Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
synaptyx

17 Jun 2016

And one from me. Good luck, guys! :D

Mnn, I'm having trouble adding it to the group page, too. :/ It says added, but when I refresh the group, it's not there and when I refresh my groups list, added has disappeared.

Since Reason 1

tibah

17 Jun 2016

synaptyx wrote: Mnn, I'm having trouble adding it to the group page, too. :/ It says added, but when I refresh the group, it's not there and when I refresh my groups list, added has disappeared.
Yes. The group at one point changed to "moderated", which means one of the 2 moderators of the group, Noel or Rob, has to accept the submission to the group. :) Just click "add" once and wait.

stratatonic

17 Jun 2016

tibah wrote:
synaptyx wrote: Mnn, I'm having trouble adding it to the group page, too. :/ It says added, but when I refresh the group, it's not there and when I refresh my groups list, added has disappeared.
Yes. The group at one point changed to "moderated", which means one of the 2 moderators of the group, Noel or Rob, has to accept the submission to the group. :) Just click "add" once and wait.
Ahh...ok thanks for the clarification :)

synaptyx

17 Jun 2016

stratatonic wrote:
tibah wrote:
Ahhh Oops! lol :) Thanks guys. :D

Since Reason 1

Electric-Metal

17 Jun 2016

Is this a Song challenge or "june Album writing month". Just wondering, keep it going, peeps :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Reasonistas
RE Developer

17 Jun 2016

synaptyx wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
tibah wrote:
I check the SC group 3 times a day for songs waiting to be approved. You guys are all set now. Thanks for entering.
ImageImage

stratatonic

18 Jun 2016

Noel G. wrote:
synaptyx wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
tibah wrote:
I check the SC group 3 times a day for songs waiting to be approved. You guys are all set now. Thanks for entering.
Yes, it was a while since I last did one of these...I was putting the URL of the song in the entry to the group field as well!... :redface:

Buddaka

18 Jun 2016

Hi, finally managed to finish my track, had lots of fun making this one. Enjoy :)

Zac

18 Jun 2016

Here's my entry... I've had great fun with this comp both playing and listening :D The title comes from the filename... I never needed a two ;)

Loque

20 Jun 2016

Ok, here is my track. Its something like trance-pop. Any comments welcome.

Was a bit tricky to avoid every synth, because Thor is in so many effects as processor or effects unit and some of the Nostromo combinators have other synths in it. But finally it was interesting to make something without all my other RE. Now i know, why i have them :lol:
Reason12, Win10

Loque

20 Jun 2016

I am still playing around with this synth and i think, the provided patches are missing a lot, that this synth seem to be able to do. Maybe its a bit hard to get there. So i just tried a 303 like sound as i heard from one of the songs here. Here is the patch, have fun.
Attachments
nostromo acid.zip
(5.31 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Reason12, Win10

frog974new

20 Jun 2016

an other idea today ..
i've listen some tracks on soundcloud ...damn too many goods sounds .
An other contest with great submission

WongoTheSane

20 Jun 2016

Loque wrote:I am still playing around with this synth and i think, the provided patches are missing a lot, that this synth seem to be able to do. Maybe its a bit hard to get there. So i just tried a 303 like sound as i heard from one of the songs here. Here is the patch, have fun.
This might be the right time to remind everyone that there's a Contributions folder in Nostromo's refill, and that you are welcome to send your own sounds to Lectric Panda for inclusion in the next updates.

I've been lucky enough to be a beta-tester, and now I've got my own folder with my own name in the refill and my own sounds in it: it's incredibly convenient! Instead of having the default refill on one hand and my own patches on the other, everything is in one place.

So if you're making good patches (for this competition or otherwise), instead of keeping them to yourselves, send them to the Panda to share them with everyone else. Fame! Convenience! Bragging rights! :D

From the manual:

Lectric Panda wants to fill the Contributions section of the soundbank with your patches! If you have some you would like to submit, please follow these guidelines:
● Normalize all patch levels to 12db
● Name all patches using spaces between words and capitalizing the first letter, for example: Rocket Pineapple Bathtub Party.repatch
● Combinators should only contain Nostromo and Reason stock devices, no other Rack Extensions.
● Put patches in zip file with the directory structure you want (if any).
● Provide your handle/name for your directory under Contributions.
● Send to patches@lectricpanda.com with the subject “Nostromo Patches”

Just a clarification on the first point: a single note (for monophonic patches) or 4/5 notes played at the same time (for polyphonic patches), played at MAX velocity, should peak at -12dB. This is to ensure that when trying various patches, their level is even (this is a PH guideline, as detailed by Selig in a previous thread).

Troyvasanth

21 Jun 2016

Hi guys just added this please check it out. Comments and criticisms are welcome. All the best.

