Blackpole Update

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chrischrischris

30 Jun 2016

Hi,

Would someone like to eleborate on the new features ie 2nd Rom and Hybrid Roms please.

Chris

submonsterz

01 Jul 2016

was hoping seeing an update that it had a fix for the end filter bug but sadly not :(.
and now also the combinator patch folder all wont load giving bad format or corrupt error ???.

Majestik Monkey

01 Jul 2016

Like New sound Banks !!!! Thanks very much Turn 2 on :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Attachments
Blaclpole Roms.png
Blaclpole Roms.png (377.68 KiB) Viewed 1447 times

submonsterz

01 Jul 2016

also noticed when using the filter section
if you press invert then turn it off again
it does not seem to do anything when pressed and reverts to filter before any changes to dials were made to me a big bug there too :(.

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Jul 2016

Hi to all.
Vers. 1.2 is new waveforms for oscillators.
We know about problem with using at one time End Filter with active Spaces (that have long effect)... Problem in long Space effect and On/Off button of End Filter... Filter can work with input signal. But there some problems with using activity of filter with big convolution elements. Using very fast End Filter On/Off changing with active long convolution Space effect create this problem, convolution not ended but filter On/Off activity at this moment can broke sound.
Its problem of current build and we wait answer from PH to find better way for remove it.

submonsterz, as we try now - not find this problem. May be you can try Envelopes (Cut/Res with Smooth) parameters.
There project file with Filter section On/Off test. Please write about your problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/555 ... est.reason

submonsterz

01 Jul 2016

turn2on wrote:Hi to all.
We know about problem with using at one time End Filter with active Spaces (that have long effect)... Problem in long Space effect and On/Off button of End Filter... Filter can work with input signal. But there some problems with using activity of filter with big convolution elements. Using very fast End Filter On/Off changing with active long convolution Space effect create this problem, convolution not ended but filter On/Off activity at this moment can broke sound.
Its problem of current build and we wait answer from PH to find better way for remove it.

submonsterz, as we try now - not find this problem. May be you can try Envelopes (Cut/Res with Smooth) parameters.
There project file with Filter section On/Off test. Please write about your problem.

hi yes I can make it do what I say with your file
just turn off your automation lane and set filter parameters while playing your notes on loop
then turn on invert then turn it off by hand
you will notice the filter does not revert back to how you set it up before pressing invert ;).
if you slightly move any of the filter parameters you will hear it will then revert back to how you set it before inverting it :).
hope that helps .
I can as before send you files and videos
but I'm shure you will see and hear yourself on this one :).
just follow as I said it will be so night and day it is happening .
and forgot to say thanks for the new banks :thumbs_up:
just tested it again it is all in the filter envelope dial this hiccup it seems.
Last edited by submonsterz on 01 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.

submonsterz

01 Jul 2016

turn2on wrote:Hi to all.

simple test to show it clearly remove your automation on your file.
set filter env to -69.9
set cut off to 16.0
set smooth to 64.1
set env res to 10.2
set res 67.2
turn on invert let play then turn it off hear how filter has changed totally to initial set up you made.
now touch the filter env dial slightly it will go back to how you first set it up before invert button was pressed .
hope that helps :).

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Jul 2016

Oh, thanks with that bug-find tutorial!
Now understand problem. Its can be fixed by repeat Invert On/Off and sound back after changing.. without it sound "eated" by filter. Its ofcaurse bug.
Need time to find source of this problem.

submonsterz

01 Jul 2016

Any idea on the combinator patches in the sound bank ??
none work after update here now :(.

turn2on
RE Developer

01 Jul 2016

Yes, we know it, its mistake, Comb files corrupted in current build. We prepare minor update now.

submonsterz

02 Jul 2016

turn2on wrote:Yes, we know it, its mistake, Comb files corrupted in current build. We prepare minor update now.
Ahh ok cool thank you :).

Majestik Monkey

02 Jul 2016

submonsterz wrote:
turn2on wrote:Yes, we know it, its mistake, Comb files corrupted in current build. We prepare minor update now.
Ahh ok cool thank you :).

Well done for finding those Bugs SM :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile:

K1TTENM1TTEN

04 Jul 2016

Bugs aside, I do not yet own this synth, but it impresses me that at this price point it continually gets more updates and continually looks and functions better and better for free. I really wish more companies would take up this model and continually update their synths with new and fun things to make us go back for more. Antidote did a lovely free update a while ago, and I would love to see more Rack Extensions follow suit! Companies like That Music Company and Turn2On show that you can make a killer product at an affordable price-point and make free updates that really add tons of value.

