Top 10 SDK 2 Rack Extensions I'd love to see in my rack

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrochoc (PRX-A)

30 Jun 2016

I took a decision... For financial reasons, I won't upgrade from Reason 6.5 until at least late fall... So, no MIDI-out, no players, and no many other things for me for the next months... But one thing that I am missing is the possibility to try SDK 2 Rack Extensions and to adopt them into my rack... The list of REs I'd like to try has grown lately, thanks to some fantastic looking and sounding new REs... To stay focussed, I'm trying to make a little list of my priority REs when I upgrade. Here's my top 10, in no specific order.

Five synthesizers to start with: since those are the primary sounds source of an electronic music artist, any synth that promises new sound possibilities will get my attention!

1. Rob Papen's Vecto: interesting concept, very versatile vector as it seems, going along a seemingly strong oscillators banks...
2. Propellerhead's Parsec: in additive synthesis, isn't it the more oscillators you have, the better it gets?
3. Lectric Panda's Nostromo: rich bank of tables and a lot of control over what's going on... Sexy!
4. Love One's Vibro: this one is harder to figure out... but seems to open up a world of possibilities! With randomization!
5. Ochen K.'s 4Mer: playing with waveforms is something I like to do! Plus this one seems to easily turn harsh and bad... I like that!

Two IDT instruments comes next:

6. Jiggery-Pokery's Republik: I like to have large and diversified sources of percussions, featuring kitchen kits and other unusual stuff...
7. eInstruments's StringWerk Studio Strings: I like strings, but the never-seen-in-Reason playability of this RE is what got my attention.

Two creative effects, to make weird sounds even weirder (and only two, because not much REs of that category has been released lately):

8. AirRaid Audio's Spectre: I'm not sure I get it, but, listening to the demos, I'm sure I'll love this one!
9. McDSP's FutzBox: I see it mainly as a collection of sound/ambience simulations, a dream-come-true to me!

... and one utility:

10. Ravenherz's DVC-1 Voltage Comparator: the missing thing of my CV tools collection: programming! I've waited for that for so long...

Voilà! OK, that's not a really useful thread, but I just wanted to do it! In case you were wondering: no, no studio effects... Because a) most of the best stuff there is SDK 1 and b) well, this is the all-work-and-no-fun side of music creation to me: I find it harder to salivate for an EQ or a reverb, unless it opens radically new possibilities (like maybe Synapse's Fat Space)... :puf_smile:
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

• Information