Last edited by Troyvasanth on 25 Jun 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Noise
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2016

Just added my entry! Good stuff already submited !! :shock:

Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Peter

22 Jun 2016

I submitted my track this morning. Good stuff indeed.

tibah

22 Jun 2016

All the goodies! :shock: :o :thumbs_up:

thegoodbreaux

23 Jun 2016

Hoping to get some clarification on a few things :puf_smile:

1. We can use any RE (including 3rd party REs) that we like as long as it's not a synth other than Nostromo, correct?
2. Can we use non-factory library percussion loops/samples, for example shakers or bongos, as long as they are royalty free and cleared for use?
3. Can we use sound FX like white noise risers (not sure if Nostromo has a noise generator)?

I found these two statements a bit contradictory:
Can use - Recorded instruments and vocals (excluding external synths)
Can't use - Any instrument samples

For example, me recording my guitar and then chopping up the chords is a guitar sample, which would be an instrument sample in my book. :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

Thanks!!
Noel G. wrote:Welcome to Reasonistas and Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge.

THE RULES
  • Judge's decision is final
  • Only 3 winners with no cash alternative.
  • Song challenge begins Tuesday, June 7th, 2016
  • Song challenge ends Thursday, July 7th, 2016 @ 11:59 pm EST
  • All entries must be added to the Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge Group via SoundCloud
  • After the closing date, you are not allowed to change, alter or resubmit your entry. Any re-submissions or alterations will result in disqualification
  • All entrants, when requested, must be prepared to provide evidence that the rules have been adhered to. This includes providing a copy of the Reason song file to verify that only the Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer was used for synth sounds.
What you may use in your song:
  • Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Re for all synth sounds
  • Any Reason native and rack extension Effects and Utilities, including R9 "Players" (no external plug-ins or hardware)
  • Any drums except external plug-ins
  • Recorded instruments and vocals (excluding external synths)
  • Vocal samples
  • Collaboration for any of the above
What you may not use in your song:
  • Any synth that is not Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer (including Combinators featuring Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer that include any other synth)
  • Any instrument samples (you can use drums samples and samples of Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer)
  • Any programs outside of Reason that generate synth sounds
  • Any copyrighted material (Note: Breakbeat samples from the Factory Soundbank are cleared for use according to Propellerhear Software)
THE JUDGES
Rob @ Lectric Panda
Noel G. (NoelGMusic) @ Reasonistas

The judging will be based off the following criteria:
  • Showcasing of Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer
  • Arrangement and songwriting
  • Originality and creativity
  • Mixing and engineering
THE PRIZES
1st place: Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer and 2 other Lectric Panda Rack Extensions of choice
2nd place: Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer and 1 other Lectric Panda Rack Extensions of choice
3rd place: Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer

Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer shop page: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

Good luck to everyone!

QVprod

23 Jun 2016

Haven't done a song challenge in years I believe. Why not! Great stuff in the group already.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

23 Jun 2016

thegoodbreaux wrote:Hoping to get some clarification on a few things :puf_smile:

1. We can use any RE (including 3rd party REs) that we like as long as it's not a synth other than Nostromo, correct?
2. Can we use non-factory library percussion loops/samples, for example shakers or bongos, as long as they are royalty free and cleared for use?
3. Can we use sound FX like white noise risers (not sure if Nostromo has a noise generator)?
4. I found these two statements a bit contradictory:
For example, me recording my guitar and then chopping up the chords is a guitar sample, which would be an instrument sample in my book.
1. Correct
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes, we're saying you can record/sample your own instruments, but you can't use sampled instrument libraries from third parties.

Keep in mind every contestant's goal should be to showcase Nostromo in every way possible. Good luck.
ImageImage

Troyvasanth

24 Jun 2016

Another track. Hope you all like it.
As always comments and criticisms are welcome :)

Last edited by Troyvasanth on 25 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

frog974new

24 Jun 2016

some free time today
this time i go for a oldchool vibes

thegoodbreaux

24 Jun 2016

Awesome, thanks for the clarification! :thumbs_up:
Noel G. wrote:
thegoodbreaux wrote:Hoping to get some clarification on a few things :puf_smile:

4. I found these two statements a bit contradictory:
For example, me recording my guitar and then chopping up the chords is a guitar sample, which would be an instrument sample in my book.
1. Correct
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes, we're saying you can record/sample your own instruments, but you can't use sampled instrument libraries from third parties.

Keep in mind every contestant's goal should be to showcase Nostromo in every way possible. Good luck.

logicalpocket

25 Jun 2016

This is my entry. God this was a lot of fun to produce.

Hope you guys like it,
Alex
Blep

Arrant
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2016

Yes, but it's chicken :puf_bigsmile:
The nostromo is more than capable of creating the sweeps you need :thumbs_up:

• Information