I really look forward to owning this synth one day, it is definitely on my list of ones I would like to pick up, if for no other reason than that it continually gets updated. Props to you, Turn2On, I hope you get those bugs worked out, if so, I will definitely be clicking the Buy button without even trialing this :-D

MDTerps2015

04 Jul 2016

Kitten I have the synth with the update of course and i must tell you, its a different beast before the update as i haven't had time to make any music lately. I haven't tried the update version yet. I had a hard time figuring out the lingering harmonic in the background instead of just the raw waveform. Its ok to have it in your arsenal and i hope i didn't sway you one way or the other but its a good synth with really weird sound or harmonics and i haven't figured out where to drop it in the rack for a hip hop/ r@b song although its sounds like it has tons of potential.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Loque

04 Jul 2016

Thanks for the update. Great to see someone enthusiastic in fiddling and improving his RE!

Still hope turn2on will make the next step into real synthesis. If hes turn 2 on into this the same like the IDT, man...
Reason12, Win10

K1TTENM1TTEN

05 Jul 2016

MDTerps2015 wrote:Kitten I have the synth with the update of course and i must tell you, its a different beast before the update as i haven't had time to make any music lately. I haven't tried the update version yet. I had a hard time figuring out the lingering harmonic in the background instead of just the raw waveform. Its ok to have it in your arsenal and i hope i didn't sway you one way or the other but its a good synth with really weird sound or harmonics and i haven't figured out where to drop it in the rack for a hip hop/ r@b song although its sounds like it has tons of potential.
Interesting. So there is a harmonic that is being generated somewhere within the synth that sounds bad eh? On all patches or just one?

MDTerps2015

05 Jul 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:Kitten I have the synth with the update of course and i must tell you, its a different beast before the update as i haven't had time to make any music lately. I haven't tried the update version yet. I had a hard time figuring out the lingering harmonic in the background instead of just the raw waveform. Its ok to have it in your arsenal and i hope i didn't sway you one way or the other but its a good synth with really weird sound or harmonics and i haven't figured out where to drop it in the rack for a hip hop/ r@b song although its sounds like it has tons of potential.
Interesting. So there is a harmonic that is being generated somewhere within the synth that sounds bad eh? On all patches or just one?
I think its on all patches. There is something there that i can't figure out where its coming from. There is the raw sound which is the waves forms from the osc and then some sort of harmonic behind the raw sounds. Now if i could figure it out then it might be a must buy because of price. Im sorry if i can't explain it totally but I'm sure other people notice that sound too. I wish Turn2On would come in and explain what that sound is and if there is a rotary or button to turn it off. I would take anybody else advice or confirming of this sound.

MDTerps2015

05 Jul 2016

OK Kitten I just went in and play around on it and all of a sudden i don't hear it. I don't know if it was the update or if i was smoking something the days i played with it ( i don't do drugs ) lol. Im sorry i may have mislead you but i know for a fact that it was the synth i was playing with the days I couldn't figure out what the heck the sound was. Give it a shot and see what you get but i wouldn't steer anyone and admit when I'm wrong or seemingly high when I was playing with it. I have so many synths that are impulse buys and this is one. If it sounds good under a verb or delay then i buy. I really think it has a ton of potential and seemingly more suited or geared towards Drum and bass types. Hopefully that helps and any other input or response is welcomed. Good Luck Kitten.

PS i wish i could change my handle to a more musically inclined name instead of my name which lets you know where I'm from. LMAO I'm so stupid. I must have been high that day LMAO.

turn2on
RE Developer

06 Jul 2016

MDTerps2015, not understand what you mean under harmonic problem.
May be you talk about using OSCs at one tune, and OSC X7 modules into any of OSCs with detune? (they not synced). You just can On/Bypass Osc X7 module.
Also, may be problem in active by default Limiter?
In architecture of device - waveforms (now as ROMs) with elements of midi and audio. At scheme - waveform going to ADSR AMP, filter, some effects, LFO and X7 Osc module.
Also there can be other variants..
At first versions we have trouble - notes with Velocity=1 sounded as multilayered osc waveforms.. Not know about what version you talk.

• Information