Lectric Panda's Nostromo Spectral Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bsp

26 Jun 2016

My contribution, just for fun :)
Yes, Nostromo can do Chiptunes, too ;)
(actually, many REs cannot b/c of laggy pitch interpolation!)

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2016

Here is my submission, I am not sure if it made it into the soundcloud Group ( I don't see it there)

Anybody know why that might be.

Anyways here is the link

Arrant
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2016

Advanced Suite wrote:Here is my submission, I am not sure if it made it into the soundcloud Group ( I don't see it there)

The group is moderated, so Noel will need to wake up first, don't worry about it :thumbs_up:

frog974new

28 Jun 2016

Good luck for the judges , too many great and good tracks ^^
this callenge steel not close , amzaing and stunning music keep coming ..

May be the real challenge is for Reasonitas and Letric Panda's to pick up 3 winners xD

rcbuse
RE Developer

28 Jun 2016

frog974new wrote: May be the real challenge is for Reasonitas and Letric Panda's to pick up 3 winners xD
Seriously, lots of excellent material so far!

Arrant
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2016

"Reason sound", my ass

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2016

Arrant wrote:
Advanced Suite wrote:Here is my submission, I am not sure if it made it into the soundcloud Group ( I don't see it there)

The group is moderated, so Noel will need to wake up first, don't worry about it :thumbs_up:

Thank you Arrant :D

Tau Ceti

29 Jun 2016

Here's my second entry.

Faastwalker

29 Jun 2016

Struggling with this one. I'm so getting lost in creating awesome textures & droney stuff with Nostromo that I'm light years away from actually completing a 'song'! Tried to start something last night. Failed miserably. I just ended up fiddling with Nostromo! I love this thing but not, it would appear, for actually making tracks!! :?

rcbuse
RE Developer

29 Jun 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Struggling with this one. I'm so getting lost in creating awesome textures & droney stuff with Nostromo that I'm light years away from actually completing a 'song'! Tried to start something last night. Failed miserably. I just ended up fiddling with Nostromo! I love this thing but not, it would appear, for actually making tracks!! :?
Hah. I found myself doing this during development. Having to finish up a bunch of code but instead just listening and tweaking a single note for 30 minutes.

Faastwalker

29 Jun 2016

rcbuse wrote:Tweaking a single note for 30 minutes.
Yep, that's me. My song entry is going to be a slowly evolving & meandering 5 minute minor chord I think!! :D

EpiGenetik

30 Jun 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Struggling with this one. I'm so getting lost in creating awesome textures & droney stuff with Nostromo that I'm light years away from actually completing a 'song'! Tried to start something last night. Failed miserably. I just ended up fiddling with Nostromo! I love this thing but not, it would appear, for actually making tracks!! :?
Same here to start off with, but then I changed tactics. Wrote the song on guitar, and now started working on it with all the patches I've pulled together for it. Struggled for time a bit due to my own dev work, but we'll see how it gets on. :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2016

Interesting. I'm the complete opposite. There more there is to fiddle around with the more I rely on presets and actually get music done. Of course I might tweak the presets to my taste but still. I'm just gonna make the final adjustments on a mix and then I've finished my second song using Nostromo.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

30 Jun 2016

Okay, we just hit the 40 song mark....not funny guys/gals....
ImageImage

Bixbambi

30 Jun 2016

My contribution : Random Access Citrus :puf_wink: :D
Attachments
Randam Access Citrus.png
Randam Access Citrus.png (64.52 KiB) Viewed 2281 times

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2016

Here's my second entry.

I rarely make these kind of tracks, ambient and slowly evolving. The master volume isn't very loud, but this is not the sort of music you want squashed with no headroom. Please turn it up to get that infinite space feeling.

Faastwalker

01 Jul 2016

Can't get over those drone, soundscape textures so here we are.

VHS

02 Jul 2016

Here's my entry so far. Having a blast.

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2016

I didn't fully read the rules until a couple of days ago and realized that I didn't follow them so I had to re submit my track with some changes.
here is the new one.

its not much different than the last submission just didn't want to be disqualified because I used another synth.

thegoodbreaux

03 Jul 2016

Here is my submission 8-)

DJDark2010

03 Jul 2016

Argh ... had I knowed that at first :)
This synth is a beast - it is a monster of sound design ... so many possibilities.
I buyed it, because I can´t resist anymore to call this thing my own. And after a few hours of
switching knobs and combinating some of the many waveforms ... I am very impressed about the sound.

A very good RE ... and a must buy, too.

xDJDroidx

04 Jul 2016

There are some amazing entries in this challenge, well done everybody :thumbup:
Here's mine:

synaptyx

05 Jul 2016

So. Many. Awesome. Peeps. To. Follow! lol

Since Reason 1

WongoTheSane

05 Jul 2016

So many amazing pieces. And so different too! I'd hate to be the jury right now :lol:

Faastwalker

06 Jul 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:So many amazing pieces. And so different too! I'd hate to be the jury right now :lol:
This surely has to be the best response so far to a Song Challenge. It's testament to how inspiring Nostromo is that it's had such a response. I'm loving it but I'm gutted my TRY period is almost up. Can't afford to buy it right now so here's hoping the judges are partial to noisy, droning soundscape stuff!! If they are I might be in with a shout here!! :D Failing that I will be saving the Cents for when my wife is not watching ;)

• Information