No RE since long time !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
boobytrap

05 Aug 2016

What the hell happen to new RE
RE.jpg
RE.jpg (140.8 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
Last edited by boobytrap on 05 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Loque

05 Aug 2016

More than enuf imo...
Reason12, Win10

Skullture

05 Aug 2016

Summer holiday isn't the best time to target new product releases. I predict new stuff coming in after September..

rcbuse
RE Developer

05 Aug 2016

Thats always a problem with releasing the preview screenshots. A dev can mockup a pretty sweet looking interface with the RE tools in a day or two, but you really have no idea the state of the code behind it. I really have to fight the urge to put out previews because there is always such a long path (months) from when its 'working' until it is really ready for the shop. Not to mention it usually changes a ton in beta testing.

I also think a lot of REs die in the grind between 'working' and shop ready. All kinds of stuff that no one wants to do and some devs lose interest.
Last edited by rcbuse on 05 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

challism

05 Aug 2016

I can tell you that there are quite a few amazing REs in the works at the moment, which are in beta right now. But, as a beta tester for these REs, I can not tell you anything more. But they are truly amazing..... stay tuned! Some exciting REs will be hitting the shop soon. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

AttenuationHz

05 Aug 2016

challism wrote:I can tell you that there are quite a few amazing REs in the works at the moment, which are in beta right now. But, as a beta tester for these REs, I can not tell you anything more. But they are truly amazing..... stay tuned! Some exciting REs will be hitting the shop soon. :)
How did you become a beta tester?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

challism

06 Aug 2016

Just pay attention to this forum. Sometimes developers put out requests for beta testers on this forum. The most recent developer I remember doing this was Kuassa. But beta slots are usually limited to so many testers, and many developers already have their team. Luck does play a part, so..... good luck! ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Nirude

06 Aug 2016

Nord Lead would be cool.

Anyway, as far as I know - the developer of Spectra has been on a vacation.
3d man.

decibel

06 Aug 2016

i cant even afford the recent RE's that i want right now, let alone a new wave of fancy gizmos coming along the pipeline. i have to deliberately avoid paying attention to the props shop in order to stop my g.a.s flaring up yeah ;) lol

Majestik Monkey

06 Aug 2016

decibel wrote:i cant even afford the recent RE's that i want right now, let alone a new wave of fancy gizmos coming along the pipeline. i have to deliberately avoid paying attention to the props shop in order to stop my g.a.s flaring up yeah ;) lol

+ 1 :puf_bigsmile:

dana

06 Aug 2016

Between the 3 drummers with cv out to kong (mixing real+sampled drums) and nostromo i'm pretty happy for now.

synthetechsound
RE Developer

08 Aug 2016

rcbuse wrote:Thats always a problem with releasing the preview screenshots. A dev can mockup a pretty sweet looking interface with the RE tools in a day or two, but you really have no idea the state of the code behind it. I really have to fight the urge to put out previews because there is always such a long path (months) from when its 'working' until it is really ready for the shop. Not to mention it usually changes a ton in beta testing.

I also think a lot of REs die in the grind between 'working' and shop ready. All kinds of stuff that no one wants to do and some devs lose interest.
I'm living this now. It is indeed a long path. You really have to go through it once to fully understand how challenging it is. I'm currently building in some recommendations from the pre beta I ran. This of course requires more testing. Spectra is my first synth and having almost completed the process I now know what I didn't know when I started. This will of course make any potential future efforts dramatically more easy. I probably should have started with something more simple but it is what it is.

It's good to see the diversity in the RE shop. I think everyone wins as a result. Spectra Has been a labour of love for me. I don't think I would have put in the same effort if I was aiming at a commercial success. The stuff I've learned and the people I've met (online) have been my reward. The guys who participated in my pre beta are awesome and very supportive.

Congratulations on an awesome release @rcbuse. Nostromo is pretty awesome.

Faastwalker

10 Aug 2016

challism wrote:I can tell you that there are quite a few amazing REs in the works at the moment, which are in beta right now. But, as a beta tester for these REs, I can not tell you anything more. But they are truly amazing..... stay tuned! Some exciting REs will be hitting the shop soon. :)
Always good to hear :D

miscend

18 Aug 2016

PhutureD wrote:i pray there's a re in the making to emulate synth 1 nord lead emulation.
The guy who coded the Nord lead 1 works at Props. He made Subtractor.

• Information