'd email today. they may be backlogged from the new release

ShawnG

03 Jul 2016

Ok, I just tried to redeem the codes, and neither of them work. emailed support. very frustrating :(

stevan

11 Jul 2016

"nice" to hear that I'm not alone with this A-List Drummer Dilemma ... I got my Codes (10 days back), then I tried to purchase but they don't accept my creditcard, but everything is fine with it, no other store had problems with my card , ok - lets do it with PayPal - eeeeeek - no chance didn't work for me too- result: now my codes doesn't work any longer ... I mailed and get the info that my codes are reactivated - that was not the case ... me now back at the beginning, wroting mails, waiting, begging ... it's really ridiculous, I've never experienced such a worse thing with Propellerheads :thumbs_down:

It's exact what not should happen - I starting to dislike the A-List Drummers because of that trouble I got to purchase them ... :roll:

update: problem partially solved ... got new codes , one worked , one didn't ... card is now accepted ...

Daylate

05 Aug 2016

i bought this bundle when i was over excited. these drums sound like absolute garbage. i cant even use them there so weak. just horrible i wish i could get my money back

geronimo

05 Aug 2016

Sorry but demo-version are helpfull . :oops:
But I agree: nothing extraordinary in these three Rack Extensions. :puf_unhappy:

Yonatan

06 Aug 2016

Daylate wrote:i bought this bundle when i was over excited. these drums sound like absolute garbage. i cant even use them there so weak. just horrible i wish i could get my money back
I would not agree that they are useless. Sorry to hear you feel so. What exactly is it that make you feel so? Can you sort it out, what is missing?
I have not bought them but tested them randomly, not super deep. What I can recall I might find most use of the first one. But I won't buy until it is in a sale.

1) My main hesitations is the somewhat limited velocity and multisample feel to the sounds. Would wish for more natural variation for the music that I often do. This is not a problem for some genres though. I don't only mean the midi-auto-play, but also the core sounds when programming myself.
2) Lack of the available pre made midi to be editable in the sequencer.
3) The mod-wheel to control the overall drumming velocity, does not compare to the Drummer in Logic which actually have different intensity and playing sounds when changing its playing style gradually from soft to hard.

I love the individual outputs and one surely can get good mixes out of these RE:s. But they are not as versatile in its use to replace the drums I already have since earlier, from Reason Drums 2, Drumdrops refills, BDF Core/Jazz. The A-list feel as ok complements if a lot cheaper, but not the "must have" as I had hoped. Had there been more care for the details and other ways to edit the midi, it could have been a game changer.

But probably that would have taken it to be more of a new Drum Engine inside Reason as standard, but with expandable libraries with kits and midi to buy.

That said, these are not at all bad imo, they are just not right where my needs are, not to be worth spending €99. And the core reason is that I still with the limitations, have to tweak and do lot of work to get them more natural sounding. And then I can use multivelocity/sampled drums I already have got and instead get additional midi-files to tweak. But I am quite sure I will one day end up with at least one of these anyway, hard to get enough of drum options.
They are quick and handy for more advanced songwriting than to use Dr. Octorex. And they are enough good sounding to make it all the way too.
So those not having a lot of drums already, it might be worth to buy them. So it depends from person to person.

If there are any plans to make say a more acoustic A-list Jazzdrummer or percussionist or other similar, I hope they put the goal to make it to the same standard as the best that is out there when it comes to subtleness, natural variations, velocity responses and the multisamling technique.
Then I would buy it, even if the midi is a bit trapped in current format.
Last edited by Yonatan on 06 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

• Information